I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 01:23:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Christmas Present 2009~
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christmas Present 2009~  (Read 9548 times)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« on: December 21, 2009, 07:22:42 PM »

Does your center do anything for you?

I've gotten blankets, pillows, back scratcher (that was the best)

This year I got a clock picture frame which would be nice if they would leave off the Dialysis Center's name.  Nor would I want a Lipitor clock picture frame.  What are they thinking?  It is not like we are advertising for them!  This is not HONDA days!

I think I'll keep it and when one of them retires I'll wrap it up and give it back!

:waving;

billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 02:35:08 AM »

Tut, Tut, Rerun, all presents should be gratefully received at this time of year, even if they have the centers name on them. At least you are getting some thing. Put it in a draw.
dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 05:54:56 AM »

OMG,  I hate to agree with Rerun but don't give me things that advertise your company.  Especially dialysis things where I'd lilke a little escape when I'm not there.

Hehe, I got a lunch bag (with Davita on it), another throw (with Davita on it -- which is fine cause I'll use it there), a Davita Recipe book and a peppermint candy cane (my favorite part but I already ate it).  Hell, all I wanted was a puppy.

Billy, "put it in a draw" makes no sense to some of us yankees.  lol   Translation please?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 06:15:03 AM by dwcrawford » Logged

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
Stacy Without An E

God's Action Figure

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 11:02:33 AM »

Before Thanksgiving the social worker brought by this new salt substitute that had very little sodium in it.  I had a bowl of hot air popcorn later that night and sprinkled this stuff on it.

An hour after going to bed, I woke up sweating and coughing.  I had a really adverse effect from the stuff, but no one at Dialysis believes me.

The moral to the story: be wary of Dialysis personnel bearing gifts.

Stacy Without An E

1st Kidney Transplant: May 1983
2nd Kidney Transplant: January 1996
3rd Kidney Transplant: Any day now.

The Adventures of Stacy Without An E
stacywithoutane.blogspot.com

Dialysis.  Two needles.  One machine.  No compassion.
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 11:08:46 AM »

When Mum was on haemo, the clinic gave each patient a lovely, Newbridge Silver Christmas Tree ornament... This one...

http://www.presents.ie/product/CD/CD/LW123

It's VERY nice, and but Mum says she doesn't want to go back for another!...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
pamster42000

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 04:26:43 PM »

It's the thought that counts...just keep that in mind.  :)
dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 04:35:34 PM »

Heads up cause this is a joke......

So that's what they think of me???  A spot to write their name or slogan?

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
iketchum

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 04:39:04 PM »

They gave me a big bag of candy knowing I am a diabetic.
pamster42000

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 05:03:38 PM »

ok well maybe dialysis units could probley get a clue....I'll wish you a Merry Christmas....

« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 04:06:01 AM by pamster42000 » Logged
fc2821
Elite Member

Just another hamster on the dialysis W.O.F.

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 06:33:38 PM »

This year I am at a Fresenius.  They gave us a small backpack, would fit my 3 year old grandson (of course with their name on it) inside were a calender, and a renal cook book. 

You may find this funny.  Last year I was at a Davita center and they gave us an athletic type bag, with their logo and name on it, inside were a blanket, pillow (both with their name on them) and a set of yellow plastic headphones.  I take this with me to dialysis everytime.  Easy to carry, has what I need.  I have received a few comments from the staff but no real complaints.  :laugh:

In center hemo dialysis since Feb 14, 2007. 

If I could type properly, I'd be dangerous!

You may be only one person in the universe but you may mean the the universe to someone else.
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2009, 06:42:35 PM »

Tut, Tut, Rerun, all presents should be gratefully received at this time of year, even if they have the centers name on them. At least you are getting some thing. Put it in a draw.

Oh please please please let me get your name next year for Secret Santa~    :rofl;

Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 06:44:52 PM »

It's the thought that counts...just keep that in mind.  :)

Dah!  I'm not stupid.  It is just a dialysis center thing that makes me scratch my head.

thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 09:35:22 AM »

last year i got one of those neck pillow thingies. very usefull despite the fresenius logo. it's something i actually use. this year since i'm traveling, i'm not counting on anything.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 10:00:33 AM »

What gets me is that the "drug" branded stuff like the clock they get for FREE from the drug companies.  That's poor regifting!!!  Drug companies always give crappy stuff with their name on it.  Go figure.

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
nursewratchet

"Either do it, or don't do it, don't try"

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 02:58:35 PM »

I always hated the Christmas gifts they sent for us to give out.  when I protested about it, and said I'd rather give nothing, I was told I was a scrooge.  I bought everyone an ornament.  To go in the Davita bag...

RN, Facility Administrator 2002 to present
RN, Staff Nurse 1996-2002
Vicki
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2009, 05:56:51 PM »

I guess the employees got to choose a gift out of magazine.  No logo stuff on it.  Still cheep when you consider the millions they make off us.

What would be a nice gift?  Maybe a Christmas CD or a new DVD or a nice pair of gloves.  Nothing big, just not a piece of crap, made in China, token logo gift.

tubes

Miss you so much Susie. Will always <3 you!

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2009, 06:20:19 PM »

I always hated the Christmas gifts they sent for us to give out.  when I protested about it, and said I'd rather give nothing, I was told I was a scrooge.  I bought everyone an ornament.  To go in the Davita bag...
That was very nice of you nursewratchet.
My old unit in Ks. the nurses all bought presents for the patients. It wasnt the same thing for every patient. They spent the time and got something that each individual patient would like. I really miss them.
This is my first Christmas in a DaVita unit. We got some ugly green tote. Surprised it wasnt DaVitas' colors. lol
Needless to say, it's already in a dumpster. I don't need junk like that. It just takes up room. I'd rather receive nothing then trash. Either way, we know that DaVita doesnt care about the patients. Complete waste of money. Plus, you never, ever, ever see patients using the crap. Maybe one or two. Totally not worth it.
Sorry, I've yet to find the Christmas spirit.

Bah humbug!

"To be happy is the choice I wish to make in spite of the circumstances that are strewn in my path."

1996 - started incenter hemo
a few months later, started PD
2005 - started incenter hemo
AGAIN
  - on transplant list as of August 7, 2009.
2011/June - 15 years on "D"
Transplant - Tuesday October 18th 2011
dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2009, 01:20:48 AM »

We got that ugly tote too (I think it is insulated for food or something).  But to be fair, Davita is a publically held corporation.  The gas station didn't give me a gift.  My bank did, but it has their name on it and did bits from the dentist, etc.  It's advertisement. 

The rellationships we have are with the employees of Davita not the CEO.  Just as our relationship with a gas station is with our individual owner and not the corporation.

My nurse gave me a personal gift.  (of course it was from her and her boyfriend as he is my friend too).  I gave gifts to them and to the techs that tend to me.  All Individual as they give to me on an everyother day basis.

I know what you  mean about gifts with the logos, etc. feeling inappropriate but again, we really have no personal relationship with the corporation. 

Hanify
Elite Member

Hadija, Athol, Me and Molly at Havelock North 09

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2009, 02:20:52 AM »

My mother once bought a car form a car dealer and would only buy it if they promised to take their logo off the back window!!!  Ha ha.  Imagine how she'd react to logo'd dialysis stuff!  I then met Paul and his brother owned a car yard and she got her next car off him!  But she said she didn't mind advertising him cos he was family.

Diagnosed Nov 2007 with Multiple Myeloma.
By Jan 2008 was in end stage renal failure and on haemodialysis.
Changed to CAPD in April 2008.  Now on PD with a cycler.  Working very part time - teaching music.  Love it.  Husband is Paul (we're both 46), daughter Molly is 13.
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2009, 02:51:16 AM »

Well my Christmas eve dialysis has come and gone, and I received the present I expected - nothing.

Galvo
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2009, 07:44:22 PM »

I got the bright green tote too. I managed to pin the IHD.com button right over the Davita logo. LOL!  I am actually going o use it this year as my bag. The lunch pail I use was getting icky!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Ang
Elite Member

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2009, 10:12:55 PM »

xmas  card :thumbup;

live  life  to  the  full  and you won't  die  wondering
sico

wheres my bike gone?

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2010, 12:25:04 AM »

a nice Christmas card.

Brad      "Got myself a one way ticket, going the wrong way" - Bon Scott

6/11/08 diagnosed with ESRF, dialysis that day

HD and PD

8th of April 2010 Live kidney transplant from my father.
kruep

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2010, 11:02:20 AM »

Rerun,
You're funny you act like someone is going to work for DaVita long enough to retire. hahahha..
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2010, 03:53:23 PM »

Rerun,
You're funny you act like someone is going to work for DaVita long enough to retire. hahahha..

You're right!  Maybe it needs to be a birthday gift!

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »