I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:56:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Nocturnal
| | |-+  Nx Stage nocturnal may be a go
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nx Stage nocturnal may be a go  (Read 3446 times)
amanda100wilson
Elite Member

« on: February 14, 2012, 02:55:59 PM »

I was talking to my neph. yesterday about how onerous short-daily is on time and we got talking about the possibility of doing nocturnal.  Last time the subject was broached, he was very negative, but Haemodoc, I think that I may have you to thank for his change in attitude as he mentioned that he read Renal Web and mentioned you.  Reading that site yesterday, I read your article on comparison of tansplants and extended dialysis and 8 think that may have had some impact on his change of attititde. I think that I put forward some good reasons for doing it (long 20 p,us hisltoryof ESRD, still relatively young with a dependent child at home, little chance of further transplant).  Now just got to keep my fingers crossed.

ESRD 22 years
  -PD for 18 months
  -Transplant 10 years
  -PD for 8 years
  -NxStage since October 2011
Healthy people may look upon me as weak because of my illness, but my illness has given me strength that they can't begin to imagine.

Always look on the bright side of life...
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 03:00:07 PM »

Yay Amanda and Hemodoc!!  That's great news.  Sometimes we have to be the ones to educate our own nephrologists!  LOL!  And just think...now your neph may be open to putting some of his other patients on nocturnal, so you see, you've probably ended up helping all sorts of people!  Yay you!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
fearless

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 04:13:05 PM »

Hurrah!  Let us know what happens.  I'm psyched for you, and hopeful I'll be able to once again follow your path (my clinic doesn't offer nocturnal at this time either - so I'll be working on convincing them, but, one step at a time - need to actually get on home hemo first!

lmunchkin
Elite Member

"There Is No Place Like Home!"

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 07:27:35 PM »

Oh Amanda, this would be great news! Yes Peter is very well known in Medical circles.  I have learned alot from him. Nocturnal is the best thing going if transplant is not option. 

I hope this works out for you. You have been through alot over the years and a tremendous advocate for others, so something should go your way for a change!

Let us know what happens!  Sending  :pray;  to you!

God Bless,
lmunchkin
 :kickstart;

11/2004 Hubby diag. ESRD, Diabeties, Vascular Disease & High BP
12/2004 to 6/2009 Home PD
6/2009 Peritonitis , PD Cath removed
7/2009 Hemo Dialysis In-Center
2/2010 BKA rt leg & lt foot (all toes) amputated
6/2010 to present.  NxStage at home
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »