I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2024, 12:26:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  PLEASE HELP...complications post transplant...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PLEASE HELP...complications post transplant...  (Read 3063 times)
ulrika

« on: April 04, 2012, 12:18:29 PM »

My daughter finally had her transplant on March 8th, after 6 years on dialysis. Everything seemed relatively normal until 2 weeks post transplant, when she developed severe stomach cramps and, was unable to keep anything down. They were suggesting that she had some form of Ileus, however her symptoms were more like Pseudo Obstruction, a rare form of complication following a renal transplant, and could be due to reaction to certain medications. Her symptoms went away after the doctor took her off Diltiazem, but they have now returned with a vengeance after 4 days. We know that this condition can be fatal, and we are at our whits end. My daughter, who has been so strong during her illness, and up until now is so weak from pain and fear.  Please help us.

willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 12:33:52 PM »

OH, ulrika.

What can I say. Your family will be in my thoughts.  :grouphug;

Be strong! I hope that your daughter comes through this with no ill effects.

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 01:54:06 PM »

I wouldn't dare hazard a guess, but I would be on the phone right now with the tx center to get some answers!  Your daughter can't go on like this.  Has she actually seen her transplant surgeon and been examined by her team?

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
ulrika

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 04:19:54 PM »

Sandra has been admitted twice to the transplant ward...we just got back from the transplant clinic a few mins. ago. They gave here something for the pain, and they are going to check her for pancreitis. The doctors are stumped so far. They are also going to consult a Gastro/enterologist.
The new kidney seem to be working in spite of everything else. The creatine levels took a while to decrease, but went from 450 to 190 in a few days.
It's so hard to see her in so much pain.

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 04:27:50 PM »

I am so glad to hear that her kidney is OK; that's one less thing to worry about.  I just can't imagine what the problem might be.  I hope you find answers very soon.  Once you find out what the problem is, please do let us know.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Traveller1947

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 05:31:45 PM »

Praying for Sandra and for you, ulrika.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 06:01:14 PM »

Your family is in my prayers.  Keep us posted.  I hope you have a good night.    :pray;

jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 07:40:04 PM »

:grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug;

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

jeannea
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 05:00:55 AM »

All I can say is keep fighting for her. Have they checked for CMV colitis? That causes terrible pain. I'm so sorry things are this rough.  :grouphug;
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »