I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2024, 02:53:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  Public wife appreciation
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Public wife appreciation  (Read 9608 times)
Sluff
Member for Life

« on: January 04, 2010, 02:46:36 PM »

I for the life of me don't understand why my wife does the things she does for me. She has taken over all the household chores and responsibilities. She has bought me everything under the sun that I need to have with me in the truck both for comfort and necessity.  All this and I havent a dollar to get her anything for christmas but a few flowers and a measly card I just wanted to publicly say thank you to my wife Christy for all she has done for me and my Son in the last few years. I say thank you but I really have not been able to prove how much I appreciate her and all she has done. I don't know why she loves me or why she puts up with me and all my mistakes and bad decisions sometimes but she keeps on standing there by my side and gets very little in return.
It is a mystery to me but I am one lucky man to have her in my life. I hope someday I can do something right, and do something to repay her for all she has done for me.

I love you Mrs. Sluff

Love
Mr. Sluff
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 03:24:04 PM »

:flower; Awww that's a nice love letter Sluffy!

I love you both!!  :cuddle;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Sunny
Elite Member

Sunny

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 03:34:46 PM »

She sounds like a keeper!

Sunny, 49 year old female
 pre-dialysis with GoodPastures
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 03:54:39 PM »

Well, that brought a tear to my eyes!   She loves you because of who you are; a man with the biggest heart around.  You are the first one to help a friend or stranger.  Tender, kind, open - I am running out of words.   This is a beautiful letter and I am sure Christy will treasure it more than any other gift she ever received.    Love you both   :cuddle;        (be careful on the road)

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Wenchie58
Elite Member

Always carrying the big silly grin!

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 04:45:55 PM »

Maybe, just maybe, she thinks you've got a really hot butt!!  Send pics and let me.....errrrr  us decide!!

Great letter Sluff, you guys are lucky to have each other!

Happy New Year!

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says "Oh s**t, she's awake!"

Right nephrectomy 1963
Diagnosed ESRD 2007
"Listed" summer 2007
Transplant 3/6 match  10/24/08
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 05:11:34 PM »

Maybe, just maybe, she thinks you've got a really hot butt!!  Send pics and let me.....errrrr  us decide!!

Great letter Sluff, you guys are lucky to have each other!

Happy New Year!

You got a point there Wenchie I have been told many times that I have a cute butt...maybe just maybe its true.. :rofl;
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 07:01:05 PM »

That was such a beautiful letter Sluff. Maybe she just loves you because you are a great guy. But, yes, she is a keeper.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
cookie2008

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 08:41:11 PM »

:guitar: :guitar:

Started PD in 11/07
Started Hemo in 7/08
Started NxStage 5/09
fc2821
Elite Member

Just another hamster on the dialysis W.O.F.

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 12:47:14 PM »

:2thumbsup; sluff.

In center hemo dialysis since Feb 14, 2007. 

If I could type properly, I'd be dangerous!

You may be only one person in the universe but you may mean the the universe to someone else.
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 01:40:52 PM »

Some of the best gifts aren't bought with money. She does what she does out of love. I bet you shower her with priceless gifts of love and kindness. You are so sweet.
pamster42000

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 01:46:05 PM »

What a wonderful message. This is the most precious present you could give your wife..... knowing that you appreciate her. She will treasure it forever.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 01:50:39 PM by pamster42000 » Logged
Ang
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2010, 02:43:58 PM »

so  mrs  slufs nickname for  you  could  be  sweet  cheeks :rofl;

live  life  to  the  full  and you won't  die  wondering
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 03:52:51 PM »

Sometimes we just love our men because they are our men!   That was a sweet letter to Mrs. Sluff.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 05:37:33 PM »

What a sweet letter sluff.  Sounds like unconditional love. You are a very lucky man.  The best gifts are the ones from the heart that don't cost any money!!!

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 06:47:30 PM »

Great letter Sluff and I think Christy will take that to heart and appreciate it more than any material gift (as Ramona said). From the heart and simple, but very important to say.

You probably give to her in ways you don't even realise.....

:yahoo; :yahoo; :yahoo;

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
tyefly
Elite Member

This will be me...... Next spring.... I earned it.

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 08:45:07 PM »

Sluff.....  there is alot of work to be done at home and on the road...... I know....  as I have done both....  Trucking is hard work  but staying at home is harder..... I believe.....        the best gift for me is when my hubby gets home and we spend time together.....  sometimes I just go with him to help him load/unload here locally....    its the small things that matter most in life.....  but spending time together when you can is the most important.....   
    Good to talk to another Trucker.........  take care   Kathy    ( the wife at home now)

IgA Nephropathy   April 2009
CKD    May 2009
AV Fistula  June 2009
In-Center Dialysis   Sept 2009
Nxstage    Feb 2010
Extended Nxstage March 2011

Transplant Sept 2, 2011

Hello from the Oregon Coast.....

I am learning to live close to the lives of my friends without ever seeing them. No miles of any measurement can separate your soul from mine.
- John Muir

The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.
- John Muir
sweetpea

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 06:36:25 AM »

I for the life of me don't understand why my wife does the things she does for me. She has taken over all the household chores and responsibilities. She has bought me everything under the sun that I need to have with me in the truck both for comfort and necessity.  All this and I havent a dollar to get her anything for christmas but a few flowers and a measly card I just wanted to publicly say thank you to my wife Christy for all she has done for me and my Son in the last few years. I say thank you but I really have not been able to prove how much I appreciate her and all she has done. I don't know why she loves me or why she puts up with me and all my mistakes and bad decisions sometimes but she keeps on standing there by my side and gets very little in return.
It is a mystery to me but I am one lucky man to have her in my life. I hope someday I can do something right, and do something to repay her for all she has done for me.

I love you Mrs. Sluff

Love
Mr. Sluff

Well stated...I wish MY husband felt the same way about me.  I think you both are very lucky to have each other...
fc2821
Elite Member

Just another hamster on the dialysis W.O.F.

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2010, 09:02:52 AM »

sweetpea,  :grouphug;

In center hemo dialysis since Feb 14, 2007. 

If I could type properly, I'd be dangerous!

You may be only one person in the universe but you may mean the the universe to someone else.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 05:40:23 PM »

I love you Mrs. Sluff

Love
Mr. Sluff

Well stated...I wish MY husband felt the same way about me.  I think you both are very lucky to have each other...

I would bet a dollar against a dog biscuit that someone somewhere feels the same way about you.
sweetpea

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2010, 05:52:13 PM »

thank you sluff. i hope you are right. you sound like a keeper thru and thru
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2010, 06:12:07 AM »

That is the loveliest post I have read all year (+ a bit longer)!  You're obviously both very lucky (not the right word, but I can't think what the right word is) to have each other.  If only there were more men willing to display such public affection (that would be a hint to my Blokey, if only he'd get his butt onto the forum!) the world would be a very happy place.

:2thumbsup;

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2010, 11:24:29 AM »

Awwwwwwwww, Sluff - that was so sweet!  I also want to say how much we appreciate Mrs.Sluff for the way she kept us updated when you were away from us.
We love both of you loads  :grouphug;

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »