I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:14:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  HO HO HO 2011 Holiday Gift Exchange (Secret Santa)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HO HO HO 2011 Holiday Gift Exchange (Secret Santa)  (Read 144212 times)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2011, 01:46:05 PM »

I PMed you yesterday.

Got you~           :waving;

willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2011, 03:59:46 PM »

YES! YES! YES!

:thx;

A PM is on the way!  :yahoo;

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
Wenchie58
Elite Member

Always carrying the big silly grin!

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2011, 07:51:34 PM »

Oh My COW!  I came back just in the snitch of time!  :shy;

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says "Oh s**t, she's awake!"

Right nephrectomy 1963
Diagnosed ESRD 2007
"Listed" summer 2007
Transplant 3/6 match  10/24/08
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2011, 07:58:49 PM »

Count me in... incoming PM Rerun!!

I had a blast with this last year.  Thanks Kitkatz for organizing things last year, and Thanks Rerun for picking up the ball and running with it this year

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2011, 05:28:35 PM »

ohy my gracious.......... don't forget to include me..............on my way to pm you right now! thanks for doing this, this year!!

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2011, 07:02:26 PM »

OMG Wenchie  :bandance; :bandance; welcome back chicka!!!!!!

Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2011, 08:41:14 PM »

Of course we are in (Bajanne and lilBajanne)!!!  Can't PM yet.  I am getting the address of a friend in next door US Virgin Islands so that for anyone sending from the US, it will be domestic mail.  Last time the friend whose address I used went away to Trinidad and we didn't get them until January!!
I (we) have never been disappointed with the gifts we received!!!
BUT WE ARE IN!!!
Anyone who gets Lilbajanne, remember that she collects shot glasses.  She has a marvellous collection and is always glad to add to it.  (my oldest sister went to Finland this year and a cousin to Alaska and she got those shotglasses!)

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2011, 09:18:19 AM »

I like socks.  I'm in desperate need of the footy kind (size 8 womens).  I have 2 little dogs that love treats.  I LOVE office supplies of any kinds like sticky notes or pens or pencils.  I would like no snow this year.  Rain is okay but not freezing rain.

Come on you guys list your likes to help your future SANTA out.      :santahat; 

thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2011, 09:26:41 AM »

likes and dislikes...hmmmmm.....candles, tea, dark (the darker the better) chocolate, fat pens, tea pots and tea for one sets, anything from your part of the country or world, teddy bears, the color purple. and apparently run on sentances!

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
CebuShan
Elite Member

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2011, 11:04:22 AM »

likes and dislikes...hmmmmm.....candles, tea, dark (the darker the better) chocolate, fat pens, tea pots and tea for one sets, anything from your part of the country or world, teddy bears, the color purple. and apparently run on sentances!

:clap;    :rofl;  That is great! It is so much like me, I had to check to make sure I hadn't signed in under another name!

I love Purple (my husband and I were both born in Feb and married in Feb!), candles that I can burn, kitchen gadgets of all kinds (especially if they are unique to your area), coffee & fancy tea cups (I usually get mine at yard sales or thrift stores. Yes, I use them). Tea for one sets, teddy bears, and magnets from your area. I have a cat & a dog and it is usually so hectic at my house that noisy toys are fine!  :lol;
 I'm not a pen person but my husband is! If we ever get a chance to meet, hang on to your pens or they will end up in his pocket! For his 50th, I arranged a party at our Church and asked everyone to bring a pen. He was thrilled!!
Can't think of any thing else right now!   :lol; 

:thx;   :santahat;

Think GOD doesn't have a sense of humor?
HE created marriage and children.
Think about it! LOL!
pureserenity

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2011, 12:02:55 PM »

Ive PM'd you Rerun, Hope i can be included with being a newbie! :flower; x

IgA Nepropathy  - May 2010
In-centre Hemodialysis - July 2011
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2011, 08:00:11 PM »

I'll have to think about my likes.. I have far too many.. *LOL*

This list will most likely be added to up until, well, Christmas. *L*

Stuffed animals
Candy
Candles
Odd (but inexpensive) gadgets.  Last year, GothicLoveMonkey sent me a fan that you can broadcast messages with the blades.  It needs batteries.. *LOL*
trinkets or oddities from your area
postcards, books (I like YA or vampire books)
Music.. I love local up and coming, doesn't really matter the genre

And, if my SS is in the US, I'll take anything from the Daily Show or Colbert Report section of the Comedy Central store, as they will not ship to Canada. psst... Stephen unveiled a set of stamps tonight....
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 09:18:52 PM by Riki » Logged

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
macgoose

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2011, 08:36:01 PM »

Have less than 50 psts,but would love to be a part of the holiday gift exchange.  Greetings from Kansas
pinky_22

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2011, 10:29:29 PM »

I'm also a noob and would love to participate in all the fun. Please let me know and I will PM my details.
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2011, 09:21:10 AM »

Too much trouble with newbies not following through.  So, if you can get 30 posts in by October 20, 2011 we will let you in. 

But you have to get back to me on October 20, 2011 on your progress because I can't keep track of all that and this too.

So, if you have your posts in.... 30......  contact me.  I know it was 50 posts but if you can make 30 you are committed to the project.

Thank you...... the Admins and The Mean Santa   :snowman;

Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2011, 10:24:02 AM »

Come on, Newbies....

Get those posts up... You can't miss out on the infamous IHD Secret Santa....

Good to see you, Wenchie!....

Love...

Darth....

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2011, 10:30:12 AM »

Wenchie!!  You've been missed.   :cuddle;

Likes:   I'm easy; things related to Paris ---- notepads, little frames, anything about or relating to Paris.
           I also have a huge Maine Coon cat that I adore.    And I like things from your area.

Macgoose and Pinky_22 -- start posting!  We want you to beable to join the exchange.  And we want to get to know you more.  There are days that I can post 25 and still have things I want to say or ask.  I'll be watching!!  LOL    :rofl;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2011, 05:36:49 PM »

I'm easy (I think). No smelly stuff please!!  I would love things from the local area. T shirt size L in ladies.  I enjoy gardening, reading, tea. 
Hubby also likes stuff from where you live.  His t shirt size is M in men's but he is tall.  He also likes baseball caps.  He likes carpentry, outdoor stuff, a food unique to where you live.  He wants to collect flags from different parts of the world so a local flag would be nice as well.
Can't wait to find out whose name I have and start buying!!!

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2011, 06:19:37 PM »

I'm easy....or hard!  :rofl; :rofl;

Not picky at all, but I'm allergic to some fragrances so it's best to avoid things that smell good. Send something that smells bad instead.  :rofl;

Love t-shirts, especially local ones. (I get scads of compliments on a very cool Route 66 t-shirt from California!)

I don't really collect anything, in fact, I'm not really into "stuff" except paper. I LOVE interesting paper and I use it to make cards. I can hardly wait to go shopping!

:santahat;

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2011, 06:43:26 PM »

I told about Lilbajanne's shot glasses, but not about what I like.  I particularly like things from your neck of the woods.  If you send a t-shirt it should be 1X or 2X. Favourite colour is purple (well, more lilac)

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
CebuShan
Elite Member

« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2011, 07:47:46 AM »

So far there are 2 people that I know exactly what to get for them! Please, keep posting your likes and dislikes! I love to window shop so I have a pretty good idea of what my local stores have. I did forget to mention that I love anything handmade (especially Christmas items).

Think GOD doesn't have a sense of humor?
HE created marriage and children.
Think about it! LOL!
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2011, 08:51:56 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yippie!!!!!!...

Yes please, Rerun... Mum and I are in!!!!.....

As Mum's taking part... I'll start with her!....

1.) What is your favorite dessert? Ice cream, Cookies, Sweet things of any description.... Loves nice cookies, too...

2.) What are some of your favorite hobbies?... Reading, loves biographies, TV (HUGE Judge Judy fan!), Fancies Judge Joe Brown... I won't tell you what she says she'd like to do with him, suffice to say, it involves getting him drunk and taking advantage of him! ...,  Current Affairs, Politics... Drinking a few alcoholic beverages, or it used to be.... Can't seem to deal with booze lately though.... Would get drunk on a small packet of winegums.... Does like a little tipple of Baileys or similar, though!... Doesn't like sport of any description...

3.) What colors do you like?... Pink, Red, Yellow, Green, Orange....

4.) What is your favorite candy?... Absolutely, positively LOVES Jelly Beans (by the truckload!), Fruit flavoured sweets, Mints... And because her bloods are so good, the dietitian says she can have a 'little of whatever she fancies'... Think the dietitian meant food wise inc. chocolate, but Mum says she fancies something male, tall, dark, handsome, rich, and available... Any offers???... If anyone's offering, can you send me his brother, please???....  :rofl;

5.) Do you collect anything?...  Nephrologists!!!!... Wrinkles!!!...   ... Really likes Silverback Gorillas... Did I mention her taste in husbands???...  :rofl; ....

6.) What is your style?... Conservative, but loves sparkley, blingy broaches, pins etc to 'brighten things up a bit'....

7.) Allergic to anything?... MEN... Just kidding Lads... Mum loves men... She says that she couldn't eat a whole one, though!!!!!!.....    :rofl;

8.) If t-shirt or sweatshirt is ok - give size.... Yes please... Sweatshirt if possible... Always too cold to wear t-shirts (this is Ireland!)...  Large, or if close fitting, X Large... PD makes her look pregnant!... She says IHD stuff would be VERY much appreciated!... While she doesn't come online, she keeps very much in touch with what's going on through me!...

9.) Would you like a local item from your SS's home town?... Yes, please...

10.) Anything else your SS should know?.... Powered Wheelchair user,  Widowed (Open to offers... Careful Lads, Mum's buried two husbands!) Anybody brave enough to offer to be number three???... Gentlemen, shall I take your running to the hills screaming as a 'No' then???....    ... Likes smellies, perfume, shower gels, etc... No bath things, please... We just have a roll in shower... Always has dry skin, so loves moisturising creams...  Likes picture frames, and small mirrors (Hangbag ALWAYS has a small mirror)... Goes through Pill boxes like nobody's business... Seems to wear them out.. That's what she says anyway... Personally I think she's eating them along with the Renagel she carries in them!... She's ALWAYS cold....Cold hands and feet... LIVES in warm fleece jackets, and soft rugs while sitting... Always checking her bag  for gloves, and I'm always buying warm socks etc..... Oh, and we have a Juvenile Deliquent, otherwise known as a small dog called Dougal... Mum adores her 'Little Man'!.... Wary of candles... Bit of a fire hazzard where there are people with disability... Oh and Mum has a wicked sense of humour, and is not averse to things that are a bit risque (You should see what her toothbrush is shaped as!)... Now you all know where I get my quiet, shy, retiring, nature from!... ... Oh and Mum loves Christmas things... We have several of those reindeer, turkey Christmas Ornaments, etc that 'sing'... Sing, that's a questionable description!!!... Does anybody else have to suffer those blasted things???....

Now me.....

1.) What is your favorite dessert?...Ice cream, Cookies, Cheesecake... (LOTS of cheesecake and fruit!!!!!).... I LOVE Strawberry licquorice, Aniseed flavoured anything......

2.) What are some of your favorite hobbies?... Volunteering, Reading, (LOVE True Crime, and humour!), Listening to music, particularly Ronan Tynan, Love Star Trek, and Star Trek, The next Generation (Oh I fancy Jean-Luc Picard... I'd stir HIS Earl Grey, anytime!), and I absolutely love the first trilogy of Star Wars films... LOVE Darthvadar... He's not a bad lad, really... Just got into bad company!... Well, if his mother's Irish, that's what she'll say anyway!!!... Am a bit of a TV fan... Favourite shows, Mythbusters, Deadliest Catch, and news programmes...

3.) What colors do you like?... Like green, yellow, purple, blue... I HATE pink with a passion!!!!!!.... YUCK!!!!... Mum used to dress me like a flipping Christmas Tree in pink when I was a kid... Pink shoes, and hair ribbons the size of a small house... Remember the bows Shirly Temple had???... You get the picture!... Honestly, she should have just thrown the set of Fairy Lights onto me, plugged it in, and had done with it!!!....  Now I won't even wear pink foundation garments... Nightmare... Pink is Satan's own creation!!.... Traumatised???... You bet I am!...

4.) What is your favorite candy?...  Any strong flavours, fruit, clove, aniseed, mint, liquorice, etc.... LOVE chocolate, but having a nut allergy, there aren't many types of chocolate I can eat (Check the pack for allergy advice!)... Marshmallows...

5.) Do you collect anything?... Elephants... Particularly ornaments, but just about everything elephant.. If it has tusks and a trunk, I love it...

6.) What is your style?... Conservative, but love sparkley broches and pins...

7.) Allergic to anything?... NUTS!!!... Severe allergy... There are about twenty Anapen (adreneline) injections dotted around the house!...

8.) If t-shirt or sweatshirt is ok - give size:... Sweatshirt please... Extra Large, please... Love my comfort!... I would also love IHD stuff (Got to keep up with the mum)... If she looks cool, I'd like to as well!... Just because it's not me who's in ESKF doesn't mean I like D any more than she does!....

9.) Would you like a local item from your SS's home town?... Yes please (Particularly if that 'item' is male, tall, dark, handsome, rich, available, with one foot in the grave, and the other one on a bar of soap!)... ... No???.. Oh well, no harm in trying, and a girl can dream!... If I'm on  the shelf for much longer, besides needing a Dust Sheet, my butt will have woodworm!!.... Bring it on!....

10.) Anything else your SS should know?... Powered Wheelchair user, Carer to my mum,... Love nice smellies... Wary of candles (scared of fire!)... Picture frames are nice, too... Like Christmas ornaments... I am joint owner to the little hooligan, otherwise known as a little dog called Dougal... Great little chap (Much as I hate to admit it!)... Write a lot of letters, so nice pens are popular... Dreadful memory due to high doses of steroids, so diaries and calenders are great... Like mirrors too... In fact, I know I'll love anything given with a loving heart (apart from nuts, that is)... I'll take a gift of a Snickers bar as a murder attempt!... Mum would take it as assistance and would probably share the Life Assurance payout!....    :rofl;

Oooooh Boy... I'm getting SO excited about this already!!!!!.... It's only 99 days till Christmas!...

Love to all...

Darth...

« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 12:44:23 PM by Darthvadar » Logged

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2011, 09:16:53 AM »

This is what I posted last year, with minor amendments (it would have been quicker for me to just re-think it than search for it, but nonetheless ...):

I hate Hate HATE cinnamon.

But I do LOVE Peeps (and Twinkies!).  We can't get them this side of the pond.

I'm also partial to objects which are silver/pink or sparkle.

I also like kitsch-y objects. Oh, and I collect perfume bottles (old, new, small, big ...)

Other than that, I'm easy.  Mumsy says I'm the easiest person to buy presents for because I'm always so happy with anything that I'm given, even things like teatowels.  Easily pleased, me.

;D

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2011, 12:04:50 PM »

darth:   whats it shaped like, and where did she get it??????????? lol
quote (You should see what her toothbrush is shaped as!).

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
TX listed 8/1/11 inactive
LISTED ACTIVE! 11/14/11 !!!
Cordelia
Elite Member

« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2011, 12:34:37 PM »

I messaged Rerun with my address, but I haven't heard anything back.    ???

Diagnosed with Polycystic Kidney Disease at age 19.
Renal Failure at age 38 (2010) came about 2 hrs close to dying. Central line put in an emergency.
Began dialysis on Aug 15, 2010.
Creatine @ time of dialysis: 27. I almost died.
History of High Blood Pressure
I have Neuropathy and Plantar Fasciitis in My Feet
AV Fistula created in Nov. 2011, still buzzing well!
Transplanted in April, 2013. My husband and I participated in the Living Donor paired exchange program. I nicknamed my kidney "April"
Married 18 yrs,  Mom to 3 kids to twin daughters (One that has PKD)  and a high-functioning Autistic son
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »