I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 12:27:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Question?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question?  (Read 1931 times)
Annig83

« on: March 08, 2012, 07:41:34 PM »

Does anyone know if you are more prone to getting gallbladder attacks when you have ESRD?  I have been having similar symptoms to a friend who had to have her gallbladder removed a few years back.  My D unit, thinks it could be stress-related because I'm moving to Indianapolis this weekend, and my parents decided to pick up and move to North Carolina this month.  Long story, short there are a lot of things going on right now that have my stress level elevated...but I was curious if anyone had a similiar experience, or wants to put in their  :twocents; .

Thanks

*~Annie~*
Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.
Arnold Bennett
Even though I have gone through so much with ESRD, my son is my inspiration to keep going.  He was delievered at 28 weeks weighing 1 lb 12 oz and today he is a fun-loving 1 year old, whom I love with all my heart!

Diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome Age 13- 1996 Unknown Cause. 35% functioning of both kidneys.
Stable until Age 27; complications with pregnancy, loss of 25% function. (Current functioning is between 5-7%).
December 3, 2010- PD Catheter Placed on Left Side
March 2011- PD Catheter Removal (Due to malfunction)
April 2011- PD Catheter Placement on Right Side
April 2011- Surgery to adjust Catheter and "tacking of fatty tissue"
May 2011- CCPD Started
October 2012- Infection of PD catheter.  PD Cath. removal surgery. Perma-Cath. Placed for Hemodialysis.
Hemodialysis started October 12, 2012.
January 16 2013- First Fistula
On Transplant List in Indiana, awaiting 1st Transplant at IU Health in Indianapolis.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 10:26:14 PM »

I know that CKD certainly causes gallbladder attacks!  High blood lipids lead to cholesterol chunks blobbing up the gallbladder.  I'd had HORRIBLE attacks for some years, and no, they were NOT caused by stress.  I was required to get my gallbladder removed before I could get on the transplant list.  Thank God for that.  Gout and gallbladder attacks have both been caused by my CKD, and I am not sure which is more painful!  But now, no more gallbladder problems!  yay!  Well worth the procedure!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
conchman

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 03:49:40 AM »

I guess I was different.  What they suspected was gall bladder, (puked from here to Las Vegas and back, including my doctors's trash can) turned out it was too much strees and Diet-Pepsi.  Still...go get checked.

"If I had trouble the warranty said, breathe in, breathe out, move on"- J.Buffett

1991 diagnosed PKD (kidneys, liver)
2010 kidneys at 35% (left 2x size)
2011 kidneys at 30% (left 2x size)
Annig83

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 10:15:56 PM »

Thanks!  I am going to go get checked out this week.  My stress level is significantly down now that I have moved to Indianapolis successfully, but I'm still having issues.  Still no pain or anything on my side, but (excuse me for being so personal), once I eat anything (and I only eat once a day because of D), everything goes right through me... sometimes I can't even finish the meal without high-tailing it to the bathroom.   :sir ken;

*~Annie~*
Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.
Arnold Bennett
Even though I have gone through so much with ESRD, my son is my inspiration to keep going.  He was delievered at 28 weeks weighing 1 lb 12 oz and today he is a fun-loving 1 year old, whom I love with all my heart!

Diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome Age 13- 1996 Unknown Cause. 35% functioning of both kidneys.
Stable until Age 27; complications with pregnancy, loss of 25% function. (Current functioning is between 5-7%).
May 2011- CCPD Started
October 2012- Infection of PD catheter.  PD Cath. removal surgery. Perma-Cath. Placed for Hemodialysis.
On Transplant List in Indiana, awaiting 1st Transplant at IU Health in Indianapolis.
Annig83

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 08:21:12 PM »

Just an update.  Phew! No gallbladder issues!  Turns out I have a very nasty virus, in addition to an ear infection/sinus infection.  I'm on antibiotics for the sinus problems, and unfortunately got Vertigo this morning :(  Was down all day, luckily it's much better now (obviously since I can type again!) :2thumbsup;  Thanks for the feedback.  Hopefully, I get better in the next few days and I won't be running towards the toilet as much! ;D

*~Annie~*
Arnold Bennett

May 2011- CCPD Started
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »