I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2024, 04:33:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  I'm here now
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm here now  (Read 2247 times)
JLM

« on: March 08, 2011, 06:53:05 AM »

I am a 60+ female from west central TX.  Diabetic for almost 30 years.  I have known about my kidneys failing for 15 years.  I just had a cathitor installed late last month.  I'm here to get a handle on what to expect from this experience.  I am very closed-mouth about my problems and only a couple of my friends really know what is going on with me.  But, by nature, I am a friendly person, I just don't talk about my problems.  I have also had my share of lower back surgeries.  I am also my husband's caregiver , he has ALZ.  I am right where God wants me, not one step in front, nor one step behind!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 07:00:06 AM by JLM » Logged

I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind.
YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 07:10:31 AM »

:welcomesign; Welcome JLM! There is a lot of very good information and support here for patients and caregivers.  Glad you found IHD.
peleroja
Elite Member

I have 16 hats, all the same style!

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 07:31:45 AM »

Welcome to the group, JLM.  Sounds like you have a pretty full plate.  Lots of good information and friends here.  Glad you found us!
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 08:09:33 AM »

:welcomesign; JLM!

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 08:32:11 AM »

Hi JLM and welcome to IHD.  I'm so glad you found us.  Sounds like you are a believer so that will get you a long way.   :pray;

Keep reading this site so you are informed on the different types of dialysis you have to choose from.  Also, how it works and what to expect.

Rerun, Moderator      :welcomesign;

Kay

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 09:00:27 AM »

Welcome my dear,
It sounds like you are wonderfully stoical about life's hardships. Your faith will see you through anything life can throw at you. Keep fighting the good fight. This forum is a super support. :cuddle;
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 11:00:02 AM »

Welcome JLM   :welcomesign;  You have found a great place to open up and speak your mind with others who truly understand.  We come to vent, to educate, to hold each others hands,,,, what ever is needed.  It has truly given so many the relieve they've/ we've needed.  I absolutly love and cherish those words you spoke "I'm right where God wants me  etc...."  I will carry those with me and remind myself often..  See, you've already helped at least one needy soul today  ;D   .......  Truly!!  i thank you for that, it was just what i needed this morning..    And, once again, this is a great place to even whine if thats what ya need ...  Bless you, and your life. 
oh, ps..... im care*partner*  ;) to my hubby who has just come home with NxStage.  Been on home D for 2 1/2 months now and doing great. 

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 11:09:19 AM »

Welcome JLM.  You defininately have a lot going on right now.   So glad you found this site.  You will learn so much and meet some fabulous folks.

By the way, I'm in South Texas (south of San Antonio).  Where are you?  You can send me a private message if you like.

:waving;

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 12:06:01 PM »

Everyone you meet does not have to know about your life's difficulties.  That you have IHD and one or two friends with whom you can be honest and relaxed is all you need, and that is more than a lot of people have.  There is no good that comes with suffering in silence, so I hope that you will feel free to come here, ask questions and vent your fears and frustrations.  We also love to hear about your good days!

Welcome to our community.  I hope you find support here; I think you will.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 04:23:32 PM »

G'day, JLM, and  :welcomesign;.

Galvo
JLM

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 06:04:30 PM »

Thank you all for the warm welcomes.  I go to Abilene Friday to get my new "plumbing" flushed out.  Oh why does the price of gas have to increase now....?       :thumbdown;

I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind.
texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 07:50:58 PM »

That great attutide from your introduction is going to be your best friend! That's a job taking car of someone with Alheimers. I hope you have other family suppport. During an illness of mine I twas caregiver to my husband on dialysis. He was near having his foot amputated (it was saved) and almost everything was on me for 3 months. Plus dealing with my  own thing. I found out that you can do it. You simply do what you have to. There's some kind od drive that kicks in. You might have to adapt and ajust things but that's ok. You be the best you can be!

caregiver to husband using in-center dialysis 4 years
looneytunes
Elite Member

Wishin' I was Fishin'

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 06:43:04 AM »

Hi JLM and welcome to IHD.  You'll be in my prayers.   :grouphug;

"The key to being patient is having something to do in the meantime" AU
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »