I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 09:23:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Mixed Emotions
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mixed Emotions  (Read 1995 times)
raidym

« on: November 11, 2011, 03:24:28 PM »

Hey everyone hope you're all keeping well got a call this morning to tell me in their words I'm "2in the transplant pool ;D. Yes I'm happy with news. Happy I've built up the strength to eventually go on the list. But now my nerves are kicking in as my family and friends want to get tested and much as I thank them from the bottom of my heart and I do it makes me cry thinking anyone would do this for me. I dread who's gonna be a match as I don't want anyone to go through pain for me.  :'(. I'm usually upbeat and try to put a positive spin on things but I can't  :'( get to grips with this one. Just wondering does everyone feel the same wish I knew the proper way to feel and get over it :rofl; If only it would make life easy ::)

"Laugh or you might cry"
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 04:17:52 PM »

Firstly, Yay!!

:cheer:

Secondly,

I dread who's gonna be a match as I don't want anyone to go through pain for me.  :'(.
Nobody who wants to donate to you will make the decision lightly (I hope!) and any pain they suffer will be the best pain in the world because it's a pain that comes from loving and caring so much that they want to make a difference to you and your life.  Just don't let them read my most recent blog entry ... ha ha!

;D

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 07:06:15 PM »

But now my nerves are kicking in as my family and friends want to get tested and much as I thank them from the bottom of my heart and I do it makes me cry thinking anyone would do this for me. I dread who's gonna be a match as I don't want anyone to go through pain for me.  :'(.

If it makes you that uncomfortable to have a living donor, there is nothing that says you have to go this route.  You could easily tell your family and friends that you are grateful for their offer but do not wish to take them up on it; you can then just stay on the cadaveric list.

I've read posts from several other IHD members who have decided not to go the living donor route for the same reason that you have outlined.  In the end, we all have to live with the consequences of our decisions, and if you really think having a living donor will be too upsetting, then don't do it. :cuddle;

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Whamo
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 03:02:40 AM »

:Kit n Stik;   You should be happy people love you enough to give you a kidney.   
raidym

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 03:15:53 AM »

I'm feeling a bit better about it today and whamo I certainly am happy and very grateful :2thumbsup; to everyone who's getting tested. I have agreed with lots of persuasion to let people get tested and I agreed that once my nieces or anyone I remember as a baby doesn't get tested the rest can go ahead and get tested. I suppose it's keeping control a little bit but makes me feel a little bit better about things... Thanks for listening and replying...xxx

"Laugh or you might cry"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »