I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 12:30:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Spouses and Caregivers
| | |-+  xmas shopping
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: xmas shopping  (Read 9309 times)
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2011, 09:06:41 AM »

Looney I love my carding, I got into it about 3 years ago. I dont spend much except for paper, I get most of my things off the tinternet.I have adobe photoshop and that is amazing, I went to night school to learn how to use it. I down load pictures and verses. I made all my daughters wedding cards and they were lovely if I say so my self, I got a lot of praise for them. I will pm my address to you, you do the same and we will swap christmas cards. Mine are not fancy either.
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2011, 09:26:39 AM »

Good luck.
Haha! Thanks, I need it!  Books wise, the ten year old has probably read EVERYTHING going and is way above and beyond his years.  Diary of a Wimpy Kid has been a hit over here so he's probably read it and seen it and has the t-shirt.  However, the Origmai Yoda books look like fun ... I shall be popping into Amazon in a bit!  The six year old is partially blind, so that makes it a bit harder.  I would ask my SiL what they want but the last time I did that she told other people the same and the kids got double of everything ... completely clueless!

billybags, how was your shopping trip?  Was Father Christmas excited to see you?! 

;D

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2011, 01:12:04 PM »

Well Poppy it was a bloo** nightmare. I think every kid in Nottingham was out to see Santa. The que's were horrendous, bless her the granddaughter said that she was not queuing for hours and could she have the money, they dont miss a trick do theyshe also said that last year he did not listen to her. Wow I will have to have a word with the daughter.  After I sorted the Santa money out between my grandson and her, we went to W H Smith for a Diary of a Wimpy Kid it is really popular, I had to smile when I saw it in your post. I lost the grandson for about three quarters of an hour, he is 12 and just likes to do his own thing, so he got a rollicking when he finally came back, he had done his Christmas shopping. Off we went to MacDonald s and it was manic so there was no way I was going to push and shove in there. We ended up coming home and going to the local one. I bought a scarf for my husbands Xmas present, what can you buy a guy that has every thing, except a kidney, heart and lungs, you buy him a scarf. it is the same one that he uses now, but new, it is even the same color so I will have to change it. The wine has gone down a treat to-night. Oh the kids have got an inset day Friday and want to go back into the city. Do you think I should do it? Please say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2011, 01:44:24 PM »

Ooooh! Billybags.....your post reminds me of why I especially enjoy cyber shopping! I do NOT like crowds of people! Ugh!

So tonight I'm doing a bit of baking.  :2thumbsup;

And then maybe on to getting those cards started? Or not..... :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

I am taking my class to see the Nutcracker tomorrow. If that doesn't get me fully in the spirit, nothing will. One of my students is the toy maker's apprentice this year. What fun we will have watching her!

Just a few more hours until December! Weeeeeeeeeeee!

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2011, 03:36:00 PM »

Oh the kids have got an inset day Friday and want to go back into the city. Do you think I should do it? Please say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Nah, send them into school with a note requesting that as they lost a day because of the strike it's only fair that they get taught on Friday ... after all, inset is just an excuse to have a long leisurely lunch and sleep through a few PowerPoints! 

Of course you should take them back into the crowded city centre again ... don't be a meanie!

;D

Haha ... love that you bought hubby an exact replica of the scarf he already has; pay attention woman! 

I am taking my class to see the Nutcracker tomorrow. If that doesn't get me fully in the spirit, nothing will. One of my students is the toy maker's apprentice this year. What fun we will have watching her!
Awww, that's going to be magical and lovely!  Enjoy!

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »