I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:34:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Dialysis: Doctors
| | | |-+  Now what? Dr. Called
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Now what? Dr. Called  (Read 35625 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« on: January 22, 2007, 09:09:07 PM »

I had a phone call this afternoon as I am running out the door to go to dialysis.  It is my nephrologist.  Says to me: Have you had the results of the CT-scans?    I said: No, not yet.  HE says:  Wait a minute. I have to go over these with the radiologist.  I will call you back tomorrow!
WTF!!! Why bother calling me if you can't tell me the results? Holy sh**!  Just leave me hangng for a day or so.  I hate it when they do this to me! He says he will call tomorrow after two oclock.  We shall see, but this doctor is pretty good about calling back.  Why do they have to torture me so??  So now I get to worry for 24 hours or more.  *SIGH!* :banghead; :banghead;

EDITED: Moved Thread To Proper Topic; Doctors - Sluff, Moderator

« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 05:01:14 PM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
shay_pcb

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 10:15:20 PM »

That sux! Hopefully it's not too serious! I wish you luck!!  :cuddle;
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 10:19:35 PM »

When the Fuc*** calls tomorrow just say "would you mind holding for a moment?" and just put him on hold and leave.  Then just blame it on your memory!  That is horrible to do to someone!  I'm sorry Kit!

mallory

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 09:16:01 AM »

I'm sorry, Kitkatz.  That just sucks.  I hate the waiting myself, I feel like I have just about everything I can handle already and then you have to wait for something like this.  I hope everything is okay and I'll be praying for you!

Sometimes the light’s all shinin’ on me;
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it’s been.
                                  - Jerry Garcia
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 02:30:53 PM »

Sorry kitkatz, I'm praying all will be OK..hang in there!

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 05:37:42 PM »

Guess what? No friggin' phone call tonight either!  Damn it! :banghead; :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
shay_pcb

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 06:26:28 PM »

Maybe that just means that it's not that serious! I mean,they would call you immediately if it was something serious, right?
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 06:36:14 PM »

Kit--
Call him and have him paged. Tell him he scared the crap out of you.
I would call now, before it gets too late. I would say I waited by the
phone all afternoon. It's so RUDE to leave you hanging!!!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Nan

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 06:50:56 PM »

Boy .......they just don't get it ...do they ??? So sorry you have to be held in suspense, not fair. Doctors....why is it sooooo hard to find a good one?

No matter how your heart is grieving....as long as you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true!
Diagnosed with PKD in 1994
Started HEMO dialysis June 2006
Started Home Dialysis on cycler February 2007
Had Live donor transplant February 2008
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 08:57:54 PM »

:banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

Here - have one of these. . .  :wine;

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 09:57:56 PM »

I have a good doctor, he just got busy I am sure or could not track down a radiologist.  I am just venting my aggravation here or I was going to explode all over everywhere! I hate this crap! :banghead;

I believe I am going to have one of those :wine;  Maybe two :wine;!  Maybe even :beer1; :beer1;! Oops! over the fluid limit already!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 05:01:52 PM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

jedimaster

Stainboy is....alive!!!

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2007, 10:46:25 PM »

I would call him or email him...is so hard to wait like that  :grouphug;
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2007, 07:10:54 PM »

No phone call yet. Although the transplant coordinator says it is not important.  We shall see.

lifenotonthelist.com

livecam
Elite Member

World's Best Beach..Lanikai..Oahu, Hawaii

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2007, 07:02:17 PM »

Kit...if you have registered with Kaiser's website most test results are available online shortly after the samples are drawn.  Some take longer than others to come back but as they come in they are posted to the site.  You can also set the system up to send you email alerts as results come in.  It is a real blessing to be able to know what is happening without seeing the doctor or calling in. http://members.kaiserpermanente.org/kpweb/selectregion.do?gt=/kpweb/membershome/entrypage.do
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2007, 09:49:55 PM »

Thank you for the link. I registered and am waiting for my password to come in the mail!

lifenotonthelist.com

boxman55
Elite Member

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2007, 08:32:33 AM »

I hope your cat scan turns out OK I had mine and when I called to check they said they wouldn't be putting me on the list just yet because the surgeon wants to discuss the results with me. The nurse said that it showed some sort of calcium build up and the Docter wants to feel around. So know I get to wait till the 13th of Feb to discuss it :banghead; :banghead; :wine; :wine;  Boxman55

"Be the change you wished to be"
Started Hemodialysis 8/14/06
Lost lower right leg 5/16/08 due to Diabetes
Sister was denied donation to me for medical reasons 1/2008
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2007, 08:55:09 PM »

Okay, so today I get a message on the phone in my classroom from my nephrologist. "Come by my office you do not need to check in, I need to talk to you."  So I call the dialysis center to let them know why I am going to be late this afternoon. The doc wants to see me.  So I head out to Kaiser a two oclock today and get to his office.  I am taken by the doctor into his office and he closes the door.  "Uh oh."  I think.  He then tells me he wants me to know they found a tissue mass between my sacrum and the rectum.  He wants to send me to a surgeon to get it biopsied or looked at.  I hate all of this crap! Then I spoke the the transplant coordinator and she says the urology consult will be done and this has to be checked out before they send me back to Loma Linda  She sent the paperwork to the urologist.  Maybe this is why they could not catheterize me for one of the xray tests I had done.   :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 05:03:12 PM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2007, 09:00:12 PM »

You have a urostomy why would they catheterize you anyway? 

Don't worry until you have to.  Just go get this test out of the way.

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2007, 09:01:25 PM »

Okay, so today I get a message on the phone in my classroom from my nephrologist. "Come by my office you do not need to check in, I need to talk to you."  So I call the dialysis center to let them know why I am going to be late this afternoon. The doc wants to see me.  So I head out to Kaiser a two oclock today and get to his office.  I am taken by the doctor into his offce and he closes the door.  "Uh oh."  I think.  He then tells me he wants me to know they found a tissue mass between my sacrum and the rectum.  He wants to send me to a surgeon to get it biopsied or looked at.  I hate all of this crap! Then I spoke the the transplant coordinator and she says the urology consult will be done and this has to be checked out before they send me back to Loma Linda  She sent the paperwork to the urologist.  Maybe this is why they could not catheterize me for one fo the xray tests I had done.   :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

Geez I hope they get to the bottom of this stuff so you can move forward.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2007, 06:35:11 AM »

Me too, literally! :2thumbsup;

lifenotonthelist.com

Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2007, 06:42:29 AM »

Geez I hope they get to the bottom of this stuff so you can move forward.

Mr. Sensitive!     :waving;

Black
Elite Member

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2007, 06:57:44 AM »

...  He wants to send me to a surgeon to get it biopsied or looked at. ...

*&%$#^&!!  >:(  Enough already!!

So, when are they going to do that?  I know I would hate the waiting, so I hope you get it done soon!   :cuddle;

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2007, 04:22:34 PM »

They were trying to see if I had any bladder left to use again.  It has been fun and frustrating! (Sarcasm goes here!) Holy Hell!  I am going to rant and rave and swear up a storm over the next few weeks.  Bear with me!

Sluff, you made me laugh! Thanks! :rofl; :banghead;
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 04:44:08 PM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2007, 06:19:53 PM »

It wasn't intentional, but I'm glad I made you laugh. ;)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2007, 07:46:09 PM »

I figured it was not intentional but it had me cracking up.  Get this behind you....Hahahahahaha!

lifenotonthelist.com

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »