I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:58:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  3 questions:
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3 questions:  (Read 4695 times)
texasstyle
Elite Member

« on: September 04, 2011, 04:35:53 PM »

how did you feel today? Did you do anything special? Is today an"optimistic" or "pesimistic" day?   For me: feel very good but a little tired. Up late last night.Touch of arthritis in my legs but not too bad. Went grocery shopping and to wal-mart. Played with my dog, played my guitar at the park for 5 hours. Yes, 5 that's right lol.  Spend time in my garden cleaning more of the hurricane debirs out. Today is optimistic. Like is ok  right now and that is a good thing.

caregiver to husband using in-center dialysis 4 years
lmunchkin
Elite Member

"There Is No Place Like Home!"

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 05:01:32 PM »

I feel great!  Didnt do anything out of ordinary!  Id have to say today has been an optimistic day, especially hearing of Tyfly's news!

Yea, TS, I'd have to say Im blessed!

lmunchkin    :kickstart;

11/2004 Hubby diag. ESRD, Diabeties, Vascular Disease & High BP
12/2004 to 6/2009 Home PD
6/2009 Peritonitis , PD Cath removed
7/2009 Hemo Dialysis In-Center
2/2010 BKA rt leg & lt foot (all toes) amputated
6/2010 to present.  NxStage at home
YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 05:06:54 PM »

Instead of today I will tell you about my weekend.  Friday night is football practice for my youngest son.  He was also invited to a close friend's birthday party.  I dropped him off at the party at 4:30.  I picked him up from the party at 6:45 and went to his practice which ended just after 9:00.  He then went back to the party.  I picked him up at 11:00 and went home. 
Saturday I brought (well, dragged) my little guy to Kohl's to get a new outfit for the first day of school.  He then had a football game about a half hour away.  I am the Player Administrator for the team so i stand the whole game.  He won 28-8.  After the game the team went for pizza until after 11.  When we got home we stayed up to midnight to wish my oldest son happy birthday as he turned 20. 
This morning I woke the kids at 7:30 to go to the 8am Mass.  I told them there was a pancake breakfast after Mass but was wrong as that is next week.  Ooops!  I then went and got Philly cheeses steaks for lunch as that is my oldest son's favorite.  Meanwhile, my son wanted us to make an ice cream cake for his birthday.  It is a 2 day process.  I'll let you know how that turns out another time.  For dinner my son wants to go to Lucille's BBQ.  His absolutely favorite restaurant.  Later tonight I will go to a buddies house for a beer as he is having a party.
My son's football team always has football practice on Labor Day.  It is scheduled for 9am.  I switched my dialysis from 9:20 to 5:45.  A friend is picking up my daughter and son to bring them to the football field.  I will get there around 9:30.  After practice the team and their families cook hot dogs and hamburgers and watch film of their games on a big screen TV on the side of an RV that one of the families always brings.  I will then go home and pass out until Tuesday morning when my little guy starts 8th grade.
 :P
YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 05:07:25 PM »

How do I feel....tired!
texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 06:28:46 PM »

I'm glad you both are feeling good. That is always great to hear. YL, you don't have any time to even think! lol  Wow, you sure keep busy and that is good, just go easy on yourself when need be.  2 days to make a cake? gee that must be some project. And probably a yummy one too.  I 'm seeing something about tyfly getting the call. i have to go venture and see if Ican find the thread. One more day of the last weekend for summmer. Booooo....

jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 07:32:37 PM »

how did you feel today?
Queasy.  Drove up to my sister's lakeside cottage and had lunch with her, BIL, and their friends.  Something did not agree with me, and the gastroparesis kicked it.  It hasn't bothered me in weeks, so I didn't have any reglan with me.  Took some ASAP when I got home, but not sure if lunch will be making a return visit yet tonight or not.
Did you do anything special?
Other than driving in holiday traffic?  Wait, that's not special, that's just stupid!  Okay, I did finally met the guy Sis and BIL keep trying to introduce me to.  Somewhere along the way, they have turned into matchmakers, which is a trend I could do without. On the other hand - it's done, so they can stop getting hyper about it.
 Is today an"optimistic" or "pessimistic" day?
Pessimistic.  After all the hype from my two Yentes - the only sparks flying were coming from the green wood in the bonfire.

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 07:40:43 AM »

well jbeany, first I hope you are feeling better.Around my parts my friends/neighbors haven't been feeling well so I think there is a bug going around. Sometimes a drive can be special. I have ones that were taking forever, and ones where we laughed the whole way through. So... how did the like the gut you were introduced to? Hmm.... inquiring minds want to know! lol  (you don't really have to say if you dont want to). Now from my perspective, a lakeside cottage sounds so wonderful. Splendid in fact! I don't use that word but it seemed to fit. I'm imaging it in mind. Ivy down the sides of the cottage, waterlillies in the lake. Hope you feel better today. If you do, I'm sure you will somewhat on the optimistic side again.

jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 01:14:00 PM »

The reglan finally worked with a double dose, so at least that went well.  I do feel better today.

My thoughts on my forced blind date..."Meh."  As far as I could tell, we have very little in common - no hobbies, interests, taste in music, or favorite ways to spend free time.  I'm setting the bar higher than "We're both single."

There are lots of water lilies, but not much ivy - the cottage is a work in progress.  This is only the first full summer Sis has had it, and it was a year-round residence for a tech-obsessed old man.  Now that she's gotten rid of the dozens of security cameras and monitors (Literally nothing bigger than a chipmunk could get near the place without being visible on the security monitors in every room.), the miles of tv, computer, and phone cables, and the 5 satellite dishes, it's getting much cozier!  (Can you say "paranoid much?")  It still needs some work, but it's got lots of potential, and it's great fun for those who love to fish and sit by the bonfire all weekend. 

The only thing special I plan to do today is homework.

I'd be more optimistic today if I didn't have a dentist appt. tomorrow!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 01:47:18 PM »

glad the regs helping some. Maybe you have a bug. Or maybe meeting that kinda boring(?) man made you feel not so hot. Haaaa... Oh, there's pleanty more and you end up meeting them in the weirdest places. And usually when you're not looking your best either lol. The cottage sounds like it will be fun to work on.  About the cameras, I'f I lived there, I'd be afraid at what they'd be catching ME doing lol.

CebuShan
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 12:00:49 PM »

How do I feel? I feel pretty good. My arm is a little sore but it always is after D.
Anything special? Yes! I got all the DVDs back where they belong! I am a little OCD about keeping our DVD collection in alphabetical order. (With 15 pages worth of movies, it just makes it easier to find) My husband has a bad habit of taking some in the bedroom and never bringing them out again. I finally put a small DVD holder on top of one of the cabinets so he brings them out and puts them up there & I put them away.
So I guess this would be a bit of an optimistic day.   :yahoo;

Think GOD doesn't have a sense of humor?
HE created marriage and children.
Think about it! LOL!
gkcoley

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 02:30:36 PM »

Not feeling great, think flu shot made me sick this year.  I wrote a few poems, so that makes me happy and everyday is pessimistic for me

There's No Smile Of An Angel Without The Wrath Of God
texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 04:09:37 PM »

Cebu, OMG, you are the world's only DVD Libraian! lol  Yes, withthat many dvd's or cd's, you just have to keep them in order. I'm a little OCD myself. I like everything in it's order and I don't like thngs all cluttered up. Hate that lol  G, awww I hope you feel better tomorrow. the cold rainis making me feeling a little yuckky, but not in an ill way. It's darkrning now and I want under a nice warm blankie lol  Did you put up a link to your poems? Do you have them on a website? Sweetie, thereis no need for pesimism EVERDAY.  Now would be life getting to you, instead of YOU  control ing life. Oh yeah, there'll be crappy days butthere are great days too. Do you laugh everyday? Sometimes I crack my ownself up even when know one else is around lol.  I'm gonna try to make tomorrow an optimistic day for you so I'l be checking in!!!!  *hugs*

Lillupie

wedding 12-10-11

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 05:24:56 PM »

Today was a decent day. So much to do and little time. I took my mom to work, Dialysis came with my supplies. And they didnt know when my supplies were going to come in, so I really couldnt leave the house at all today. That sucked, so I cleaned up the house. So, im glad I got that accomplished.

Check out my Facebook profile for CKD "Help Lisa Spread Awareness for Kidney Disease"

It is my utmost dream and desire to reach out to other kidney patients for them to know that they are not alone in this, also to reach out to those who one day have to go on dialysis though my book i am writing!

dx with lupus nephritis 5/99'
daughter born 11/2005
stage IV CKD 11/2005-6/2007
8/2007- PD cathater inserted
9/2007- revision of PD Cathater
10/2007 started PD
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 09:56:07 PM »

how did you feel today?  Normal, but a little tired.  Last night was the first night in a week that I slept longer than 2 or 3 hours

Did you do anything special?  Nope

Is today an"optimistic" or "pesimistic" day?  I was in a good mood, so I'll say optimistic.  I tend to feel good with a warm kitty cat sitting next to me on the bed

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2011, 04:51:36 AM »

2 more optimistic replies, yeah!   Helps to show that with all the "bad" days, even as a caregiver, we still have great ones. Even the so-so days should be considered great ones. Myself optimistic today already. My daughter woke me up at 3 am to ask if I still was awake which I was and came into the bed with me. We talked and laughed until 5 am.There must have been something in the water yesterday lol.

CebuShan
Elite Member

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2011, 08:08:56 AM »

how did you feel today?  Normal, but a little tired.  Last night was the first night in a week that I slept longer than 2 or 3 hours

Hey, that's good to hear! I have trouble most of the time, too. Maybe we should IM on those nights!   :rofl;

Think about it! LOL!
texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 12:28:58 PM »

How do I feel today? EXHASTED from sand bagging. The river keeps going over and I can't wait for all this to stop. Each bag weighs 70 lbs. I'm going to Popeye biceps soon lol.

Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 01:52:41 PM »

How did you feel today?  Clever.  Content.  Thinner.  Then fatter.  Proud.

Did you do anything special? I met a good friend for lunch and we enjoyed a mega-gossip (and I'm not really one to gossip, but it was fun!)

Optimistic or pessimistic today?  Hmmm, I'm a pessimistic person by nature, but today was fairly optimistic.  Normal service will probably be resumed tomorrow.

;D

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2011, 09:33:07 PM »

how did you feel today? Tired..

Did you do anything special? nope, not a thing

Is today an"optimistic" or "pesimistic" day? Today was a dialysis day, so it could be a bit of both. I was more fidgety today than I normally am

One of my favorite nurses was taking my needles out.  While she was taking off the tape, she was singing the Meow Mix jingle (in case you're wondering, or are too young. *L* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JuVHCJVYf4 )

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
CebuShan
Elite Member

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2011, 12:29:36 PM »

Today I am: tired. Always tired after dialysis.
Anything special: Not yet. I have 2 store evals to do later.
Optimistic or Pessimistic: Optimistic. D ran well, got my flu shot and my dog & cat love me!    :guitar:

Think about it! LOL!
Wenchie58
Elite Member

Always carrying the big silly grin!

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2011, 07:41:15 PM »

Today I am exhausted.

My special activity for today was to haul a truckload of supplies to a town south of me that has been devestated by flooding.  I collected supplies all week at work.

Today is Optimistic....as ALL my days are.  I feel I have done my small part to save the world or at least my small corner of it.

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says "Oh s**t, she's awake!"

Right nephrectomy 1963
Diagnosed ESRD 2007
"Listed" summer 2007
Transplant 3/6 match  10/24/08
texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2011, 06:18:44 PM »

OK, so tomorrow is the beginning of a new week. I am going to try to make it as productive as possible. At then end of the week I will tell it turned out. Part of my plan is not only physical, but mental as well. I feel extremely dragged down lately.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »