I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:42:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  New Year's Resolutions?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Year's Resolutions?  (Read 4747 times)
mallory

« on: December 18, 2006, 10:09:53 AM »

Before you know it, Christmas will be over and it will be a new year.  Anyone making any New Year's resolutions?  I always make the same ones; to lose weight, to pay off all my bills, and to be more organized.  Then, depending on how ambitious I'm feeling, I'll add some more, like, stop swearing, pay off all my bills and save money, lose weight and get physically fit by exercising, etc.

I guess the fact that I keep making the same resolutions shows you that I'm not very good at keeping my resolutions, but I always make them.  Anyone else got some good ones they're working on for this year?

Sometimes the light’s all shinin’ on me;
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it’s been.
                                  - Jerry Garcia
Lucinda

Life is great!

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 11:29:39 AM »

Hi Mallory.....My New Year's Resolution last year was to never have another New Year's Resolution.  We never know where life is taking us so why put the pressure on!  Every day I have a new day's resolution depending on how I feel physically.  If I wake up feeling well then I push myself to take the dog for a walk, eat a little less comfort food and earn a dollar at work.....but if I feel ill, I just say bugger it.....it can wait until tomorrow.  Having short term daily resolutions is much easier and you are less likely to break them.  One year is a long time in the resolution scheme of things so now I opt for daily resolutions.  Cheers, Lucinda.
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 12:47:15 PM »

Lose the other half of the weight I need to get off.  Make enough quilts to rent a booth at a craft show in the spring.  Use up as much of my fabric library as I can, so I don't have to spend money on making the quilts.  I also want to start making teddy bears again.  I have a lot of supplies for them, so I could make them and sell them without spending money on materials.  I could kill two birds with one stone - clear out things from my storage area, and make money to pay off bills at the same time.

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 01:31:46 PM »

Get on the damned transplant list!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 10:24:50 PM »

This years New Years Resolutions are to work on starting last years Resolutions, (if only i could remember what they were) *scratches head* :-\

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 04:44:04 AM »

My New Years resolution is to figure out away to earn more money so I can visit all my new friends from IHD once in awhile.
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 05:56:51 PM »

My resolution last year was to eat more doughnuts----knowing that was the only resolution I would keep! This year -- to get Johns Hopkins to accept me in their positive crossmatch transplant program.  Mmmmm-- they have been evaluating my file for 6 months now --- probably won't be keeping that resolution. :-\

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 05:59:40 PM »

I hope you the best.... :cuddle;
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 06:00:37 PM »

My resolution last year was to eat more doughnuts----knowing that was the only resolution I would keep! This year -- to get Johns Hopkins to accept me in their positive crossmatch transplant program.  Mmmmm-- they have been evaluating my file for 6 months now --- probably won't be keeping that resolution. :-\

Dont give up Paris, we are all hoping the best for you  :2thumbsup;

www.kidneyoogle.com
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 06:24:47 PM »

If I can keep moving oward with the transplant issues you can too.  One foot, now put the other one forward...keep going!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
mcjane

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 05:46:47 PM »

I don't remember my last years resolutions, in fact I don't think I made any.

In the past any I made only lasted a day.    :lol;
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 05:58:00 PM »

I don't remember my last years resolutions, in fact I don't think I made any.

In the past any I made only lasted a day.    :lol;

My problem is, in the past, i always made a resolution but never knew when to start it, i always said on the 2nd cuz on the 1st, we are still partying, lol, then when i tell someone that i started on the second, they say, so why bother, you already broke it, i should've started on the first :P  so i grab my beer and my peace pipe and continue to break my resolution... (sigh)  :-\

www.kidneyoogle.com
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 07:34:38 PM »

I'm starting with the top 2 goals for everyone: lose weight and make money!   :lol;

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
downranger

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2006, 08:43:29 PM »

hi mallory, my resolutions are to stop drinking and smoking,just kidding. I would like to lose 5 kilos and get on the
recip. list. Also, try to eat what i'm supposed to, which is the hardest thing to do!!!

sell everything and save yourself!!!!
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2006, 08:36:16 PM »

Another good resolution for me is to follow the doctors orders a little better. ha >:D
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2006, 04:32:06 AM »

I HAVE to make resolutions this year.  I need to take my Phoslo regularly and my Lipitor.  I am very bad at taking medication, and I am scared about what the results of that could be.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
mallory

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2007, 09:36:24 AM »

I HAVE to make resolutions this year. I need to take my Phoslo regularly and my Lipitor. I am very bad at taking medication, and I am scared about what the results of that could be.

Bajanne2000, you MUST keep your resolution, this is an important one.  We want you to be around forever, so please take your medications.

Sluff, Downranger and Sara,   I hear you; follow the doctors orders, lose weight, eat better, get on the transplant list, and make more money.  Those are good resolutions for me, too.

My problem is, in the past, i always made a resolution but never knew when to start it, i always said on the 2nd cuz on the 1st, we are still partying, lol, then when i tell someone that i started on the second, they say, so why bother, you already broke it, i should've started on the first :P so i grab my beer and my peace pipe and continue to break my resolution... (sigh) :-\

Goofynina, That's so funny, because I do that, too.  You can't start a resolution on New Years Day, because it's a holiday.  And then on the 2nd, I just think, "Oh well, I already messed up, so what the heck!"  I'm really not good at resolutions, but I wish I was!

Sometimes the light’s all shinin’ on me;
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it’s been.
                                  - Jerry Garcia
jasperkat

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2007, 10:06:26 AM »

I agree with Kitkatz - get on that transplant list!!!
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2007, 03:30:46 PM »

I will hereby confess that I've only made one New Year's Resolution that ever stuck for any length of time. 

I used to collect all kinds of knick-knacks.  I had a collection of teddy bears, a collection of mice, a bunch of collector's dolls, far too many stuffed animals of assorted breeds, a collection of antique and handcrafted wooden boxes, more jewelry than I'll ever wear, and enough holiday decorations to cover an entire wing at the White House all by myself.  Then I moved into the world's smallest apartment, and I had no room for anything!  I started weeding out my collections, and resolved not to buy another knickknack ever again, not matter how cute.  For some reason, that resolution stuck.  If I'm looking at something in a store, and I like it, I always ask myself if it's "clutter" and if it is, it goes back on the shelf.  I usually get enough knickknacks as gifts through the year to keep me from feeling like I'm deprived, anyhow, and since I do a lot of crafts, I can always make some if I really want a new item to display.

That was 1993, and I've been knickknack free ever since.  Now if only I could figure out how I managed that, and apply it to my diet!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »