I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2024, 02:35:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis - NxStage Users
| | |-+  Thank you NxStage
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thank you NxStage  (Read 3673 times)
lmunchkin
Elite Member

"There Is No Place Like Home!"

« on: October 15, 2011, 05:10:09 PM »

Thank you NxStage for allowing us to enjoy two fantastic weeks in PCB, Fla.  Everything went "Beautifully".  Not that I was anticipating any trouble! I will admit though, that getting the machine in & out of vehicle was a little problmatic, but I did have help!

It had been awhile since I used the hanging bags, but it went without a hitch! We didnt want to come back, but ran out of bags!  LOL

Again, thanks for this marvelous invention, so all can go and  enjoy their lives!

lmunchkin    :kickstart;

P.S. Thanks for the little "Tan" Im sporting too!

11/2004 Hubby diag. ESRD, Diabeties, Vascular Disease & High BP
12/2004 to 6/2009 Home PD
6/2009 Peritonitis , PD Cath removed
7/2009 Hemo Dialysis In-Center
2/2010 BKA rt leg & lt foot (all toes) amputated
6/2010 to present.  NxStage at home
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 06:49:35 PM »

Oh, wonderful!

Yes, It is wonderful to have the freedom to travel.  :2thumbsup;

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 07:04:01 PM »

gosh i was missing you and now to hear it's cause you were out having LIFE, wow, that really makes me happy  ;D  sure would be nice to get some  :pics; .  Im so envious of you all who really get the most of NxStage...  Hubby anxious to get going (once his hemoglobin gets back up) so now it's just me feeling brave enough to go  :shy;   I would love to hear all about it if ya get the notion  ;)   :cuddle; and welcome back.. :flower;

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
lmunchkin
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 07:39:08 PM »

gosh i was missing you and now to hear it's cause you were out having LIFE, wow, that really makes me happy  ;D  sure would be nice to get some  :pics; .  Im so envious of you all who really get the most of NxStage...  Hubby anxious to get going (once his hemoglobin gets back up) so now it's just me feeling brave enough to go  :shy;   I would love to hear all about it if ya get the notion  ;)   :cuddle; and welcome back.. :flower;

Boswife, it was nice and was really the first real get away that we had in years!  And I too was nervous about it!  Now that we did it, oh we plan on a few more get a ways! But the reality is I have got a job that depends on me other than my husband, so the "Fun" is over for now!  But I guess I'll just create more fun around the house, if you know what I mean.

Alot of these vacations cost money, and we are in short supply of that as of now.  So I will just work hard to save for the next one.  That is all we can do!

By the way, since we were such a long way from home, I dialysised him everyday while we were there.  I just didnt want to take chances on him getting sick or anything.  Thank goodness, he was watching his intakes (unlike me) I just did him 2.5 hrs.

I would send pix's but I don't know how on laptop, but I can send them via txt on my cell phone.  Im serious, Iam not a computer geek.  Far from it!

lmunchkin   :kickstart;

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 10:30:25 PM »

Oh, I'm so happy for you!  A change of scenery is particularly important to those of us stricken by illness.  Good for you for living life with NxStage; that's what it's all about.  Well done to you both!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
lmunchkin
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 08:39:10 PM »

Thanks MM.  The pix's of u guys in Las V. were great.  I know you guys had fun!  We thought about all of you, wondering how it all went down. Bet u wished it could have been longer, huh?  Maybe next year, we can all plan a get together on this side of the country!  LOL   My favorite pix so far is the hole lot of you acting "silly".  That is a keeper!

Yes NxStage really is a modern marvel.  So simple and portable.  It is like our pet, we take it everywhere!  It has to be fed, be taken out for potty and must get its rest!  We love it!  Just a member of the family that we have adopted!

lmunchkin   :kickstart;

vcarmody

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 09:47:19 PM »

MM I agree, I think it is important to travel.  lmunchkin, your so right about  having something on this side of the country for people like me who are afraid to fly  :rofl;    That is why I take so many cruises, I'm afraid to fly and having cruise ports right here in Jersey, NY and MD is great.  Although my husband has been trying to get me to fly to Vegas.  He also tempted me with a cruise in April that leaves from Tampa and returns to NY.  He keeps saying you only have to fly one way 2 hours tops, your up your down and then you get to see Aruba, Jamaica and Curacao, yup I'm still not ready for that.   :rofl;

Caregiver to husband Chris, NxStage 11-2009
lmunchkin
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 05:03:04 PM »

You must be my twin, cause I won't fly either!  I would not fly to our oldest daughters wedding in Boston, so I drove 2days before hand to meet my husband, daughter & groom who all flew on a plane!  I know sounds crazy, but I drive a motorcycle, but won't fly!!  I know, Im a little weird in my thinking!  I just want to be in control and not have to rely on others for my safety!

lmunchkin

:kickstart;

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »