I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 02:31:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Blimey things are changing !
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blimey things are changing !  (Read 2923 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: September 24, 2010, 08:22:49 AM »

Me wonders if Matron has actually dont more than i anticipated yesterday ! I've just had a phone call from the hospital , you know all my problems with dialysis  and very little action being taken. Well they've just rung me telling me not to drive in tomorrow as they are putting me on Morphine for my session ! Wow ..good and bad i know , but pain free? if only ..x'd

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 08:53:26 AM »

Yippie!!!!!!....

Great news, KS..... See if the morphine helps.... I look forward to hearing if it works....

Love...

Darth...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 09:34:03 AM »

I hope you have someone who can drive you in and then come get you.

:pray;

thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 09:54:40 AM »

it's about time something happened.  i just hope the morphine isn't overkill.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 10:08:53 AM »

If you are sensitive to it like me, problem nurse won't bother you at all because you will immediately fall asleep!

About time they did something!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 10:21:55 AM »

I wish you luck with that one. Seems a bit drastic.  Let us know how you go on.
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 02:44:18 PM »

I hope you have someone who can drive you in and then come get you.

:pray;

The hospital provide transport !
Yes it does seem like a last resort , but i cant take alot of painkillers , i get a bad reaction to them , still its better than the last resort of no dialysis !  Im willing to give anything a go right now to be pain free , ive had that pain in my head for 2 days now and been  :puke; all day today

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 02:46:49 PM »

Just don't  :puke; on your keyboard.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 04:01:22 AM »

So how did you go on yesterday?
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 04:30:54 AM »

Hope it all went okay yesterday.  Did the morphine help?

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 06:23:06 AM »

Possibly one of the worst session ive had so far !  ::) They called me in an hour early as a machine was free ...yay!  >:( I got on later than i normally do. I had to hang around for an hour and half after all that . They decided to try me with a different artificial kidney, to see if i was having a reaction to that ...nope ! Im managed to do my 4 hours without my morphine , but not through choice ! As usual the pain started to show signs of kicking in so i called the nurse over and he decided to start pressing buttons on my machine and keep me talking for 20 mins or so . I asked him what he was changing on my machine as we had already agreed the set up for yesterday , some speeds reduced etc, and basically he came out with a load of waffle, i dont think he realized how much i knew about the machine. Anyway we stopped the fluid for 20 mins to see if that changed anything and my BVM started to rise, so i started to pull fluid off again and bang the pain kicked in. By this time i only had that 'last' hour to do , so i called another nurse over, she asked me lots of questions , in the nicest way to see if she could come up with any ideas.By the time we had finished , i decided not to have the morphine because it takes half hour to kick in (its not iv) so that would have left me with 12mins to do ...not worth it . By now the pain was as bad as ever and the nurse came to take me off, now i was coughing a lot so tried to keep my head turned out of the way while she was taking me off (tunnel line in neck) I thought she had finished and turned to see , only to see from my lines she hadnt given me any washback , great! Not only that ive recently had 2 blood transfusions and a good % of my blood was still in those lines ! I stood up to go and the room started spinning and my left eye was very blurred (good job i wasnt driving!) Anyway i made it out and had a good drink of water. When i got home the pain was so bad i was going crazy. I took 2 clonazepam , which chilled me out a bit and the pain started to lift a bit. Luckily today im ok  :2thumbsup; Im going to make sure i get the morphine on tuesday , but i studied my machine so much yesterday and i will put money on it , its the shift in fluid that is doing this , if thats the case im stuffed ...arent i ?

billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 10:37:26 AM »

I was hoping you would have had an easier ride with the morphine. KS I do not know what to say, it sounds awful what you are going through.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »