I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 03:41:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Funeral Sprays?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Funeral Sprays?  (Read 3409 times)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« on: March 09, 2010, 12:05:54 PM »

I hate it when families bring in left over funeral sprays (Flowers) to the dialysis staff for helping their loved one for the years they were there.  Now passed away!

I like flowers but not from the funeral!  Good Grief!   :(

paris
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 01:22:20 PM »

Nothing like a big in your face reminder!!  I hate funeral sprays, even at funerals!  I am sure the families are being kind---but I think it is kind of tacky.  At least put them in a new vase.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 02:56:46 PM »

My inlaws ran an excavating business. My mother in law would rearrange flowers from funerals. It always reminded her that people were loved. She hated to see the flowers thrown in the woods. When I started to date my husband, he would bring me flowers back. At first I was insulted. But as time went on, I realized what my mother inlaw meant. The graveyards were in the small towns around us. So many of the people she knew. She would look at the flowers and remember the people that passed and the loved ones that were left behind. I miss her, she was an incredible woman and had such a love for life.
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 03:22:21 PM »

I'm odd...I'll admit it.  I don't like funeral sprays but I love flowers and I don't like waste.  I have rearranged funeral flowers that would have been thrown away otherwise and they brought me nothing but pleasure.  If throwing them away would make the dead return to life I'd fling them far and fast but no, dead is dead, and flowers just make me feel alive. I'd like it even better if they were plants I could put in the garden.  My most unfavorite are plastic funeral flowers.

At my own funeral however, I'd prefer no flowers...donations to the Kidney Foundation would do very nicely.  I don't want to be embalmed or buried either...geez Louise, fussy even when dead.

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 05:03:07 PM »

With the alter flowers at church (which look similar to funeral sprays) we seperate them into many vases and deliver them to members.  Reuse, but re-vase.    I also think it is a waste to see all those flowers left at the gravesite.  Our Jewish relatives do not believe in sending flowers to funerals.    Rerun, you have us all talking!   

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »