I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2024, 03:35:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goofynina & Epoman MEET AT LONG LAST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goofynina & Epoman MEET AT LONG LAST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 52119 times)
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« on: December 17, 2006, 02:20:21 AM »

:o :o :o :o :o

Get ready...... :popcorn;

Well it was bound to happen, Goofynina and Epoman met at long last. :o OMG Did the earth tremble when these two met? Did a fight break out? Did the two admins try to ban each other? Nope. We were able to do something that we both wanted to do for a long time and that was to give each other a hug. I remember when goofynina first joined IHD, and after I read her first post I knew I would like her, I mean after you took out all the swear words you had a very good first post (that was for your enjoyment susie)  ;) Anyway over the months goofynina and I have become like brother and sister on IHD, and in real life we have become good friends.

Goofynina, came to Southern California to visit her brother and his family for the holidays, and she still made an extra hour and half drive to come to my house to visit me, and to me that means a lot. Of course I think the promises of me stuffing her with Tito's Taco's if she came to visit me had something to do with it as well.  ;)

Goofynina also came to visit me to bring me a very special gift from another member, but it is so special I will save it for a thread of it's own. Because I believe it deserves it's own thread. That thread will be coming soon. Keep an eye out for it. It LITERALLY BLEW ME AWAY!  :o

Here is how the day went, when goofynina and her brother arrived we just sat and talked for a couple of hours and had a great time. Then it was time to go on a mission. Well, I will just let the pictures do the talking......

Goofynina and Epoman meet at Epomans home.

Then we headed over to where else? but of course "Tito's Taco's.

Here is picture of the side of Tito's Taco's.

We got our order, Tito's "Specialty" shredded Beef, hard shell taco's with lots of cheese.

The first bite for a Tito's "VIRGIN" mouth. The moment of truth. Will she love it or hate it? Have I been hyping up Tito's all this time for nothing? Do they suck?

YES! She LOVED them. I never doubted it for a moment.

Pictured from left to right: John (goofyninas brother), Epoman, Epokid, and of course goofynina. Not pictured was EpoWife, hey someone had to take the picture.

Here is EpoWife.

Tito's KICKED our ASS. I think I heard my dietitian crying. How the hell did that chip get on my hat?

We had a HELL of a good time. I believe goofynina had 4 Tacos, Epoman had 4, John had 6, EpoKid had 2, and EpoWife had 2. Plus we had chips and salsa. Then for "desert" we headed over to "Cielito Lindo" located in "Olvera Street" in Downtown Los Angeles for Taquitos. They have been around since the 1930's and it is a landmark in Los Angeles dining. Susie and John were so full of Tito's, but I forced them to try 2 each, they LOVED them. I would like to add, I always new Susie AKA "goofynina" is a hell of a good person and now that I have met her in person, I know it for a FACT and I had the pleasure of meeting her brother John who is a very, very cool guy and I am glad I got a chance to meet him. I am so glad I got to met BOTH of them in fact. So in the end goofynina agreed that Tito's Taco's ROCK and she loved them, she also loved the taquitos from "Cielito Lindo". I just know she will be sitting back home in Central California, and have a craving for Tito's or Cielito Lindo.

Here are some links to the two places that I took goofynina and her brother to. I am sure most of you have seen the Tito's link before.  >:D

Tito's Taco's: http://www.titostacos.com (turn your volume down) Be sure to view the TV commercial.
Cielito Lindo: http://cielitolindo.org/ - This place is WORLD famous.

Well, I hope you enjoyed reading this post and viewing the pictures as much as I enjoyed creating it. So it looks like now I FINALLY have a member who has tried Tito's Taco's and they can vouch for their awesomeness.  :thumbup; By the way this is NOT the "Surprise" that I mentioned in this thread http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=2041.0 That surprise is coming soon and I am very excited about it.

In closing I would like to say that I feel sad that goofynina and I met on IHD because we both suffer from kidney disease, however if we didn't have kidney disease, we would have most likely never have met. And by meeting goofynina, I am a better person.

- Epoman
Friend of goofynina

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 02:37:10 AM »

Too cool you guys! Glad you all got to meet, looks like great fun.

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
tamara
Elite Member

WOO HOO NEW KIDNEY PEEING !!!(Transplant 23/10/07)

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 02:38:22 AM »

Congratulations to you both for meeting each other. Two Special People who make this site great, meeting each other can only make this site GREATER!
:clap; :2thumbsup; :thumbup;

ABO Incompatible Transplant from my loving Partner 23/10/07
after over four years on the D Machine 

Dialysis Sucks and Transplants Don't.................So Far Anyway !!!!!
susie q

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 04:45:05 AM »

That is soooo awesome.... I love it!!   :2thumbsup; :clap; :clap; :clap; :clap;
Wizard

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 06:12:39 AM »

Looks like ya'll had an excellent time! The tacos look fantastic!
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 06:48:33 AM »

Looks like the Taco shells won!! Funny..
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 06:49:53 AM »

WOOHOO, looks like you guys had an amazing time!  I'm glad you got to meet, and I'm jealous of the Tito's Tacos, they look really good!  I love the photo of you 2 after the tacos kicked your asses.  :lol;

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 07:29:29 AM »

:beer1; :beer1; :beer1; :beer1;

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
Nan

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 08:32:16 AM »

Great story and adventure! I got soooooooooo hungry reading and looking at the pictures, how fun to finally meet each other, thanks for sharing your story....WISH you coulda shared some of those TACO'S!!!!!!!

No matter how your heart is grieving....as long as you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true!
Diagnosed with PKD in 1994
Started HEMO dialysis June 2006
Started Home Dialysis on cycler February 2007
Had Live donor transplant February 2008
Fighter

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 11:53:00 AM »

It's good to see you both in the same picture. I also liked the one where you try your best to look ass-kicked after eating all those taco's, after such an orgy that there are chips all over the place, including your cap, glasses...  ;D
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 01:19:18 PM »

Oh man! Now Epoman looks human!! Just teasing ya! It is just good seeing those pics! Those pics were really really good! Makes me want to see more pics! Hey that reminds me! When is that "IHD get-together" going to happen??  :2thumbsup; :clap; :pics;

I really like those pics! And NOW I finally know what Tito Tacos looks like that all you in Cali keep talking about :P
I really love that last pic!!! Did anyone notice that chip in GoofyNina's glasses?? What did you guys DO? Have a food fight? lol :clap;

Did I meantion.. I like those pics??  :thumbup;
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 12:29:08 PM by angieskidney » Logged

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 02:33:37 PM »

Coolio! Now when do I get Tito's Tacos??   I am glad you all met.  Next time you are down SO. CA way call me.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
charee
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 03:19:06 PM »

What a great time you had looks like it was  alot of fun, nice to see Epowife in a photo too. :2thumbsup;

Home Hemo  18 months
Live donor transplant 28th October 2008
from my beautiful sister
Royal Prince Alfred Sydney Australia

Live donors rock
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2006, 04:09:23 PM »

Nice pictures!! glad you guys finally met!
omg that food looks great. We don't really have that many places that sells good tacos here!! :thumbdown; actually i cant think of one!

Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2006, 04:10:15 PM »

WOW!  I was so excited when I first heard about this meeting!  And now I am so pleased at how it came off!  Two very special people meeting for the first time!  GREAT!!!!  Thanks for sharing it with us, and especially with pictures.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
jedimaster

Stainboy is....alive!!!

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2006, 05:52:36 PM »

good for you two  :beer1;
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2006, 07:06:22 PM »

Awesome!!!!!!! The taco's look soo yummy... incase nobody knows im obsessed with tacos... there my fav.  :2thumbsup;

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
mcjane

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2006, 07:52:12 PM »

In closing I would like to say that I feel sad that goofynina and I met on IHD because we both suffer from kidney disease, however if we didn't have kidney disease, we would have most likely never have met. And by meeting goofynina, I am a better person.

Such a nice thing to say, Epoman & very true.

You guys look like your having a great time, love the pictures & it's nice to see Mrs Epo too.

Are those Tacos as good as Taco Bell  ???
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2006, 09:19:03 PM »

They have to be way better than Crapo Bell!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2006, 07:22:15 AM »

Very cool, sounds like you two had a great time.

It's not easy being green.
mallory

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2006, 08:39:39 AM »

Wooooooohoooooo!   That's so cool!  Glad you two finally got to meet, it looks like it was fun.  I wish we could have a big IHD get-together at Tito Taco's, it would be GREAT! :clap; :2thumbsup; :beer1;

Sometimes the light’s all shinin’ on me;
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it’s been.
                                  - Jerry Garcia
nextnoel

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2006, 10:30:24 AM »

You guys are a hoot!  I'm so glad you let us in on your adventures!  You must have behaved yourselves reasonably well - I didn't see any special news bulletins on TV about you!

Congrats on the summit/taco meeting! :clap;

I can't reach the hill like I used to, but I'm not at a standstill yet!
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2006, 12:30:18 PM »

You must have behaved yourselves reasonably well - I didn't see any special news bulletins on TV about you!
lol did you see where the tacos ended up? I still want to know if they had a food fight? lol :P   :rofl;

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2006, 01:34:07 PM »

Hello IHD Family,  I AM HOME!!! :2thumbsup;  I have missed you all so much but as you all know by now, i went on a mission.  (oh, and before i go any further, i need to clarify one thing,  that whole thing about camera's adding 10 pounds on you is a load of crap, looks like it added a helluva lot more on me dammit, AND, just to let you all know,  there were TWO cameras so thats why i look like that dammit) :P freaken Tae-Bo tapes aint doing me a bit of good huh?  well, maybe if i put them in and watched them they would  :P ::)  OK, on with the mission.  I went to Palmdale (drove 4 hours all by myself) to my brothers house on Wednesday and had an awesome time (it was my first trip since being on PD)  and Lord knows i needed it.  My sister-in-law, Susan and the kids Ian and Amanda, always make me feel so welcomed and they spoil me rotten, of course so does my brother too ;)  anyways,  on Saturday our real journey began, off to meet the man behind IHD.  I was so nervous and anxious, excited and just overwhelmed that i was actually on my way to meet him.  We have become very close over the months and i just knew it was time.   We found the house very easily and then it happend, we met, there he was just as awesome and cool as he can ever be  8)   When i hugged him it felt as if we had known each other forever,  Trina, (his wife) and Nick (his son) are just as awesome as he is.  Just so laid back and cool.  I cant explain it, it was just PERFECT.  We all got along so well and Nick, he is just as cute as he can be.  He gave me a Christmas Tree cuz i told him i wasnt going to have one this year, i wanted to cry (thank God i didnt) ;)  We all sat around and talked and enjoyed the fact that this was finally happening the time just flew by, then,  it was Tito's Taco Time,   We all got in Epoman's car and he drove (yes, he drove)  :o (and quite well i might add) :)  us all to Tito's,  the very minute we got out of the car, my bro and i couldnt get over how good the food smelled (and we were still in the parking lot) :P   there were so many people there, never have i been to a "taco place"  that has been so packed like that.  I mean, it was raining and people were still waiting outside in line (crazy huh)  We went in and amazingly enough we found a table, well, we had to wait a while but we beat this old couple to the back and got it, lol, just kidding (they were kinda young)  j/k.   Trina went up and ordered for us, and we waited, the smell was so awesome i just knew they were going to be something special.  And alas, there they were,  i took my first bite and i could've sworn i heard a harp playing ;)  Before i knew it that taco was gone and Bill was putting another one on my plate, then another and another,  (of course i did take my binders with me) DID YOU GET A LOAD OF ALL THAT CHEESE)??   Damn, it taste so damn good though,  those Tacos were AWESOME (but i think i liked the company better) ;)  after all was said and done and the tacos kicking our asses, Bill drove us over to another little Mexican hotspot called El Cielito Lindo,  ohhhh man,  i was so full, but, i couldnt let Bill down, afterall, he did drive us all the way over there right? ;)  he got me and my brother 2 taquito's each.  Now normally you dip taquitos in guacamole,  but not here,  here, they are swimming in this green chili,  ABSOLUTE BOMB.  It was sooo good, and hella hot, but naturally, being the good friend that i am, i got them both down (like it was  hard to do, puhlease) :P      Then we headed home (Bill's home that is)  Let me tell you it is amazing to see how Bill and Trina and Nick all work together,  they got it down good,  the teamwork they have is awesome.   We got back to the house and talked a little more, Nick even brought out these things that you put Marshmellows in and blow and the marshmellows come flying out, we had a good time shooting each other with those, well, i guess you can say i was the target, lol.   (yes, the sitting duck)  but i loved every minute of it.  Damn, time just flew by so fast, it was getting late and we still had a drive back to Palmdale, so, we said our good-byes.   OH, i didnt mention i got to meet Nicks Hamsters also, cute as can be, yep yep,     Well my friends,  that is just a little of how my mission went, i cant even begin to tell you how much we laughed and teased each other (sorry, your gonna have to buy the book to know all that) ;)  lol,  I want to end this by telling Bill, Trina and Nick, THANK YOU, for your kindness and your hospitality.  You all are great people and i am so proud to be considered your friend.    Hey, would'ya look at that, i think i found some cheese in my hair  :D  that was soooo fun...  Love You Guys,    Goofynina/Susie :cuddle;   

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
nextnoel

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2006, 01:42:12 PM »

It's so easy to see you grinning as you wrote that description of your "mission".  I'm so glad you had such a great time.

And you've confirmed for me what I've always suspected - good Tacos and good friends are hard to find, but oh boy, when you do, whooo-hoooooo! :2thumbsup;

By the way, since I'm blonde, I'm assuming cheese would just blend in with my hair, right?

I can't reach the hill like I used to, but I'm not at a standstill yet!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »