I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 05:37:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Slow is the new fast!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slow is the new fast!  (Read 1523 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: July 15, 2010, 02:39:14 PM »

Or so it seems when anything non dialysis related needs doing at our hospital ! For over 6 months now i have had a constant cough and the usual breathing problems , all of which have been put down to fluid. Regardless i KNEW it wasnt , it isnt the same feeling . Finally the cough has got so bad i cant say 2 words without nearly coughing my guts up and whayhay the nurses noticed ! Anyway to cut a long story short ..been for loads of tests , deffo not fluid overload , lungs clear. Seen my neph and its COPD , treatment is inhalers (i know because my mum has it) Do i get inhalers? oh no ..i get a four week wait for an appt to see the guy that will give me the inhalers ........arrrrrrgh !

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 12:08:13 AM »

( sitting here shaking my head and trying not to laugh). That could only happen to you KS. For crying out loud, any Dr. can write a RX for the inhalers. Apparently not yours tho. GEEZ!!!!!

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 06:42:31 AM »

KS, Alan has had this cough for about 6 months, it is one of them tickly coughs that just comes on at any time, especially in bed. He like you has had chest x-rays, which were clear, the doc listened and that was clear, he is not carrying any fluid. He was told it "could be" medication but we do not know which one, they all say "can cause a cough" in the distructions.

Unless you have a COPD test which is available at your doctors or should be.  they are fobbing you off.Two years ago I had a chest infection and was told I had asthma, I disagreed but he gave me an inhaler which I never took, he did not fuc*** listen did he. Ever time I went to see him he asked if my asthma was ok and I kept telling him I did not have it. Low and behold they had a new asthma testing machine and I had to go on it, it took about an hour and guess what I DON'T HAVE FUC*** ASTHMA, I have very mild COPD
taking in to account I am nearly 66 and have been a smoker all my life. So don't get pushed in to an inhaler until they sort it out.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »