I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:44:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  A couple of events that are coming up
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A couple of events that are coming up  (Read 2370 times)
The Lone IT from HM

« on: January 06, 2011, 02:30:53 PM »

I just wanted to let everyone know that I just posted on the www.hemametrics.com Events page the 31st Annual Dialysis Conference in Phoenix, AZ  February 20-22.   Our booth # is 55.    I am not sure who all will be there from our company, but will post that if there is any interest.  Don't have to go to our website to see what all is going on, you can Google it.

That is Mundane, However, the exciting event is the RSN Hope 2011 Renal Teen Prom on 16 Jan 2011.   Here is the Link:
http://www.rsnhope.org/programs/prom/renal_teen_prom.php
They have young people from states all around Cal, so look into it....if not this year, then next for sure.

James C. Reed
Director of Information Systems
Hema Metrics LLc
Office: 801 549-9203
Mobile:801 682-7614
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 03:07:14 PM »

I'd love to go to that conference.  Have you seen the lineup of speakers?  Pretty damned awesome.

Re Crit-line III monitoring system...is that available for home hemo patients?

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
The Lone IT from HM

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 09:27:45 AM »

Yes, it is available for home treatments.  We have had them requested for patients who are on home treatment by their coordinator.  I have to plead ignorance in this area though.  I don't know how home treatment patients get them, I just know that we have sent them out.

James C. Reed
Hema Metrics LLc
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 02:07:25 PM »

Thanks for mentioning the prom Lone. I was able to see some of the dresses that the Renal Support Network brought in caravans to different hospitals in the last 2 weeks. It's an amazing feat, supplying the girls with dresses, all for free. Thanks to Kitkatz for her donation of a big box of dresses! I watch the thrift shops all year for good formal wear. The Kidney Teen Prom is a great cause and this year they expect over 300 guests!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
The Lone IT from HM

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 08:45:56 AM »

It is my personal mission here is to bring as many event to the Dialysis population as I can.  Camp O information isn't out yet, and there are some other week long camp that will meet the needs for Dialysis patients.  There are some day camps that are pretty much for local patients to use.  But it is those week long event where kids  can go be kids, or special events like the Prom, where kids on Dialysis can go be around others like them and be normal kids.

There are more events out there, and I wish anyone and everyone would keep their eyes open and ears to the ground and let me know where, when, and who so I can get the word out to everyone else.  There are several things for Adults also, and I want to publish those.

It is what I can do for others... I can't even give blood, my body chemistry is "strange"...the doctors say it is good for me, but no good for anyone else. So, if I can't literally give of myself, I will give what I can.  That will be my time and efforts to provide some distraction from day to day worries, or what information I can dig up that might shed some light on a problem  that just cropped up.

James C. Reed
Hema Metrics LLc
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »