I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 13, 2024, 01:24:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Anyone in the Pacific NW area?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone in the Pacific NW area?  (Read 1571 times)
KevinSherwin

New to the group and yes I HATE DIALYSIS

« on: December 20, 2010, 01:11:26 PM »

I would like to find a support group in the Pacific NW seattle area.  Does anybody know of any groups in this area?
Kevin Seattle, WA

Have a great day the choice is yours!
tyefly
Elite Member

This will be me...... Next spring.... I earned it.

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 01:53:27 PM »

try this site

http://www.nwkidney.org/

IgA Nephropathy   April 2009
CKD    May 2009
AV Fistula  June 2009
In-Center Dialysis   Sept 2009
Nxstage    Feb 2010
Extended Nxstage March 2011

Transplant Sept 2, 2011

Hello from the Oregon Coast.....

I am learning to live close to the lives of my friends without ever seeing them. No miles of any measurement can separate your soul from mine.
- John Muir

The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.
- John Muir
Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 06:00:07 PM »

There are a number of us who live in the Puget Sound region, I've threatened to have a NW IHD meetup but I've never tried to put one together.

We have had Patient Lifestyle Conferences for the last three years in a row. The last one was in August in Federal Way. These are supported by the Renal Support Network and are produced by volunteers.

http://www.billpeckham.com  "Dialysis from the sharp end of the needle" tracking  industry news and trends - in advocacy, reimbursement, politics and the provision of dialysis
Incenter Hemodialysis: 1990 - 2001
Home Hemodialysis: 2001 - Present
NxStage System One Cycler 2007 - Present
        * 4 to 6 days a week 30 Liters (using PureFlow) @ ~250 Qb ~ 8 hour per treatment FF~28
rfranzi

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 07:30:27 PM »

Hi there - I am relatively new, am pre-dialysis and focusing on slowing the progression at the moment. I am in Bellevue, Washington. I have been looking for a support group myself. I attended a nutrition class at the NW Kidney Center and heard they had a cooking class, will check into it after the holiday. I am interested in getting together with others over coffee sometime, or attending a more formal support group if you find one!
KarenInWA
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 08:50:14 PM »

There are a number of us who live in the Puget Sound region, I've threatened to have a NW IHD meetup but I've never tried to put one together.

C'mon, Bill!  Let's do it!!!! (should we wait until all threats of La Nina are over?)

Kevin, I live just north of Seattle in Bothell.  I'm pre-D/pre-transplant (all in how you look at it, right?) holding onto what precious function I have left.  Like you, I too work full time, though mine is a sit-down job.  My main, #1 goal in all of this is to hold onto that job despite my kidneys failing.  I will NOT let kidney failure get me down! (and oh, how I've struggled with that...)  I am also 37.  There is another man our age in the PNW who is one year post-transplant that has posted here.  The one thing that I have benefitted from in having this wretched disease is I have made friends that I never would have made otherwise.  It is nice to know that something so awful can indeed have the completely opposite bright side.  This also includes friends from around the world.  That is what makes IHD priceless!

KarenInWA

1996 - Diagnosed with Proteinuria
2000 - Started seeing nephrologist on regular basis
Mar 2010 - Started Aranesp shots - well into CKD4
Dec 1, 2010 - Transplant Eval Appt - Listed on Feb 10, 2012
Apr 18, 2011 - Had fistula placed at GFR 8
April 20, 2011 - Had chest cath placed, GFR 6
April 22, 2011 - Started in-center HD. Continued to work FT and still went out and did things: live theater, concerts, spend time with friends, dine out, etc
May 2011 - My Wonderful Donor offered to get tested!
Oct 2011  - My Wonderful Donor was approved for surgery!
November 23, 2011 - Live-Donor Transplant (Lynette the Kidney gets a new home!)
April 3, 2012 - Routine Post-Tx Biopsy (creatinine went up just a little, from 1.4 to 1.7)
April 7, 2012 - ER admit to hospital, emergency surgery to remove large hematoma caused by biopsy
April 8, 2012 - In hospital dialysis with 2 units of blood
Now: On the mend, getting better! New Goal: No more in-patient hospital stays! More travel and life adventures!
KevinSherwin

New to the group and yes I HATE DIALYSIS

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 11:54:49 PM »

It's nice to see a few replies from the NW.  I missed the meeting in federal way this year but I will definetly make next years.  Im totally into getting together with whoever wants to meet up.  Ive only met one other person on PD.  There's something about meeting others that are going down the same path as you or are about to go down that path.  To me it's very bonding to share something with someone that nobody else understands.  I have a very supporting family and work environment but they dont understand like you do!  Karen you have the right attitude about not losing your job because of this disease I wish you the best.  Im not much of a planner so if one of you is good at that part run with it and I will attend.  I hope eveyone has a wonderful Xmas and a happy new year!  YES I will have a few drinks on New Years I atleast deserve that!
Kevin Seattle WA

Have a great day the choice is yours!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »