I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:38:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis - NxStage Users
| | |-+  OH NO!!!!! NxStage takes in $25M in stock, inventory buy from Davita.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: OH NO!!!!! NxStage takes in $25M in stock, inventory buy from Davita.  (Read 14580 times)
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« on: February 13, 2007, 03:37:50 AM »

Well Davita is making their move, they now own 7% of NxStage.  :o :'( This really saddens me. Please read the .PDF's I have attached. I new it was just a matter of time before Duh-Vita partnered with Davita. In the deal Davita now OWNES ALL of the NxStage Machines.  :thumbdown;
I understand this is good for NxStage and they NEED this, but why couldn't have been Fresenius, or some other company. WHY DAVITA.  :'(

We are excited about the opportunity this partnership offers our patients," stated Kent Thiry, CEO of DaVita. "Providing our patients with a variety of dialysis options, either in-center or at home, is consistent with our mission to be the provider of choice for dialysis patients."

"We are pleased to expand our relationship with DaVita," said Jeffrey H. Burbank, President & CEO of NxStage Medical. "With this partnership, we are furthering our company's strategy of working with a select group of passionate providers in each geography in order to increase patient access to home therapy

- Epoman
Owner/Admin

PLEASE READ THE .PDF's I have attached below.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 03:44:16 AM by Epoman » Logged

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 04:57:38 AM »

Money changes everything don't it?
kelliOR

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 11:08:24 AM »

I am so disappointed to see this happen.  I suppose at Davita's next convention, they will all be dancing around in NxStage costumes.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 11:11:22 AM by kelliOR » Logged

Shoot for the Moon.....Even if you miss, you'll end up among the Stars ........

Denied PKD for years (Boy, was I good at it!)
Dragged kicking and screaming to dialysis (in center hemo)
Transplant from a friend March 24, 2006 at OHSU
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 05:05:36 PM »

God bless the corporation greed!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 08:25:27 PM »

It's just the machines being used by Davita that they bought. And Davita became in effect a franchisee of NxStage if FMC wanted to use the System One they'd have to get them through Davita. Existing contracts and non-profits are not affected by this deal.

http://www.billpeckham.com  "Dialysis from the sharp end of the needle" tracking  industry news and trends - in advocacy, reimbursement, politics and the provision of dialysis
Incenter Hemodialysis: 1990 - 2001
Home Hemodialysis: 2001 - Present
NxStage System One Cycler 2007 - Present
        * 4 to 6 days a week 30 Liters (using PureFlow) @ ~250 Qb ~ 8 hour per treatment FF~28
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 08:38:18 PM »

It's just the machines being used by Davita that they bought. And Davita became in effect a franchisee of NxStage if FMC wanted to use the System One they'd have to get them through Davita. Existing contracts and non-profits are not affected by this deal.

It's not just that Bill, Davita now OWNS 7% of NxStage. Davita is now a MAJOR share holder/owner of the company. ::)

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 08:56:15 PM »

Epoman, I share your skepticism of Davita's motives in all things even as I acknowledge it is almost always a mistake to attribute motivations. If 7% leads to 51% then that would raise questions. 7% is more a vote of confidence. Davits's ownership percentage will be an interesting number to watch.

http://www.billpeckham.com  "Dialysis from the sharp end of the needle" tracking  industry news and trends - in advocacy, reimbursement, politics and the provision of dialysis
        * 4 to 6 days a week 30 Liters (using PureFlow) @ ~250 Qb ~ 8 hour per treatment FF~28
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 09:12:09 PM »

Epoman, I share your skepticism of Davita's motives in all things even as I acknowledge it is almost always a mistake to attribute motivations. If 7% leads to 51% then that would raise questions. 7% is more a vote of confidence. Davits's ownership percentage will be an interesting number to watch.

:thumbup; Yes it will be very interesting to watch. Mark my words the percentage WILL increase. Davita is just taking baby steps with NxStage on their way to Total Renal Domination.  :-\

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Black
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 05:05:25 PM »

Correct, ours is through DCI, a non-profit.

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 09:29:52 AM »

:bump;  someone, in another thread, asked about this one.  Here it is.  ;D

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
dyann

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 08:57:16 PM »

I just started training with the Nxstage through Davita,  scary but I love the freedom it is going to provide me when training is completed
totosidney

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2010, 03:48:58 PM »

I am pleased that NxStage gets a partner with a little more political muscle. This will be helpful to NxStage's survivial in this very uncertain Medicare climate.  sid
catfish10

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 11:07:54 AM »

i figured something fishy like that was going on., i noticed how hard Duh vita tried to push the nxstage co on me.  money does run the world!!!!
Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 07:52:54 PM »

This agreement was for either two or three years ( I think 3)  but either way it has expired which is why FMC has begun to offer NxStage.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »