I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:28:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  What I've been up to: a photo essay
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What I've been up to: a photo essay  (Read 11368 times)
cariad
Elite Member

What's past is prologue

« on: June 12, 2012, 11:30:26 AM »

In brief: two boys in soccer, two boys in baseball, two boys performing in piano recitals, two boys in karate (one is now a black belt), one boy in gymnastics, one husband in California, and one exhausting birthday weekend for a newly minted six-year-old that included a visit from his dad and a party with 9 children and six adults.

At least school finally ends today. Must go collect gift baskets to give to the teachers that deserve them.

Now that I've given myself an excuse to show off my children, please feast your eyes below.  :)

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. - Philo of Alexandria

People have hope in me. - John Bul Dau, Sudanese Lost Boy
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 12:14:17 PM »

Busy lady!  Lovely photos, too.   :)

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 01:22:55 PM »

:clap;....love the photos, lovely boys both.

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 01:58:45 PM »

If I'm blessed with boy children I want them to be just like yours ... they are truly adorable!  Will the holidays be busier than school days (having to keep them even more amused and suchlike)?

;D

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 06:02:52 PM »

Great photos! I love the intensity shown in the soccer ones.

Galvo
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 06:36:51 PM »

So good to see the boys!  :2thumbsup;

Miss you.

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 10:44:36 AM »

Busy Mom! It all goes by so fast! My baby is 17, starting his senior year! I love seeing the boys - so cute!!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
lainiepop

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 11:42:39 AM »

Aww ! So Sweet how old are they? I have Andrew (Drew) 4 and a half & Elena (Lainie) who'll be 1 in a few weeks. will have to put some pics up! Am missing them while I'm in hospital.
your boys sure do a lot of Sport. Andrew sometimes does Soccor & Gym. He starts school September ! x

1982 - born with one imperfect kidney and no bladder, parents told i would not survive
1984 - urostomy op
1990 - bladder built out of colon
2007 - birth of son, gfr fall from 3O to 26
July2011 - birth of prem daughter, gfr 17%
August2011 - gfr drop to 10%
29th May2012 - RECEIVED KIDNEY 4/6 match from my wonderful dad !
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 11:57:00 AM »

Great seeing your boys   ;D  love um and there beautiful,, and oh so busy you  :cuddle;  Loved those days myself,, now i have grown ups that ...well, i was going to say are fun, but my son is visiting and was just right now, in my kitchen fussen around maken a mess while i questioned him wheather he was going to clean it up and i got a look you wouldnt believe.  well, thank goodnes theres a lot of love between us..lol

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
cariad
Elite Member

What's past is prologue

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 02:19:02 PM »

Aw, thanks so much for indulging me, lovelies!

If I'm blessed with boy children I want them to be just like yours ... they are truly adorable!  Will the holidays be busier than school days (having to keep them even more amused and suchlike)?
Wow, Poppy, this is the compliment of a lifetime. Thank you so much! Summer holiday is actually far easier than school days. They get to spend all day at their favorite place on earth (the summer program run by their afterschool center) and they do all these spectacular activities that I do not have to transport them to. Both boys will take karate, piano, and hopefully guitar onsite, they go swimming on campus several times each week, they have a weekly outing to water parks, museums, farms, and other adventures. This year Aidan is old enough to do tech support for drama club, and Elliot will be in the chorus of the play (Jack and the Beanstalk). The best is that if they need to skip a day, or just sleep in a while longer, I don’t get a bossy robocall telling me my child was marked late/absent. It is 10 weeks of bliss for all of us!

Thanks, Aleta! It’s great to be back, and sweet of you to say I was missed.

Karol, you barely look 17 yourself! I am freaking out because Aidan turns 10 end of summer. :o

Cheers jbeany and monrein. I believe all the photos were taken by Gwyn. Thanks to his amazing new camera (Christmas gift from my parents) and the superb lens I gave him as a wedding present, he is ready for National Geographic

Ah yes, galvo, nothing more serious than soccer around here. Thanks for having a look.

Hi lainiepop, don’t believe we’ve met. Welcome! Elliot (aka Liot) is now six and Aidan is nine. Aidan would play soccer all day if given the chance, although he also loves basketball, baseball, and karate. His is amazing at soccer and karate, very good at baseball and basketball. His baseball coach told him he was the smartest player on the team in front of his own child! I was so flattered for him, but not sure the coach’s kid was too impressed with the comment. :rofl; Yes, please put up pickies of your little darlings.

Boswife, you are so sweet as always! Yes, when I start to pull my hair out, or throw my head back and scream as I did this morning, I just think how much I’ll miss it one day, and sooner than I think. It’s nice to know that the attidue never quite goes away. Aidan is the most considerate thing, but get him in front of his friends and a simple Hi, Aidan will be met with a frosty Yo! (if I’m lucky) because of course, he is far too cool to be seen talking to me. :rofl;

I was going to put up a couple more, but the computer keeps crashing on me. I guess it’s trying to tell me something….  :)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 02:26:32 PM by cariad » Logged

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. - Philo of Alexandria

People have hope in me. - John Bul Dau, Sudanese Lost Boy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »