I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:16:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  It's The Start Of The Week! Let's Be Grateful!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's The Start Of The Week! Let's Be Grateful!  (Read 2646 times)
HSM

« on: February 13, 2012, 03:43:19 AM »

Hey everyone, it's Monday morning, heading into the afternoon here in England and I just wanted to spread the love.

I'm back (again!) lol on these forums, this time for good. I'd like everyone who posts to mention something they're grateful for and give a reason, don't just give a one word answer please!

I'll start....I'm grateful for ending up on dialysis. It was only then beginning for me. Check out my introduction and re-introduction for the story. I wasn't sure what was to follow after my kidneys had failed, but I'm truly glad and grateful I never gave up. I'm in love with life as I don't look at the things I don't have anymore, I'm just grateful for all the wonderful things I do have. I'm not saying this because I've met a special lady or because I have children, kidney failure has helped me to embrace who I am completely. My point is, you can be single and still be in love with life and be truly happy. I'm hoping to start my own charity soon, I'm studying again, I'm helping out with a children's football (soccer) team again and I help at a charity there I help people over 50-55 learn about computers and the internet etc (it's never too late!), life is amazing! Sometimes things happen to us to get us back on track with our purpose in life. Being on dialysis has helped me to find my purpose in life.

So once again, I'm grateful I ended up on dialysis!

Hardev

The only reason I attend dialysis is for the tea and the biscuits!

Dialysis wasn't the end, it was just the beginning!

It's about ability, NOT disability!
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 06:38:22 AM »

Hey :)  i'll take some of that love  ;D  And greatful, well, i find that just today i feel blessed and greatful that i have gotton to sit beside my dear hubby and snuggle into his neck while he is sitting here at home, doing the D  ;)    I am so happy to be able to  look over at him now sleeping comfortably while im typing this and knowing he's warm and content.. Im grateful that when the sun comes up, i'll be rolling my little happy singing budgies out here into the front room to share their song with us and hang out free to play in their tree or what ever they want to do.  Im happy that my doggie will soon drag her little butt out of bed and greet me with her precious face and waggie tail.  Im happy and grateful that itt looks like we're going to get some rain to give our world here a nice drink  :flower;  , Aww yes,,, God willing, it's going to be a beautiful day  :pray;

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
Whamo
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 06:52:27 AM »

I was so happy I was able to walk 5 miles on Saturday on the treadmill.  I broke it up into four 30 minute treks.  But I was even more grateful that my nephew's wife had a baby girl on Sunday in San Francisco.  What made it sweeter that was my mother got to be there with my sister, grandmother, and great-grandmother, together, along with my niece from New York, who was over for a weekend at Lake Tahoe.   :bow; :bow;  Thank you, Jesus, thank you, my sweet Lord.
amanda100wilson
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 07:13:16 AM »

I'm grateful every day that I have my beautiful son and that there was the medical technology available to enable me to have him.  He is the sunshine of my my and the silver lining to my clouds.  Whenever I get the 'i hate the hand that's been dealt me dialysis blues', he is what makes me realise that it is all worthwhile.

ESRD 22 years
  -PD for 18 months
  -Transplant 10 years
  -PD for 8 years
  -NxStage since October 2011
Healthy people may look upon me as weak because of my illness, but my illness has given me strength that they can't begin to imagine.

Always look on the bright side of life...
jeannea
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 08:32:48 AM »

I'm grateful that USA network has Law & Order: CI all day Monday.  j/k

I'm grateful for the time I get to spend with my nieces since I'm not working. My one niece is handicapped and I'm grateful I can see her learning to move her arms and hold her head again. And I am grateful I have a good lawyer working on my disability case.

And after reading here, I'm grateful I have good nurses and doctors at my dialysis center.
Psim

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 09:40:21 AM »

What a great topic! I'm truly madly deeply grateful that the sun is peeking out today after weeks of rain and fog. Makes everything sing!
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 11:40:05 AM »

ANd..  ;D Im grateful to sit across the room from my hubby and 3 'living' friends of his talking old times and LAUGHING their heads off..   The start of thier conversation was about how the 'table' of them is shrinking.  They used to take up a whole lot more room... There loosing friends left and right so getting together more and more.  It's fun to watch :)  I have a beautiful family  :flower;

fearless

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 06:09:44 PM »

I am grateful for the beauty of nature.  Sometimes when I look at trees I think i can see God.   :)
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 07:04:02 PM »

ok feerless, i think you understand then that....... well, i feel i feel the trees.  I dont know better how to explain that, but , well, i feel them

fearless

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 08:58:54 PM »

yes, I know what you mean.  It's like they're inside you.
HSM

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 06:13:10 AM »

I'm grateful to all of you who have posted on this topic. It's too easy to feel sorry for ourselves and wollow in self pity. I found that if you wake up being grateful for what you have and discard the thoughts of what you haven't got, you just can't stop smiling all day! Well I can't anyway!

The only reason I attend dialysis is for the tea and the biscuits!

Dialysis wasn't the end, it was just the beginning!

It's about ability, NOT disability!
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 06:21:48 AM »

and  ;)  .......... more gratefulness today too  ;D  Hubby is quite chipper this morning and as usual, we were up at 3 to get the D started.  All smooth, and will be done by 830 this morn.  Then tomorrows day off.  That makes him happy which of course frees up my spirit as well  ;D  I am so grateful for this beautiful day...   :flower;

awwwww, and sunny california is getting rain and for me, its a beautiful site and sound.  It satisfies the thurst of our trees  ;D and is like music to me..  Yea, it's California, we dont get this stuff as much as some..hehe

Out with the bad,   in with the good  :grouphug;

amanda100wilson
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 01:01:01 PM »

I'm grateful that we are going away for the weekend

ESRD 22 years
  -PD for 18 months
  -Transplant 10 years
  -PD for 8 years
  -NxStage since October 2011
Healthy people may look upon me as weak because of my illness, but my illness has given me strength that they can't begin to imagine.

Always look on the bright side of life...
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 11:32:07 PM »

I am grateful for two three day weekends.  I am grateful that I am doing well this year.  I feel pretty good, I am working out more,  I am stronger than I have been.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 03:52:18 PM »

I'm grateful that the owner of the kittens I contacted from the Craigslist ad is serious enough about giving them away that she is sending weekly update pics. 

One week old!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

fearless

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 06:54:14 PM »

jbeany!

I am grateful that you're going to have a kitten!  AND SO CUTE!   :bandance;
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »