I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:27:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Iam ready to go..
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Iam ready to go..  (Read 9377 times)
wolfken

« on: December 26, 2010, 01:32:55 PM »

I quit dialysis 4 dats ago, be reseach it says irt will be a gentle passing,. by all ny friemds

EDITED: Thread moved to proper section:  – Rerun, Moderator
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 03:38:12 PM by Rerun » Logged
wolfken

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 01:40:24 PM »

today is the forth day without without the pain,dialysis is a killer,pain and suffering will end soon, its is not suicide, my arrage is set I will pray for others....Kidney transpant is not a option.....bye wolfken

EDITED: Thread moved to proper section and merged:  – Rerun, Moderator
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 03:42:03 PM by Rerun » Logged
wolfken

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 01:47:12 PM »

dialysis may work for others, but wheh the docs say  it going to get worse iys time to say the hell with it,time to check out
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 01:56:05 PM »

:grouphug;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
wolfken

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 02:08:14 PM »

I mhave been on dialysis for two months and pain fron nirophathy is druivind me nuts, other complicatioz more pain,now thr doctor say me heart wont last......so I chose to not have any more dialysis and just fade away.....its the right choise........
bye from Wolfke,,,,,,,,, :clap;
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 02:13:01 PM »

im glad you pray  :pray;    :grouphug;

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 02:47:18 PM »

I wish you peace wolfken.   :grouphug;

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010, 03:08:32 PM »

Dear Wolfken....

What a brave decision... Sometimes the very best treatment is no treatment...

I'm thinking of you... May God bless and protect you... May the road ahead rise up to meet you, and until we meet again,may God hold you in the palm of his hand...

Fare thee well, my friend...

Love...

Darth...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
rsudock
Elite Member

will of the healthy makes up the fate of the sick.

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2010, 05:57:20 PM »

May the Lord hold you and keep you....

xo,
R

Born with autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease
1995 - AV Fistula placed
Dec 7, 1999 cadaver transplant saved me from childhood dialysis!
10 transplant years = spleenectomy, gall bladder removed, liver biopsy, bone marrow aspiration.
July 27, 2010 Started dialysis for the first time ever.
June 21, 2011 2nd kidney nonrelated living donor
September 2013 Liver Cancer tumor.
October 2013 Ablation of liver tumor.
Now scans every 3 months to watch for new tumors.
Now Status 7 on the wait list for a liver.
How about another decade of solid health?
cariad
Elite Member

What's past is prologue

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2010, 06:46:45 PM »

Dearest Wolfken,

Thank you for sharing your decision with us. I am glad that you found an end to the pain.

You will be missed! :cuddle;

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. - Philo of Alexandria

People have hope in me. - John Bul Dau, Sudanese Lost Boy
lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2010, 06:56:40 PM »

hugs and peace to you....... :grouphug; :grouphug;

noahvale
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2010, 08:28:44 PM »

« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 02:43:59 AM by noahvale » Logged
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2010, 08:56:55 PM »

Oh Wolfken, I wish I knew what to say to soothe you.  I've just read through all of your posts...you have suffered so much, so much.  I am so sorry...no, ANGRY...at whatever Force it is that created such a horrible disease.  Why would any Creator filled with Love gash your soul so horribly?  I will never understand, NEVER.

I hope you are very very sure about this, and if you are...if you really need to go down this path to find peace, then please allow yourself to accept comfort and solace and care.  I wish I could save you.  I'm so sorry that I can't.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2010, 01:11:05 AM »

I too, wish I knew what to say to you. But, I suppose, good bye, good luck, I am glad you are praying also. I hope your end comes quickly and painlessly. We will miss you here at IHD.   :cuddle;

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2010, 02:46:18 AM »

Dear Wolfken,

I agree with Noahvale.
Please find a way to ER/Accident & Emergency,
they might find a medical answer to your pain,
it could even be an allergic reaction to tablets/medicines/treatment...

I don’t know your story/disease or what made your kidneys fail,
but in a Hospital/hospice or palliative care
at least you would not be suffering in isolation
and there still might be a chance...

Kind wishes from Kristina  :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2010, 02:52:46 AM »

Wolfken, go in Peace, brother.

Galvo
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2010, 09:23:54 AM »

May God hold you in his hands.  Love and best wishes.  :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug;

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2010, 11:04:49 AM »

not an easy decision to make, but since you've made it go in peace.   :grouphug;

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
cdwbrooklyn

Positive Thoughts equal Positive Energy

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2010, 12:20:25 PM »

Hi Wolfken,

It is braking my heart to hear you are giving up on life.  I've been on dialysis for 12 years now and cannot receive a kidney.   I was to the point where I've felt just like you are feeling now.   When I was in center, I've hated being on dialysis.  I would look at my friends and see that they lives are going like they planned and I'm struck on dialysis.  Yeah, I've thought about ending my life, why not, at least I won't be on dialysis anymore.  BUT, the thought came to my mind, "Life is a precious gift".  This moment of depression will past.   I starting thinking about my family and friends and how they will feel about me giving up.  The thought of home dialysis came to my mind very strongly.  I've hesitated because I was not sure if I want to bring dialysis to my house.  Then, I've learned about Nxstage.  This machine saved my life.  I'm so glad I've decided to do it at home.  I feel so much better.   I can do dailysis on my schedule and it feels so much better taking control of my own treatment.   My attitude started to change.   I'm going out more, mingling more, make plans more, have lot more energy.  I am doing things I've lacked in while in center.  I love it.  Anyhoo, to make a long story short.  PLEASE DO NOT END YOUR LIFE!!!   Things will get better if you keep of pushing and searching to end the pain.   However, things can't get better if you give up.   Please try doing NxStage home dialysis at a slower speed and more dialysis time.  Most patients do it at night while they are sleeping so they can have the whole day to themselves.  It will help to get rip of the pain.   At least give it a try first to see if this is the solution.  It worked for a lot of patients and changed our life completely.   Please Wolfken, give it a try and I know you will start to feel a lot better.   Please do not give up!!! :bow;

Dailysis patient for since 1999 and still kicking it strong.  I was called for a transplant but could not get it due to damage veins from extremely high blood pressure.  Have it under control now, on NxStage System but will receive dailysis for the rest of my life.  Does life sucks because of this.  ABOLUTELY NOT!  Life is what you make it good, bad, sick, or healthy.  Praise God I'm still functioning as a normal person just have to take extra steps.
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2010, 03:03:08 PM »

Oh Wolfken , ive tried many times to pm you , maybe this is why you never replied? No lectures , no advice . May your spirit run free , your heart be less heavy and peace be with you always . Kickstart x

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
mm2010

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2010, 03:21:12 PM »

It is with a very heavy heart that I am writing this post.  I am not sure I know how one comes to the point where the decision to stop dialysis becomes the best option.  I wonder how many of the IHD family have been in this situation in the past, yet, they continue with their lifesaving routine, to live another day.  I have no words to express how sad this decision makes me.  I have no way to express how the loss of this great native man will impact our future.  It is my true hope, that somehow, the IHD community will rally in support of Ken, and find a way to keep him with us. 

Ken, we are all here, hoping that somehow you will find the strength and the determination to reconsider.  Please post, so we know you are still with us. 
Your new friend,
Mark

Mark ( aka mm2010 ) Sunderland Ontario, Canada
2009-10-26:Diagnosed with IgA nephropathy.
2010-12-10:Started high doses of Prednisone, 70mg daily.
2011-01-06:Prednisone reduced to 35 mg every other day, Myfortic 720mg daily. eGFR 40.
MOTD:A house is not a home without a dog.
cariad
Elite Member

What's past is prologue

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2010, 03:44:48 PM »

Mark, I can tell you that I went back and forth on how to respond to Ken's post. I would gladly rally round Ken or any one else on IHD and encourage them to live, offer any small amount of help that I may be able to give across the miles, as I'm sure most members would happily do. It took a lot of resolve for me to wish him well with his decision because there does come a point where further treatment is no longer worthwhile, and really only Ken can tell us when he has reached this point. He is so young - my husband's age - and it devastates me that it has come to this for him. I hope that he knows that he can always change his mind and we would all celebrate and welcome him back. I read his posts to my husband many times - did I detect a cry for help, or the peace that often goes along with this decision? It is honestly impossible to tell without knowing him very well.

Ken, I hope you will consult with doctors and try to find answers to your pain. I hope you are still reading so you can see how many people wish you only the best.

However, I think that supporting members through these heart breaking decisions is part of what IHD does best. We are the people that will go to these dark places with you and not look away.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. - Philo of Alexandria

People have hope in me. - John Bul Dau, Sudanese Lost Boy
Mizar

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2010, 04:56:26 PM »

Cariad, Your last Sentence, said, it all.  We Laugh on this Site, We Joke and Poke at each other, but this Site is so Unique. We have been given, the Special Privilege, of sharing, with, Strangers, our, most Personal Moments. When People on here, say they are Ill, they are. When they say, they are Hurting, Emotionally, they are. We are a " Family " all going through the same thing. To share things, with Strangers, that You would not even share, with, Family Members, Involves a lot of Trust. I for One, feel Honored, that this Man, this Stranger, would, feel Secure, enough on this Site, to share, the most " Important Decision of His Life " If this is the Decision, He has Chosen, over all others, I Respect that and Will, say a Prayer, for a Safe end to His Journey.
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2010, 03:20:22 AM »

I have been wondering:

Wolfken has put his posts “I am ready to go” & “the party is over” originally into the “Introduction”.

His two posts have now been removed to the “General Discussion” and I wonder if we can make sure
that he knows his posts have been removed to the "General Discussion" so that he easily can locate our thoughts?

I mention this because he is certainly not well and it might be difficult in his situation to realize
that his posts have been removed from “Introduction” to “General Discussion”?

I don’t know if he would automatically receive notification of this?

Just wondering because it would be so sad if he could not find our thoughts...

Kind regards from Kristina.

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Deanne
Elite Member

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2010, 09:34:08 AM »

According to his stats, he hasn't logged in since he posted his "goodbye" messages. I hope he has/had a peaceful passing.

Deanne

1972: Diagnosed with "chronic kidney disease" (no specific diagnosis)
1994: Diagnosed with FSGS
September 2011: On transplant list with 15 - 20% function
September 2013: ~7% function. Started PD dialysis
February 11, 2014: Transplant from deceased donor. Creatinine 0.57 on 2/13/2014
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »