I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2024, 11:29:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Spouses and Caregivers
| | |-+  Will someone talk to me? Pleease?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will someone talk to me? Pleease?  (Read 66412 times)
texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2011, 05:38:14 AM »

Wow, everyone has some really great thing going on  in their lives! And a little confused about this, but I think Richard spent the ay having sex. Yay for you Richard lol. Yvonne that puppy is gonna be your best pal in the world and you need that. The first year is a lot owrk but it is SO worth the pay off. Tip: treats work so well for training. I always kept some in my pocket outdoors. And Des you have a little too. aww.... I want another one now. Look what you've done to me lol. Paris- one hour? What an enjoyable time this must be for the family. So new he doesn't even have a name yet. I want to go to the laughfest very badly. Maybe today will be just as good as yesterday for all us. That would be 2 days in a row lol. For me, that would be amazing..

caregiver to husband using in-center dialysis 4 years
peleroja
Elite Member

I have 16 hats, all the same style!

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2011, 07:23:46 AM »

So, how 'bout those Mets?!  Haven't had breakfast yet, sorry.  Gonna go to the doc today for my arthritis pain.  Beautiful day here in sunny southern California.  That's all I can come up with right now!
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2011, 07:58:57 AM »

Richard, that's all we do is talk about it. Is it like riding a bike lol.
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2011, 08:34:43 AM »

Micah John, 7lbs 6oz and absolutely gorgeous. He has a full head of black hair and huge, beautiful eyes and a very calm peaceful look on his face.  As if he knows this is going to be a good life.   Ahhhh, babies. They make the world right.      And my daughter has been interviewing for a job she really wants. 5 levels of interviews.  This morning she got the call and she is now the Exectutive Director of NC Muscular Dystropy Association. Very proud of her.  And the offered her $10,000 more than the salary they quoted her in the interviews!!   It has been a good 24 hours.   

Breakfast? I've been too excited to eat!  And I am having lunch with 2 good friends. Tonight I'm going to granddaughters band concert (7th grade). 

And Richard?   He does seem to have a reaccuring theme!!    :rofl;    Richardmeltmyheart --- our own Romeo!!     :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Yvonne

Yvonne

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2011, 08:55:55 AM »

Managed to post some photo's of Poppy
1st one she was 4 weeks old  2nd one about 6 weeks and 3rd 10 weeks old
Hope you like

2007- since January 2007 carer to my husband John who has the following, allways been a very fit man up till then.
2007 - January Renal failure
2007 - March Diagnosed with a Horseshoe kidney and bladder cancer.
2007 - June One kidney, Prostrate and Bladder removed with stage 4 cancer. Urostomy
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2011, 09:33:10 AM »

oh my goodness, what a great bunch of stuff written and enjoyed here...  I want to respond to everyones joy, but will just say  :yahoo; .  lifes good  :clap; :clap;    and oh my gosh i love puppies

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2011, 09:40:45 AM »

Oh, Yvonne, what a cutie!  :flower;

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2011, 09:43:19 AM »

The snow is melting!!!!  Be about another 2 months at least before we see daffidols or any other blooming plant!!!  That's one of the down things about living on an island in the North Atlantic LOL.  Have to go now and help hubby unload a truckful of firewood.

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2011, 11:49:11 AM »

what a little swetheart your puppy is!  He is just adorable. I love puppies too... Paris sounds like great things going on in your family. Wow. I know you're loving it too. More pictures of puppies and babies please!! I hope you get some relief for your arthritis today peleroja!

looneytunes
Elite Member

Wishin' I was Fishin'

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2011, 08:49:00 PM »

Paris...what an exciting thing!   And Yvonne, Poppy is gorgeous! 

Today was a pretty quiet day here.  I worked on a quilt I am making for my daughter and did a little housecleaning.  Fed the cows. 

"The key to being patient is having something to do in the meantime" AU
Des
Elite Member

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2011, 09:27:54 PM »

Hi Tx and friends,

I spent most of last night with my 17 year old teenage daughter - she did not make the netbal team and was crying her little heart out. :'(

Now it is times like these that I need a "how to help your teen" manual  :rofl;
But all looks ok this morning.

Oh and I de-wormed all the doggies this morning.

(not very exciting but I don't want to talk about D or work)

ps I had yogurt and muesli for breakfast.

Please note: I am no expert. Advise given is not medical advise but from my own experience or research. Or just a feeling...

South Africa
PKD
Jan 2010 Nephrectomy (left kidney)
Jan 2010 Fistula
Started April 2010 Hemo Dialysis(hate every second of it)
Nov 2012 Placed on disalibity (loving it)
texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2011, 04:48:52 AM »

I have  14 & 19 year old girls and when their hearts are broken you just have to be there for them. I'll bet the manual says "just listen", and I'm sure you did that. Aww..I feel bad for her.

billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2011, 08:46:54 AM »

Yvonne it is so nice to see you smiling and the dog looks sooooo cuddly. I think about you a lot.
vcarmody

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2011, 10:58:29 AM »

TS, I have been busy packing for our cruise.  Were going for 11 days, St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Labadee, Samana and Antiqua.  I worry if my house will still be standing when I get back, I am leaving my 21 and 19 year old daughters home while we are away.  We are so looking forward to getting away from the cold, snow and rain and into the Caribbean sunshine.  :)

Caregiver to husband Chris, NxStage 11-2009
looneytunes
Elite Member

Wishin' I was Fishin'

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2011, 11:01:03 AM »

A cruise sounds good to me!  Any room in your baggage for a stowaway?  I'll be quiet, I promise!   :shy;

ODAT

Nala - Mom's Cat

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2011, 01:07:56 PM »

Ahhhh, I want a puppy!

Des, trying out for school sports is pure hell. My youngest tried out for baseball every season (made it once - freshman year), and basketball (never made that even though he tried so hard he puked). I think there are a lot of politics in school sports.

Yup, our snow is melting and now we have lots of flooding! It was 40 degrees today but very windy.

I'm taking my time going home from work today. My son (19) wanted to talk to his dad alone about switching jobs. He actually left his job two weeks ago, didn't tell my hubby and didn't want me to either. He got a better job, better pay, and lots more hours so hubby shouldn't be too upset (until this weekend when my son also tells him he wants to stop college for now).

Yikes!

Hope everyone has a pleasant evening. I'm going to get a movie!

As is your sort of mind, so is your sort of search: you will find what you desire.
WishIKnew

Alports, dialysis '07-'12,cancer'11,transplant '12

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2011, 01:08:51 PM »

What a great day!  Got to hang with friends and spend a little time with my husband and son.  Everyone's just busy and happy!  Life is good!!!!!
On my way to a fish fry for supper, yum!
texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2011, 01:39:15 PM »

Hey, let's see if we can carry this good attitude of ours all the way to Monday! Then Monday we can go back to complaing. Promise lol.

Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2011, 02:09:44 PM »

I'm really loving those 'Poppy is gorgeous' statements ...

;D

(She is, Yvonne ... truly scrummy.)

I shan't spoil this thread with my bad news, but just wanted to let you know that I had TWO Weetabix this morning.  I was very greedy.  Also, I want to know who Richard spent the day having sex with.

>:D

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2011, 04:05:08 PM »

well you are! (gorgeous)

jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2011, 07:49:15 PM »

I'm chugging away at my homework, and managed not to procrastinate today in spite of the lovely sunny day.  I did go out to lunch with a friend, though and had yummmmmmy Mexican food.  Homework for two classes done, and a good head start on an annoying part of another course.   :bandance;

Plus, I get to sleep in tomorrow - for the first time in AGES!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

rsudock
Elite Member

will of the healthy makes up the fate of the sick.

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2011, 03:23:28 AM »

I shan't spoil this thread with my bad news, but just wanted to let you know that I had TWO Weetabix this morning.  I was very greedy.  Also, I want to know who Richard spent the day having sex with.

>:D

hey poppy just wanted to know what is Weetabix?

Also Aaron and I made the decision that we are going to move somewhere warmer when he graduates from college this summer! I have also made the decision to get licensed to teach "Talented and Gifted" students...I am really excited about this b/c I love to learn but even more this is my best chance to continue to teach and have smaller class sizes and kids that are more motivated to learn. Out of everything I LOVE about EDUCATING I love the imparting knowledge and helping kids explore their potential the best. I will miss the general population but I think this is the best bet for me to be able to keep teaching and living a fulfilling life. Aaron is going to take me to the local university and see what the requirements are.

Speaking of Aaron I just want to brag about how wonderful he is. He just constantly rises to the challenge of loving me and putting up with me. He has never lost faith in my ability to find my way back. I told him the other day that maybe we could get married in a winery. That is the only idea I have real seem to take a liking too. Anyway he is going to take me to a movie today!! yeah...of course last time I fell asleep at the theater :/  but of course he wasn't mad.

xo,
R

Born with autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease
1995 - AV Fistula placed
Dec 7, 1999 cadaver transplant saved me from childhood dialysis!
10 transplant years = spleenectomy, gall bladder removed, liver biopsy, bone marrow aspiration.
July 27, 2010 Started dialysis for the first time ever.
June 21, 2011 2nd kidney nonrelated living donor
September 2013 Liver Cancer tumor.
October 2013 Ablation of liver tumor.
Now scans every 3 months to watch for new tumors.
Now Status 7 on the wait list for a liver.
How about another decade of solid health?
looneytunes
Elite Member

Wishin' I was Fishin'

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2011, 05:13:55 AM »

Today I get to pick up all 4 of my grandkiddos and bring them back to the farm for a week!   :clap;   I have been looking forward to Spring Break just as much as if I were still a student!  The oldest is soon to be 10 and the youngest is almost 4.  They are all really sweet and a whole lot of fun and love to come to the farm.  I intend to play...play...play!   :cheer:

del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2011, 05:46:54 AM »

As soon as I finish my morning coffee we are going for a walk on snowshoes.  Hubby told me last night he feels better than he ever has (anytime in his life)!!  And he's been on dialysis for over 14 years!!!  We are taking matches to have a fire.  It is +8 celcius today and the snow is melting!!  Thank God!!  I want to see flowers and leaves on the trees.  Will be late may or June here before we get the leaves on the trees and another couple of months before I see my tulips and daffidols bloom.  Terrible what has happened in Japan.  Pictures look awful!!

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
vcarmody

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2011, 10:57:23 AM »

All I can say as I am happy it is del that still has snow, ours is finally almost gone thanks to the rain that flooded everything, but today when I took my dog out I seen my daffodils getting ready to bloom even though we really have not had any warm days and it just made me so happy inside to know spring is almost here!!!

Caregiver to husband Chris, NxStage 11-2009
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »