I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 07:41:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  our center got bought out
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: our center got bought out  (Read 3084 times)
sullidog
Elite Member

« on: June 07, 2010, 03:43:26 PM »

our company got bought out by USA renal care, anyone ever heard of this company? Hopefully no bad changes.
Troy

May 13, 2009, went to urgent care with shortness of breath
May 19, 2009, went to doctor for severe nausea
May 20, 2009, admited to hospital for kidney failure
May 20, 2009, started dialysis with a groin cath
May 25, 2009, permacath was placed
august 24, 2009, was suppose to have access placement but instead was admited to hospital for low potassium
august 25, 2009, access placement
January 16, 2010 thrombectomy was done on access
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 08:48:21 PM »

Good luck. There is always a time of redevelopment with new people taking over.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
ChickenLittle56

Chickenlittle and Maria

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 07:47:03 AM »

Back in aug'09 when I started dialysis I was going to a Fresenius clinic. A few months before it and several other Neomedica clinics was owned by a group of doctors. When Fresenius took over the clinic there were several changes made, not all at the same time, but gradually. From what the patients that were with the clinic before it changed was that every Thanksgiving they would get a turkey, sometimes on Christmas also. For Christmas they have catered food for the patients. As the years went by it went from that to a turkey sandwich and a drink. The change in the work atmosphere also changed. Just before I left in '08 there were mistrust, bickering and plain complaining between the the nurses, techs and other personnel. The clinic that I go to now, which is also a Fresenius clinic, has some very good people. They are always helping each out whether its putting on, taking off and cleaning and getting the machine ready for the next patient. They are always gelping each other out. I am not saying that it a perfect place because there is a need for some changes.   

As I was coming out the Nephrologist office, I thought the sky was falling.
Knew I was going on dialysis since November 1999.
Had a fistula put in January 2000.
Been on 4-1/2 hour dialysis since August 28, 2001. (They took out 35Kg that single week)

Maria hasbeen on hemodualysis since January, 2005
dialysismomma

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 01:02:36 PM »

I have worked for several clinics that have been bought out By Fresenius and they are a really tough company to work for. They have very strict rules on how things need to be ran. They are in it for the money not for the patients. I also worked for a independent clinic that was owned by wonderful people who were in the clinic all the time then we got bought out by Liberty Dialysis and the first thing they did was come in and cut everyones hours fire the clinic manager and then eventually me and now the home hemo nurse which was awesome. All of this in less than a year. I have never heard of USA dialysis but i can almost guarantee that there will be changes.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »