I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 08:19:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  How to keep up with daily life
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to keep up with daily life  (Read 3025 times)
BigD_and_dont_mean_Dallas

« on: October 27, 2010, 07:36:53 PM »

Hi everyone!

I am student teaching right now, after a long, hard struggle to finish college after kidney.  I switched to home hemo  about 2 years ago, hoping it would help.  While I do feel better I am still tired ALOT!  By time I get done teaching and come home it is time to do supper and then get dialysis stuff ready.  There is really no time during the week to do daily house stuff like dishes and laundry and just everyday cleaning.   I feel so overwhelmed!  I try to do everything on the weekends but again by time the weekend is here I am too tired to care that the house looks like it was hit by a tornado.  Do I just need to priortize my time better?  Can anyone else keep up?  Any suggestion...I am open.  Thanks!
VintageVera

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 01:48:58 PM »

HELLO: I have chronic fatigue syndrome and for many years have struggled with the same issues you're going through. Most important, I've learned not to care so much about having a messy place. Also I break tasks down into parts so I'm not overwhelmed. Doing laundry is a good example of this. I take one day to wash and dry and another day to fold and put away. Having a dishwasher and my own washer and dryer are blessings. Finding easier ways to do things is also good. Instead of vacuuming often, I have a sweeper that works almost as well with less effort. Hope this helps. LOVE, VERA
woodsman

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 04:03:44 PM »

Sometimes you need to make thing a bit more simple. Try using paper plates and cups, this will cut down on dishes and just leave pots/pans. Try having some help come in maybe once a week or so. Sometimes paying someone to help out is the way to go. Set aside some time for doing laundry and if you feel tired then let it go to the next day or even later.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 04:45:46 PM »

Sometimes you need to make thing a bit more simple. Try using paper plates and cups, this will cut down on dishes and just leave pots/pans. Try having some help come in maybe once a week or so. Sometimes paying someone to help out is the way to go. Set aside some time for doing laundry and if you feel tired then let it go to the next day or even later.

Well, look at you, woodsman...you have turned your first corner.  Here you are GIVING advice.  See, you're a pro already! :clap;

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
woodsman

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 07:19:22 PM »

Well, look at you, woodsman...you have turned your first corner.  Here you are GIVING advice.  See, you're a pro already! :clap;

lol  Just trying to help out!!!  :cheer: cheerleader of sorts...   
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »