I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 03:40:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  New Veins Developing ?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Veins Developing ?  (Read 1640 times)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« on: November 25, 2009, 07:54:03 PM »

For those of you that don't know, I've had lots of problems with the veins in my chest closing off.  I've had like 4 perma caths and my fistula was so big that the blood had no way to get back to the body and was pooling in my left breast.... it was huge compared to the other one.  Sorry no  :pics;

In May the Surgeon tried a new thing. He put a tube from my left upper arm fistula across my chest to a good chest vein on my right side.  It seams to work.  The pooling is way less.

But, I've noticed a huge vein developing in my throat.  I told the surgeon this in August, and he said it was just a vein developing.  BUT OMG now it is BIG.  It could be a new access it is so huge.  AND on the side of my face I can feel new veins.  What is happening to me?  I guess my body is just compensating. 

People have a fit when veins show in their legs.  I'm one up on them!  I'll tell my surgeon again.

Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 01:49:42 AM »

Wow, Rerun, I had no idea you could develop new veins. Best I suppose to talk to the Dr. and very soon. Keep us posted. Do they hurt?

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 05:19:57 AM »

No, they don't hurt, the just look bad.

Pam

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 06:29:26 AM »

Oh Rerun, I've never heard of anything like that. I sure hope your Drs. can figure it out.
It's Thanksgiving and posts like this make me even more thankful that I have a fistula that is perfevt. Never been infiltraated and it doesn't clot. If it were not for button holes you can't even see it.

Pam
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »