I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:27:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Anyone else with allergies?!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone else with allergies?!  (Read 3257 times)
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« on: March 19, 2012, 04:17:15 PM »

I belong in a bubble~

I am allergic to pretty much anything airborne... Dust, mold, dander, something in fresh cut grass, something in water, pollen...

I am miserable today! I was a bad girl and took an allergy relief pill, unsure if we are supposed to or not, i will ask tomorrow, but in the mean time, does anyone know?

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
TX listed 8/1/11 inactive
LISTED ACTIVE! 11/14/11 !!!
lmunchkin
Elite Member

"There Is No Place Like Home!"

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 04:22:47 PM »

Me personally, no not that I know of.  J is allergic to Baclophen, it almost killed him.

lmunchkin

11/2004 Hubby diag. ESRD, Diabeties, Vascular Disease & High BP
12/2004 to 6/2009 Home PD
6/2009 Peritonitis , PD Cath removed
7/2009 Hemo Dialysis In-Center
2/2010 BKA rt leg & lt foot (all toes) amputated
6/2010 to present.  NxStage at home
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 04:29:12 PM »

Every spring and fall I get such bad allergies, and I normally end up on a steroid, but Im hoping that doesnt happen this year.

If feels like someone is sitting on my face

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
lmunchkin
Elite Member

"There Is No Place Like Home!"

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 04:47:40 PM »

Well there is something going around.  J got something from his son the other day when he came by.  He is on the outer side of it now.  He was pretty well drained with it all.

Yea pollen and all the other crude is rampant right now.  I would just assume stay inside, although weather here has been so nice!  Want to get my bike and RIDE!!!!

lmunchkin
 :kickstart;

11/2004 Hubby diag. ESRD, Diabeties, Vascular Disease & High BP
12/2004 to 6/2009 Home PD
6/2009 Peritonitis , PD Cath removed
7/2009 Hemo Dialysis In-Center
2/2010 BKA rt leg & lt foot (all toes) amputated
6/2010 to present.  NxStage at home
Desert Dancer

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 05:11:27 PM »

I take one Zyrtec every day, have ever since I moved to Arizona 8 years ago and got allergies for the first time in my life. Everyone at the clinic knows I take it, no one's said not to.

August 1980: Diagnosed with Familial Juvenile Hyperurecemic Nephropathy (FJHN)
8.22.10:   Began dialysis through central venous catheter
8.25.10:   AV fistula created
9.28.10:   Began training for Home Nocturnal Hemodialysis on a Fresenius Baby K
10.21.10: Began creating buttonholes with 15ga needles
11.13.10: Our first nocturnal home treatment!

Good health is just the slowest possible rate at which you can die.

The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty. The glass is just twice as large as it needs to be.

The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Cordelia
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 06:00:13 PM »

I am allergic to a lot of things too. I am actually allergic to dustmites and they live year round on your body so I was told. Soooooo I just tell people I'm allergic to 'myself'         :rofl;

When I get really bad, I am allowed one benadryl tablet every 4-6 hrs.

Diagnosed with Polycystic Kidney Disease at age 19.
Renal Failure at age 38 (2010) came about 2 hrs close to dying. Central line put in an emergency.
Began dialysis on Aug 15, 2010.
Creatine @ time of dialysis: 27. I almost died.
History of High Blood Pressure
I have Neuropathy and Plantar Fasciitis in My Feet
AV Fistula created in Nov. 2011, still buzzing well!
Transplanted in April, 2013. My husband and I participated in the Living Donor paired exchange program. I nicknamed my kidney "April"
Married 18 yrs,  Mom to 3 kids to twin daughters (One that has PKD)  and a high-functioning Autistic son
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 06:06:55 PM »

yep, dustmites are one of mine as well, i seriously belong in a bubble i think lol
dander is the absolute worst!

HemoDialysis since 2007
Cordelia
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 08:05:16 PM »

I understand how frustrating that is.  I've often thought the same thing about wanting to  live in a bubble!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 08:07:01 PM by Cordelia » Logged

Renal Failure at age 38 (2010) came about 2 hrs close to dying. Central line put in an emergency.
Transplanted in April, 2013. My husband and I participated in the Living Donor paired exchange program. I nicknamed my kidney "April"
Married 18 yrs,  Mom to 3 kids to twin daughters (One that has PKD)  and a high-functioning Autistic son
Annig83

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 08:13:30 PM »

According to all of my doctors anything over-the-counter for allergies is okay.  Benadryll is good for allergies but it will make you drowsy unless you find the non-drowsiness brand?  I take Claritan once a day, I constantly get clogged ears with fluid from my allergies, and that causes vertigo :(  NO FUN!  Just don't get something like Tylenol-Cold and Flu, or anything with sudaefedrine in it, that raises blood pressure, and can affect your other medications if you take any.

*~Annie~*
Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.
Arnold Bennett
Even though I have gone through so much with ESRD, my son is my inspiration to keep going.  He was delievered at 28 weeks weighing 1 lb 12 oz and today he is a fun-loving 1 year old, whom I love with all my heart!

Diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome Age 13- 1996 Unknown Cause. 35% functioning of both kidneys.
Stable until Age 27; complications with pregnancy, loss of 25% function. (Current functioning is between 5-7%).
December 3, 2010- PD Catheter Placed on Left Side
March 2011- PD Catheter Removal (Due to malfunction)
April 2011- PD Catheter Placement on Right Side
April 2011- Surgery to adjust Catheter and "tacking of fatty tissue"
May 2011- CCPD Started
October 2012- Infection of PD catheter.  PD Cath. removal surgery. Perma-Cath. Placed for Hemodialysis.
Hemodialysis started October 12, 2012.
January 16 2013- First Fistula
On Transplant List in Indiana, awaiting 1st Transplant at IU Health in Indianapolis.
Cordelia
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 05:11:22 AM »

I find Benadryl does the opposite for me....it makes me wired. Years ago when I used to take it, made me drowsy.    I think I took it twice since renal failure and it wired me, I can't understand that LOL
I dare not take it near bedtime.       :rofl;

gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 08:17:39 AM »

Holy COWS!
I went outside last night to play with my son and neice, and my eyeballs watered, my nose ran, and MY TONGUE SWELLED i could barely speak, so i came in and took 2 benedryl, and we had dinner... i do not remember any of the following, I was told about it this morning-
I apparently stepped in, not one, but TWO big piles of dog crap in the house (my bro brought his dog!! I think my dog and their dog had a poo contest in the kitchen) I then apparently told the dog i was going to eat him, hobbling to the bathroom to take a shower, came out of the shower and sat on the couch, drooling, until they told me to go to bed.....
I dont think i should take 2 benedryl ever again...
On the plus side I slept really well last night!

HemoDialysis since 2007
jeannea
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 10:30:50 AM »

Yeah. They gave me Benadryl in the hospital and it made me totally loopy. I said and did some really weird stuff. Now I list it under my drug allergies so no one gives it to me again. You may want to avoid it.

Have you tried one of the allergy drugs you take every day? Like Zyrtec or I can't remember the other. Then you can read labels. ChlorTrimeton can be taken as needed and has a different ingredient than Benadryl. So does Tylenol Allergy I think. Just read labels.
bleija

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2012, 11:37:48 AM »

dnt eat the dogs thts terrible, hilarious from my point of view... lol... yeah i dnt think i would take 2 anytime soon again
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »