I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:33:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Prescription plan, Prograf (tacrolimus)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prescription plan, Prograf (tacrolimus)  (Read 1921 times)
raymo

« on: February 24, 2011, 04:42:22 PM »

Hi, it's almost 3 years since I received a successful transplant, and I am a littled worried with the prescription cost.
I live in California and I heard that after 3 years, I will not get Medicare. 
Could anyone give me advice on how i can save $$ in paying for my prescriptions after 3 years?
I am 30yrs old, so I'd like to hear from those that are a in similar situation, between the ages of 21 and 66 (or retiring age).
If you don't mind, I would like to know what plan you have and how much you have to pay, including premiums and copays, in order to get tacrolimus.
If you don't have any drug coverage, I would also like to hear from you.
Any feedbacks would be greatly appreciated.

Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 05:37:23 PM »

Hi Raymo and welcome to IHD.  This is the introduction section where you tell us a little about yourself.  I know you are worried and just want your question answered, but the thing is not everyone reads this section. 

Welcome!  But now go to Dialysis General Discussion and ask your question.  Loads of help there.

I'll try to tell you what I know.  Yes, you are right.  Medicare pays for 3 years of transplant drugs.  After that you are on your own or maybe talk to your nephrologist and see if he/she can help you.  I'm sure you'll get other tips from other members.

Rerun, Moderator              :welcomesign;

cariad
Elite Member

What's past is prologue

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 07:53:59 PM »

Contact the company that produces it, get on their list. Astrellas I think it is? They keep sending me something about saving $200 on my Prograf prescriptions, plus they will probably know about prescription hardship programs that you can apply for. You can also google around for these programs. Also, see if you qualify for MediCal.

Oh, and :welcomesign;  :)

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. - Philo of Alexandria

People have hope in me. - John Bul Dau, Sudanese Lost Boy
st789

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 08:09:03 PM »

Explore all possible options that you pursue.  Good luck.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »