I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2024, 02:45:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  New Video series from IKAN
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Video series from IKAN  (Read 1820 times)
Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« on: August 04, 2011, 08:38:56 PM »

Check out this video series and let me know what you think. They're from the Increasing Kidney Awareness Network (IKAN) project. Dr Bessie Young is leading this project. I think they're pretty good. What do you all think? What's missing?

http://www.youtube.com/ikankidney

http://www.billpeckham.com  "Dialysis from the sharp end of the needle" tracking  industry news and trends - in advocacy, reimbursement, politics and the provision of dialysis
Incenter Hemodialysis: 1990 - 2001
Home Hemodialysis: 2001 - Present
NxStage System One Cycler 2007 - Present
        * 4 to 6 days a week 30 Liters (using PureFlow) @ ~250 Qb ~ 8 hour per treatment FF~28
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 09:31:08 PM »

Just watched the whole thing with it keeping my undevided atention.  Sure gives a good view of what its all about and i appreciate your sharing with us.  I hope all here take the time to watch.  This should get a 'sticky' so it's easily accessable espacially to the newbies who come here not knowing at all what to expect.  Thanks, and always good to 'see' ya :) 

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 10:26:33 PM »

Just watched the whole thing with it keeping my undevided atention.  Sure gives a good view of what its all about and i appreciate your sharing with us.  I hope all here take the time to watch.  This should get a 'sticky' so it's easily accessable espacially to the newbies who come here not knowing at all what to expect.  Thanks, and always good to 'see' ya :)

Thanks boswife. These are a work In progress. They're going to get even better! There isn't any graphics or animation yet so if some of the cuts seemed too quick or thoughts were not developed that will come 'soon' but this is a preview.

I'm really excited to see what the animation looks like - I think they're animating an explanation of how solutes are drawn through the three fluid compartments and that dialysis filters the fluid in your body - that kidneys (biologic and otherwise) filter the blood as a way to accomplish this bigger job: cleaning the fluid inside the cells.

http://www.billpeckham.com  "Dialysis from the sharp end of the needle" tracking  industry news and trends - in advocacy, reimbursement, politics and the provision of dialysis
Incenter Hemodialysis: 1990 - 2001
Home Hemodialysis: 2001 - Present
NxStage System One Cycler 2007 - Present
        * 4 to 6 days a week 30 Liters (using PureFlow) @ ~250 Qb ~ 8 hour per treatment FF~28
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »