I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2024, 11:31:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Spouses and Caregivers
| | |-+  Will someone talk to me? Pleease?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will someone talk to me? Pleease?  (Read 66422 times)
texasstyle
Elite Member

« on: March 09, 2011, 08:24:36 AM »

I know you have to feel this way at times too. You just have to. It can't only be me, but what I wouldn't do for the same old "how did dialysis go? "were you late getting on?" "how much fluid did they pull off?' "you feel ok?" "are you dizzy?" day after day. I need some interesting conversation that is NOT about dialysis and sickness! PLease tell me what your day or week has in store for you. The fun & interesting parts only. NO TALKING ABOUT DIALYSIS. You're not even aloud to metion anything that is assoc. with it. NOTHING. I think we could use a little break from it once and a while. Heck, tell me what you had for breakfast. I don't care lol.  PS: good laughs are welcomed

caregiver to husband using in-center dialysis 4 years
paul.karen
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 08:46:52 AM »

Well i dont eat breakfast.

But im praying for a nice weekend so we can put some miles on the bikes.
 :sluff;

If its not nice out may clean the garage.  So i hope its nice out.....

Curiosity killed the cat
Satisfaction brought it back

Operation for PD placement 7-14-09
Training for cycler 7-28-09

Started home dialysis using Baxter homechoice
8-7-09
cattlekid
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 09:00:15 AM »

We are going to Kona Grill today for a co-workers baby shower.  For my gift contribution, I knit a hat that looks like a tomato - I have now knitted three fruit hats for three different babies - one strawberry, one pumpkin and one tomato. 

BTW, I had a Clif bar for breakfast.   ;D
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 11:05:00 AM »

It's an absoultly beautiful day in sunny southern Cali today..  I actually think we're going to pack up our van and head to the beach with the dogs in just a bit.  First waiting to see my nearly 3yr old  grandson who btw is increadably adorable and full of himself..Im also thinking what we MAY want to eat while in the beach area besides our own made up food... Hum.....

Well, i can say that my chickens are happely clucking in the back yard, nibbling bugaroos  and washing them down with the tender shoots of grass poppen up from our little rain we got last week...  I love chickens :-)  very peaceful sounding.....most of the time anyway, unless they've just laid and egg and are feeling very proud and announcing it to the world.  Theyre very silly creatures.  I love wathching them as they're quite dramatic over some pretty simple things. Anyway, this is my day, hope yours is full of something peaceful, fun, or at least DIFFERENT  :2thumbsup;

:cuddle;

« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 03:16:01 PM by boswife » Logged

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 11:10:10 AM »

I only had coffee for breakfast but also took a morning walk and its a beautiful day! Spring has sprung here, flowering fruit trees and the mock orange smells like heaven. I was out yesterday and saw a gorgeous purple wisteria blooming on an adobe wall so I turned around, went home and got my camera. I will post a photo if they come out. The last few weeks the saucer magnolias have been blooming and so are some wildflowers. I took a couple photos so will attach here.  Have a great day TXSTYL!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 11:16:03 AM »

Hi, TS. I had my hard drive just DIE yesterday. I was working on a budget spread sheet before lunch and when I came back afterward, nothing would move. I shut the computer off and when I turned it back on....all I heard was a loud click, clank....I KNEW the hard drive was just kaput!

The amazing thing is that I didn't panic!  :rofl; :clap;

I had backed up the computer a few days ago, so I knew I hadn't lost too much. And we made a trip to the Apple store where they kindly told us that we could get a bigger hard drive for much less at a big box store. They would show us how to install it if we brought it back to them. By 8:00 PM I was home with a HUGE new hard drive and things were humming along being installed and re-booted from my back-up.  :cheer:

And best of all, I was only out $63.90, because the man in line in front of us had a handful of 10% off coupons. He turned to us and said, "Oh, you are buying a hard drive? Here, take one of these that I didn't use!"

w00t!  :yahoo;

So, there you have an exciting evening from my life!

:flower;

Aleta

PS For breakfast I had a cup of blueberries mixed with Golean and Fiber One cereals, swimming in soymilk. That is my standard weekday fare! And don't forget coffee!  ;)

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 01:07:54 PM »

I just had a chicken sandwich.

I'm about to go for a walk.  It's dull and dreary here in Chicagoland today, but at least it is not freezing.  My snowdrops are up, and the tippy tops of my daffs are up, too, but other than that, there is no real sign of spring yet other than the absense of temps below freezing.

My husband is teaching tonight; he teaches a graduate law course one evening a week, so I'm going to find something interesting on Netflix that he wouldn't want to watch...something girly where nothing blows up and there are no ghosts or creepy children.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 01:22:11 PM »

I went to WW tonight and discovered that despite my best intentions I weighed exactly the same as I did this time last week.  So I came home and gorged myself on food and my belly is full.  Now you can amuse yourself with images of a pink-faced me using my Wii Fit Plus for hours every day in an effort to fix it.

;D

(I didn't have breakfast today because I only eat breakie on a working day and Wednesday is my day off ... tomorrow I will have a Weetabix.  Yum.)

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 01:44:54 PM »

MM, try "Priceless" It is a French film with English subtitles.

Cute and predictable, but a good chick flick.

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 02:19:11 PM »

MM, try "Priceless" It is a French film with English subtitles.

Cute and predictable, but a good chick flick.

Aleta

Funnily enough, it's already on my queue, but it was sorta lost down there at around #392 (I have a very long Netflix queue)!  That looks absolutely PERFECT!  I do like Audrey Tatou; I've seen most of her films.  Thanks so much for the recommendation!!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
looneytunes
Elite Member

Wishin' I was Fishin'

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 03:41:46 PM »

TS...here's some real ADULT conversation for you...Today I went to our accountant to have our taxes prepared  :puke;.  Then I did the monthly grocery shopping thing.  Both are hated chores but have to be done.  Since we live in a rural area, I only go to a larger community about once a month for the BIG shopping trip and have to go to several stores to get everything.  I have 2 large deep freezers and a huge pantry and this keeps us from having to buy at the local small town grocer (which is very expensive). 

I had a Hardee's breakfast sandwich and coffee for breakfast.  I enjoyed my day away from home by myself.   >:D

"The key to being patient is having something to do in the meantime" AU
texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 04:16:37 PM »

Hey look everyone, No one spoke about kidney disease! See we can do it!  Even w/ our screwy messed up lives we still do some pretty good living don't we? It's when we get overwhlmed with everything we need to vent it out (and that's often). I believe it or not, actually went to lunch with my husband and daughter. I had sirlon steak w/ bacon and cheese, brown gravy side, mac and cheese, corn and for something different a fuit cup instead of salad. All for $5.99! (buissness man's special lol) It is really great to see that everyone is doing fun things and making life be the best they can under the circumstances. I would have replied sooner but wen to to luch and daughter did school work on computer. Going to lunch was a real suprise. OMG, those fruit hats sound like the cutest. Maybe you could put a picture up of them. I almost want one for myself! I'll take a Blueberry lol. Looks like everyone had a GREAT day. Willow: glad you got your hard drive straightened out right away. Not having your computer stinks lol. I didn't have breakfast either lol

caregiver to husband using in-center dialysis 4 years
Brightsky69

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 04:44:53 PM »

Well...I had a boiled egg and half a big pretzel for breakfast.  ;D
Work has been wonderful this week. Most of my co-worker are in San Diego for a conference that we host. I got to stay here this year. WooHoo!!
Only the cool people were left behind at work.  :cheer:
We might go out to lunch together tomorrow for a (cool 8)) co-workers birthday.   8) Work has been so relaxing and stress free this week.
And this weekend the weather should be in the 60's

Transplant June 11, 1991 (1st time) my mom's kidney
Received my 2nd kidney transplant Oct. 19th 2010.
Mizar

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 05:01:47 PM »

I went and got the Oil Changed in My Car, Yesterday. My Husband, always, took care of that. It was a Breeze.     :waving;
WishIKnew

Alports, dialysis '07-'12,cancer'11,transplant '12

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 05:55:45 PM »

A dear friend of mine had a beautiful baby boy 5 weeks ago.  She had to go back to work this week and her full time baby sitter could not start until next week so for this week I am the luckiest woman in the world.  I get to snuggle and play with a tiny baby all day.  He is just wonderful, you know the good baby smell and the cooing.  It's been so fun.

Also, my 7th grade son had a big poetry project due today.  He's been working on it and I'm so proud of him!  I used to teach high school English, so these things are so fun for me.  He choose The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe.  His analysis was amazing for a 13 year old.  He presented it to the class today.  Not only did he get a 100% but his classmates clapped.  He was feeling pretty good about himself when he got home  tonight. 

So, we had a very good day here!

I'd order a fruit hat, too!  They sound wonderfully fun!
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 06:18:36 PM »

I had my weight watchers group tonight too. After snowshoeing almost everyday and helping hubby with the firewood and watching my diet very closely all week I only lost 1 1/4 lbs.  Last week I gained 3 1/2!!!  :thumbdown;  I had weight watchers bread toasted for breakfast , cereal for lunch and fried fish and some left over chicken with scalloped potatoes for supper.  I have a load of clothes in the washer that need to go in the dryer and another load in the washer but that wil wait until morning. Dishwasher needs unloading too but that's tomorrow morning's job as well. 

This aftrnoon we went to visit hubby's mom at the nursing home.  I dropped in the fabric store and bought some pom pom wool to knit a scarf. haven't knit one with that type of wool before but they are very pretty when they are done. Only use six -8 stitches on it.  Pom poms all fall in line (I hope!!)  I'll post a pic when I get it done.

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 06:46:16 PM »

My unexpected reward for volunteering to teach craft classes was 4 free tickets to a show that is part of the massive 10 day Laughfest going on here in Grand Rapids.  (BIG names are Betty White and Bill Cosby, plus hundreds more comics and plays and shows andnandnandnandand.......)  My tickets are for March 18th 5 hour show that starts with an Irish singer, has an Irish comedian named Steve Byrne in the middle, and ends with an Irish rock band named Gaelic Storm, who did part of the sound track for Titanic.   I invited a friend who is a huge Irish music fan, and I had two extra tickets after that.  I planned to give them to my sister, who was disappointed to realize it was the same weekend she's out of town for work.  So I passed them on to my "boss" at the volunteer organization at the courthouse.  He was thrilled, and his wife is too.  Isn't it nice to surprise someone with a treat?

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

paris
Member for Life

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2011, 07:28:01 PM »

We have a new baby in our family; born about an hour ago.   :clap;  The father and my 2 sons have been best friends since 7th grade. He spent all his holidays with us, vacations, and has always been called our third son.  We've been the place he can go when times are tough or happy: his parents divorce, his Dad's death and also all the great things like graduations,etc.   He and his wife have been married 10 years and had no children.  Their church told them of a teenager who wanted to give her baby up for adoption (she was 6 months pregnant). Without hesitation, they said yes, yes! It is an open adoption, so they have had several visits with the birth Mom. And will continue visits after the baby is theirs.  Today, they have been at the hospital with her and her family. Randy has been keeping us updated all day. They now live in Oklahoma, too far from NC.   We haven't seen pictures yet or know his name!  I am so excited for them. There have been a lot of miracles lately!   I have been praying for the birth Mom.  She is only 15, the Dad was killed in a drive by shooting. Very sad story.  But, like a cadaver donor, while the reciever is so happy, another family is grieving.  I am sure the birth Mom and her family are having a very hard time. I hope it helps them to know the baby will have an incredible life with lots of people who love him.     Thanks Texasstyle, for letting me share this happy day with you.    I loved reading about everyone's day.     :2thumbsup;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Des
Elite Member

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 10:19:19 PM »

We have a 3 month old puppy (maltese poodle) and I tought her how to sit (upright like a bear on her bum) in three days. She got it right just with hand signals.....

She is the cutest thing ever. I will start the "roll over" trick on Saturday. I can't wait.  She makes me smile, oh and she smiles back.

Please note: I am no expert. Advise given is not medical advise but from my own experience or research. Or just a feeling...

South Africa
PKD
Jan 2010 Nephrectomy (left kidney)
Jan 2010 Fistula
Started April 2010 Hemo Dialysis(hate every second of it)
Nov 2012 Placed on disalibity (loving it)
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2011, 11:23:37 PM »

>:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

(Punch it, Hurb
Yo, I don't think we should talk about this
Come on, why not?
People might misunderstand what we're tryin' to say, you know?
No, but that's a part of life)

Come on

[CHORUS]

Let's talk about sex, baby
Let's talk about you and me
Let's talk about all the good things
And the bad things that may be
Let's talk about sex
Let's talk about sex
Let's talk about sex
Let's talk about sex

Let's talk about sex for now to the people at home or in the crowd
It keeps coming up anyhow
Don't decoy, avoid, or make void the topic
Cuz that ain't gonna stop it
Now we talk about sex on the radio and video shows
Many will know anything goes
Let's tell it how it is, and how it could be
How it was, and of course, how it should be
Those who think it's dirty have a choice
Pick up the needle, press pause, or turn the radio off
Will that stop us, Pep? I doubt it
All right then, come on, Spin

[CHORUS]

Hot to trot, make any man's eyes pop
She use what she got to get whatever she don't got
Fellas drool like fools, but then again they're only human
The chick was a hit because her body was boomin'
Gold, pearls, rubies, crazy diamonds
Nothin' she ever wore was ever common
Her dates heads of state, men of taste
Lawyers, doctors, no one was too great for her to get with
Or even mess with, the Prez she says was next on her list
And believe me, you, it's as good as true
There ain't a man alive that she couldn't get next to
She had it all in the bag so she should have been glad
But she was mad and sad and feelin' bad
Thinkin' about the things that she never had
No love, just sex, followed next with a check and a note
That last night was dope

Let's talk about sex, baby (sing it)
Let's talk about you and me (sing it, sing it)
Let's talk about all the good things
And the bad things that may be
Let's talk about sex (come on)
Let's talk about sex (do it)
Let's talk about sex (uh-huh)
Let's talk about sex

Ladies, all the ladies, louder now, help me out
Come on, all the ladies - let's talk about sex, all right
[repeat]

(Yo, Pep, I don't think they're gonna play this on the radio
And why not? Everybody has sex
I mean, everybody should be makin' love
Come on, how many guys you know make love?)

[CHORUS]

:shy;

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Des
Elite Member

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 02:01:12 AM »

:Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik;

I am sure she said Talk not sing.  :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

Please note: I am no expert. Advise given is not medical advise but from my own experience or research. Or just a feeling...

South Africa
PKD
Jan 2010 Fistula
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 02:24:56 AM »

Went out to lunch with my dearest friend. She had 2 chicken tacos, I had one pork taco, 2 glasses of iced tea, $20.00. Think I will not be going back there any time soon. On the bright side, tomorrow I am going to make my first wedding cake for a friend who is being married on Friday. Wish me luck, I really need it. How do I get myself in to this type of thing???

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Yvonne

Yvonne

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2011, 02:48:47 AM »

I've got a new addition to my family, a puppy I've named her Poppy. I bought her home at 5 weeks old because her Mum had stopped feeding her. She was born on the 19th Dec 2010. Can't take her out yet as she has not finished all her injections. As she has got older she is becoming a handful, keeps me so busy now trying to potty train her.  She is so full mischief. If someone had warned me how hard it would be I might of changed my mind about having a dog, I'm a little bit old to take on a puppy but maybe she will keep me young. As she sleeps I look at her and realise how much I love her. I've longed to tell you all about Poppy and this is the ideal time with you starting this thread.

How do I post a photo on here???

2007- since January 2007 carer to my husband John who has the following, allways been a very fit man up till then.
2007 - January Renal failure
2007 - March Diagnosed with a Horseshoe kidney and bladder cancer.
2007 - June One kidney, Prostrate and Bladder removed with stage 4 cancer. Urostomy
Des
Elite Member

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 03:05:07 AM »

I've got a new addition to my family, a puppy I've named her Poppy. I bought her home at 5 weeks old because her Mum had stopped feeding her. She was born on the 19th Dec 2010. Can't take her out yet as she has not finished all her injections. As she has got older she is becoming a handful, keeps me so busy now trying to potty train her.  She is so full mischief. If someone had warned me how hard it would be I might of changed my mind about having a dog, I'm a little bit old to take on a puppy but maybe she will keep me young. As she sleeps I look at her and realise how much I love her. I've longed to tell you all about Poppy and this is the ideal time with you starting this thread.

How do I post a photo on here???

I am glad to hear from you. You will read that I also enjoy the littly fury things. see my post a few up.
they change your life completely.

TX did a fab thing in creating this space. Love it.

South Africa
PKD
Jan 2010 Fistula
Henry P Snicklesnorter

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2011, 04:29:50 AM »

« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 03:39:14 PM by Henry P Snicklesnorter » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »