I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2024, 11:22:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Spouses and Caregivers
| | |-+  Will someone talk to me? Pleease?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will someone talk to me? Pleease?  (Read 66385 times)
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #250 on: April 01, 2011, 02:00:02 PM »

Oh, someone have that fool committed.  Please!   :rofl;

3 weeks left of classes and then I'm done for the semester.   :bandance;  Not that I still don't have to study for my professional certification test, make up a resume, and find an internship, and, oh yeah, have surgery this summer - but at least I won't have homework for a while!!!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

looneytunes
Elite Member

Wishin' I was Fishin'

« Reply #251 on: April 01, 2011, 07:23:06 PM »

Early congrats to you JBeany but it sure sounds like a busy summer for you! 

"The key to being patient is having something to do in the meantime" AU
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #252 on: April 01, 2011, 07:29:04 PM »

A new theme song for Jbeany....sung to the tune of All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth...

:guitar:  (sung lovingly)

All she wants this summer is a belly button! :rofl;  :pray;

Jbeany, I know you have been barely keeping your head above water with all your studies, but from where I'm watching, it really is inspiring!  :clap; :cheer:

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #253 on: April 01, 2011, 07:55:54 PM »

Yes, please, a belly button!  Only can I have it for 4th of July instead of Christmas? And something that vaguely resembles a waistline again - I am the oddest shape right now with all the skin shifted to either side of my abdomen around the giant egg shaped opening where my intestines are pushing the skin graft out past the height of my skin on either side.   

I'm getting all A's right now, and I just have to keep it up a little bit longer......with only 10 classes to take to get this certificate, I really, really need to keep that up - I've got enough marks against me when I apply for a job without adding anything less than a 4 point GPA to my resume!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

willowtreewren
Member for Life

« Reply #254 on: April 01, 2011, 08:00:02 PM »

Jbeany,

I want you to remember that TRUE beauty comes from within....

:flower;

It comes from our efforts and our character. You got it, gal, belly button or not!  :cuddle;

Aleta

del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #255 on: April 02, 2011, 11:37:23 AM »

So true Aleta!!  We had about 20 cm of snow again last night!!!   :thumbdown;Melting fairly quickly today though. It's +5 celcius now!!  I really wish spring would show its nose around here!!  I want to see flowers blooming!!  :flower; :flower;

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
Sugarlump
Elite Member

10 years on and off dialysis

« Reply #256 on: April 02, 2011, 12:08:29 PM »

Some snow would be good right now.
Very hot and sticky tonight 16 dgrees in April @ 8pm unusual!

10 years of half a life
3 years HD 1st transplant Feb 08 failed after 3 months
Back to HD 2nd transplant Dec 10 failed after 11 months
Difficult times with a femoral line and catching MSSA (Thank you Plymouth Hospital)
Back on HD (not easy to do that third time around)
Fighting hard (two years on) to do home HD ... watch this space!
Oh and I am am getting married 1/08/15 to my wonderful partner Drew!!!
The power of optimism over common sense :)
fc2821
Elite Member

Just another hamster on the dialysis W.O.F.

« Reply #257 on: April 02, 2011, 02:28:15 PM »

Trying to get back intot eh swing of things here.  May I join in?  My step daughter and her husband took the grand kids to a Monster truck show today, they are 2 and 4 and they love monster trucks. Only seen them on DVD, though.   Suggested they get some noise canclign head phone for the little guys.     

In center hemo dialysis since Feb 14, 2007. 

If I could type properly, I'd be dangerous!

You may be only one person in the universe but you may mean the the universe to someone else.
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #258 on: April 02, 2011, 03:40:28 PM »

Yikes, I've seen monster trucks in a car show parade - that was loud enough without being in an echoing arena!  Bet they loved it anyhow.....

willowtreewren
Member for Life

« Reply #259 on: April 02, 2011, 04:36:24 PM »

Better that the trucks be monsters than the grandkids, Rob!  :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

We have been enjoying some gorgeous weather today. Loving it!  :flower;

Aleta

Sugarlump
Elite Member

« Reply #260 on: April 03, 2011, 10:58:15 AM »

EVEN England has been enjoying some spring sunshine today. Amazing how a little bit of sun lifts the spirits  8) and makes me start thinking about bbq's, parties, picnics and going to the races. And holidays. Will I get to go on tour with Sidney the Kidney this year ? Its seven years since I travelled freely without complicated dialysis plans and reams of extra luggage...
                                                                                                                 :bandance;  :bandance;  :bandance;

10 years of half a life
Difficult times with a femoral line and catching MSSA (Thank you Plymouth Hospital)
fc2821
Elite Member

« Reply #261 on: April 03, 2011, 11:06:10 AM »

:waving;  Hi.   Sugarlump, hope you get to travel and at least enjoyed the good weather day.

Aleta, the little guys enjoyed the Monster truck show!  :yahoo; Not certain their parrents did though.  ;D   Yes it was a lot of noise.  They got to go home with plenty of souviners and were worn out. 

Aleta is is a ncie day ehre today too.  Suppose to be 66 which is warm compaired to the last week, but 9 days ago it was 83  :o

You may be only one person in the universe but you may mean the the universe to someone else.
Sugarlump
Elite Member

« Reply #262 on: April 03, 2011, 12:02:23 PM »

:waving;  Hi.   Sugarlump, hope you get to travel and at least enjoyed the good weather day.
:waving;
I see everyone else calls you Rob which is a lot easier on the tongue than FC2821!!! Sounds like a drug!!!! Thanks for your good wishes.
Yes its been a good day today from when I woke (4am for my sins) until now.
I am just chillin' now on the sofa with Murphy (my dog) and a roast chicken and stuffing sandwich, listening to some music
before I have an early night.
Yes I have big travel plans for the next 12 months, including Hong Kong, Paris and a longer trip to America to take in The Pacific Coast Highway,
Black Bears, California and maybe Colorado. That's going to take a fair chunk of time!!! Can't wait  8)

10 years of half a life
willowtreewren
Member for Life

« Reply #263 on: April 03, 2011, 12:32:11 PM »

Oh, Sugarlump,
Part of the southern part of the Pacific Coast highway slid into the ocean recently (near Big Sur). Might not be repaired any time soon.

Any chance of the Smoky Mountains being on your travel agenda? I would give you a personal tour of the highlights!  :2thumbsup;

Another beautiful day here and I am getting ready to go to a friend's house for an outdoor barbeque!  :clap;

Couldn't have been a better day for it!!!!

Aleta

Sugarlump
Elite Member

« Reply #264 on: April 03, 2011, 12:49:53 PM »

Oh no its been my dream to drive this road for years and years, how much has gone??? Will I have to do a detour!!! Shall have to get the map out!
You'll have to tell me where the Smoky mountains are in relation to my other travels? America is so big compared to England. Hard to get my head round the distances.

:o  :'(  :'(  :'(

10 years of half a life
del
Elite Member

« Reply #265 on: April 03, 2011, 04:18:12 PM »

Wish we would get some nice weather and sunshine. Snow flurries again today and chilly.  We went for a walk this morning and you almost had to jump over mud puddles in places!!!  I cooked a turkey for supper with all the trimmings. It was delicious.

willowtreewren
Member for Life

« Reply #266 on: April 03, 2011, 05:38:43 PM »

Oh no its been my dream to drive this road for years and years, how much has gone??? Will I have to do a detour!!! Shall have to get the map out!
You'll have to tell me where the Smoky mountains are in relation to my other travels? America is so big compared to England. Hard to get my head round the distances.

:o  :'(  :'(  :'(

Hi, Sugar,

there is only one section that washed away in Southern California. I'm sure you'll be able to do a detour of that section.

LOL, the Smoky Mountains are a mere 2000 miles form where you are planning to go.  :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

Yes, it is a big country. I had friends from England who were coming to a conference that I had arranged here in Tennessee. They thought they would fly into New York and just drive over to Tennessee that day. Ha ha ha. It was "only" about 750 miles - not really a day trip!  :rofl; :rofl;

Carl and I drove the northern part of the coast highway from San Fransisco to Oregon about 5 years ago. It was absolutely beautiful, a trip I will never forget. Go for it.  :2thumbsup;

Aleta

Sugarlump
Elite Member

« Reply #267 on: April 03, 2011, 06:30:01 PM »

The thing is England is such a small island there is nowhere you couldn't reach by car within a day!  ::)

10 years of half a life
fc2821
Elite Member

« Reply #268 on: April 04, 2011, 09:20:04 AM »

:waving; 
I see everyone else calls you Rob which is a lot easier on the tongue than FC2821!!! Sounds like a drug!!!! Thanks for your good wishes.

Yes it is.  Glad to have you call me Rob, which is my name.  Sad to say, never been to Great Britian.  Have, many years ago, been to Germany (the part I was in had a "West" in front of it then,  ;) ) , France, Belgium, Holland, Denmark  passed through it and  Sweden on the way to Norway, Austria and Switzerland. 
Lived in Canada for a year, in Alberta, it was beautiful and would love to go back. 
Been to most of the Western states (nor Washington or Oregon), and though I live in North Carolina now it is the only Eastern seaboard US state I have ever been in and the fartherest East in the US I have ever been.
 Spent three days in Brazil and been to Asia, Hawaii, and Alaska on very brief trips. 
Main thing I miss is just being able to go get in the car and just "go", if I want to do so.  Use to be able to say "this weekend how'd you like to go somewhere" and we often did.  Little day trips were nice too.   

EDITED:  Fixed Quote Error - Bajanne, Moderator
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 06:24:01 PM by Bajanne » Logged

Sugarlump
Elite Member

« Reply #269 on: April 04, 2011, 09:40:05 AM »

Hi Rob
yeah i know exactly what you mean. Last year it took me 3 months to arrange 2 sessions of dialysis with a unit in France to visit my daughter who lives over there, with a unit that refused point blank to speak English and demanded all the medical info translated into French!!! Spontaneous it wasn't!
If "Sidney the kidney" keeps on working well I will be off as soon as they sort out my medication problems. America will probably have to wait til next spring (needing travel insurance post transplant is tricky) but lots of other shorter trips first.
Trying to figure how much I can see of America in one go, and combining driving and flying is very complicated. Can't get my head round those distances and time zones and don't want to spend all of it on the road. But I keep adding new places to the list!!!

I like your signature tag ... not sure if I mean the "universe" to someone but maybe a little bit of the planet!!!!  :)

10 years of half a life
fc2821
Elite Member

« Reply #270 on: April 04, 2011, 09:51:15 AM »

Sugarlump, know what you mean about France.  It was nice though, but then my late first wife spoke fluent French and we visited her relatives there.  It is much easier when you have people with you from ther and who know the place and laugage,  :2thumbsup;

Yes, distance, especially in the Western states and Canada can be quite suprising.  It is vast.  What may look like a small trip on a map can take hours and hours.  For example, one time we left Witchita, KS going to Colorado Spring, Colorado...took us 10 hours to get there with only two stops.  And in those stations there is often very few towns.  Especially say in the Dakotas, Montrana, Wyoming.  Same thing for Monitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta in Canada. 

Sugarlump
Elite Member

« Reply #271 on: April 04, 2011, 11:32:22 AM »

Fortunately my daughter is bilingual and came with me to the sessions . The dialysis tech's only English was yes, no and come on baby! Not a lot of help in a dialysis setting!!!
She lives in Clermont-Ferrand which was a wicked city to visit. I love France. Everything about it. Especially the food and drink.
Proudly climbed to the top of Puy-de-Dome (1650m) day after dialysis! my french not fantastic but can get by with a
"Parlez vous anglais?" and smile sweetly!!!!  :)

10 years of half a life
del
Elite Member

« Reply #272 on: April 05, 2011, 09:49:46 AM »

We got out new quad ( 4 wheeler ATV) today!!  It's a Can Am 650 Outlander Max XTP - Black and yellow.  It has a 60 hp motor.  Lots of power!!!  No pictures yet. It is yucky outside so we took it out of the truck and put it right in the garage - after hubby went back and forth the driveway a couple of times LOL!!  We are planning on buying the tracks for it next winter.  Have to save some money - they cost about $4000!!

It is snowing and ice pellets outside now. Supposed to change to rain and warm up to +10 C. Hopefully lots of snow will melt!!

jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #273 on: April 05, 2011, 11:18:32 AM »

Those long stretches of nothing are so common in America, we don't even think about them here.  Probably why we don't blink if someone has to commute to work an hour and a half one way every day.

Sugarlump
Elite Member

« Reply #274 on: April 05, 2011, 11:44:11 AM »

I think driving to Post-Transplant clinic 75 miles away and back again is a logistical nightmare !!! Aleta telling me the Smokey Mountains are a mere 2000 miles out of my way would give me nightmares but I suppose, in common with Australia, you do have a lot of internal flights which of course
we don't in England.
But nothing ventured, nothing gained and I am determined to do my trip to America in Spring '12 to cross off some more tickboxes on my 101 places to see before you die!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 11:52:52 AM by Sugarlump » Logged

10 years of half a life
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »