I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 11:29:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Hello, Fellow Dialysis Patients!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello, Fellow Dialysis Patients!  (Read 1540 times)
RenalSurvivorDotCA

10 Year Survivor

« on: October 29, 2011, 10:19:07 AM »

Been away from here for a while. It got quiet  here and so I stopped coming for a bit and then forgot altogether.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm excited as I am starting my home hemo training next week. I'll be using the Fresenuis "Baby K" machine (2008K@Home) Anyone else use this? Any comments/tips?

Other recent news for me...my graft clotted up and I had to get another chest cath. It hasn't worked well at all since I got it. My vascular nurse says it's because the cath is on left side and left side caths don't work as smooth as right side cuz they have two 90º bends where a right side cath has none. I've not had a KT/V higher than 1.10 since July.  But my doc says my URR clearance is good and not to put too much stock in a low KT/V.

Going to Florida in Dec. The unit I'm visiting charges $480 a treatment and my Medicare reimburses $475, so my out-of-pocket expense is $5 a treatment. A great deal!  :2thumbsup;  My unit will give me CathFlo to bring with so the U.S. unit won't charge me extra.

Will

Your life IS worth living. Fight for it!
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 10:28:19 AM »

Oh, hello!  Welcome back!  I know that Desert Dancer uses the Baby K; she does nocturnal home hemo.  I met up with her at our thing in Vegas, and she is doing spectacularly well on this modality, so maybe ask her your questions.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 10:55:53 AM »

Welcome back!  :2thumbsup;

I think Del uses the Baby K, too!

I think you are going to LOVE home hemo!  :clap;

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 12:23:09 PM »

oh wow.. only $475?  We're allowed $495.  The unit I go to in NYC only charges $400.

Where are you going in Florida? It would be some good info to have if I ever decide to go down there.

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »