I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2024, 10:33:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  I hope it's OK...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I hope it's OK...  (Read 4125 times)
Sara
Elite Member

« on: January 07, 2006, 09:49:34 PM »

I suppose I should have posted this first before posting the other questions.  I am not an actual dialysis patient, but my husband is (well, will be) and as he's not interested in researching and visiting message boards, I'm doing my best to educate myself and him about what is going to happen.  I do hope that it's not offensive or invasive of me to be posting here and asking questions.  If it is, please let me know and I will leave quietly.  I certainly don't want to cause anyone any discomfort.

Thank you.

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 10:36:14 PM »

I suppose I should have posted this first before posting the other questions.  I am not an actual dialysis patient, but my husband is (well, will be) and as he's not interested in researching and visiting message boards, I'm doing my best to educate myself and him about what is going to happen.  I do hope that it's not offensive or invasive of me to be posting here and asking questions.  If it is, please let me know and I will leave quietly.  I certainly don't want to cause anyone any discomfort.

Thank you.

Of course this site is for you too. I read your "Introduce yourself" post and I read you are his spouse so believe me you will learn to hate dialysis too.
It is very smart of you to research and I am glad you found this site. This site will be all you need to get the truth. We don't hold back here like other sites, we hold nothing back. You want the truth and the facts then you have come to the right place.

Again welcome to the site and hopefully you can get "Joe" to join as a member as well. For him it will be a great place to let out his frustrations. If Joe does want to post make sure he gets his own user name.

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 10:14:56 AM »

This is where we post the truth, so......  You tell Joe to get his head out of his ass and learn about his own disease.  It helps you to know, but don't enable him.  He needs to take charge of his own life with kidney disease. :-* 

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 01:18:27 PM »

This is where we post the truth, so......  You tell Joe to get his head out of his ass and learn about his own disease.  It helps you to know, but don't enable him.  He needs to take charge of his own life with kidney disease. :-* 

Good advice and straight to the point. Well said "Rerun".

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »