I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2024, 03:31:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  Secret Santa Gift - Sent/Received
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Secret Santa Gift - Sent/Received  (Read 78339 times)
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #250 on: December 25, 2009, 05:26:57 PM »

And Kitkatz was my SS!  :cheer:

Oh, she must have had her spies out! She sent me THREE mystery books. I have been promising myself that I would take the time to READ  A BOOK over this break. Woo hoo.

And a really, really delicious sugar cookie candle (with candle warmer).

Plus two great California t-shrts! And, I think my favorite, considering the recent loss of my IHD pin, a Donate Life Key Ring.

KitKatz is a wonderful SS.

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #251 on: December 25, 2009, 06:04:27 PM »

Aleta I enjoyed looking for things to tuck into the box.  I live 1/2 mile form Route 66 in case you wondered why that T-shirt was tucked in there.   We live 3/4 mile from an original Wigwam Motel.

My SS was Laurie!  And what a Texas treat I got!  Chocolates! Dark kind! Wonderful treats!  A lovely angel bookmark, A blank book for me to write in, apencil set that says Don't mess with Texas, {I already have an ashtray that will match it}, a clip with Texas on it, a Dallas Cowboys ornament for the tree, a pad and pencil set, a shot glass with Texas on it, and a car cup with Texas on it, a calendar of lighthouses and a 2010 date book, a postcard and brochure about Ennis Texas.

I put the shot glass with the Australia shot glasses I got two years ago!  I plan to take the cup to work with ice in it and use it frequently.    The chocolates are going to disappear this week rather quickly! The diet starts the 1st of January.

Thank you so much for your gifts and thoughts this Christmas.  God bless you this year!

kitkatz

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Goofy

« Reply #252 on: December 25, 2009, 06:34:03 PM »

WOW!! I received great some great gifts from my secret Santa, OKarol.  I received a beautiful calendar with pictures of Paris which which I'm assuming were taken by Karol.  I really love it!

I also receive a donate life bracelet, a "Who Shall Live" CD which is a 1965 documentary on dialysis, I Hate Dialysis pin and my very own kidney "stone".

The stone is cute!  I'm going to put it on my desk at work and I can't wait to watch the documentary.

When I looked at the package today, I saw the return address.  I didn't notice it when I first received the gift.  I'm glad I didn't see it.  When I woke up this morning, I couldn't wait to find out who my Secret Santa was.

Thanks again for the gifts. I was so excited to open it.  I felt like I was a kid!!  The calendar was a great idea and its a gift that I'll be able to enjoy all year long!!

Goofy

« Reply #253 on: December 25, 2009, 06:35:20 PM »

I did not include my name on the gift I sent.  Are we suposed to fess up now or keep people in suspense????
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #254 on: December 25, 2009, 08:12:31 PM »

Darth,  I don't have enough words to describe how much fun it was to open your gifts!  I did laugh seeing the Baxtor box!!   I took the package to my daughter, Melissa's house because they had all seen it and were dying to know what was in it.  It was the very last gift that was opened. I can't begin to list what all was in the box---a beautiful cream scarf this is as soft as a feather, a Monet date book (did you know Monet is my favorite? His paintings fill my heart) , the cutest socks, candies, Dublin key ring.   I just kept pulling one thing after another out of the box!  I love all the Irish donate life items---- book of poems, organ donation key ring, and I especially love the Irish donate life pins.  The dead twig with forget me nots grafted on it is such a beautiful visual.  I will be wearing them and can't wait for someone to comment and ask what it is.  Oh, and a CD that I can't wait to listen to.   Seriously, I can't name everything!!    Every thing was passed around and all my family oohhed and ahhhed over each thing.   And pens---soft grip and I always use my own pen when I am out and about!    Thank you so very much, Carolyn.  It was a wonderful box to open!    :cuddle;    Give my love to your Mum and of course, to Dougal!!     I will post a picture with all my treasures.  :2thumbsup;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #255 on: December 25, 2009, 10:18:31 PM »

Ok I am finally here - my family was at my house all day - well, first my kids and hubby and my sister from Wisconsin. Then later 12 more family members came and we cooked and ate and ate and ate! So I wanted to thank my Secret Santa Darthvader since this morning and apologize for taking so long.

Darth - you really did the most fabulous job of gift giving! Yes, the Baxter box made me smile - and it was sturdy enough to travel all the way from Dublin with amazing treasures inside! I love the Ireland souvenirs - especially the one that says "KISS ME! I'M IRISH!" Then there were so many things - a lovely scarf, a sweet little handbag, candy, music, poetry, make-up, just wonderful things! And some organ awareness stuff from Ireland too - how cool is that?
Thank you so much, I had a great time opening it and sharing it with my family!
 :thx; :thx; :thx; :thx; :thx;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #256 on: December 26, 2009, 02:19:14 AM »

Paris...

Delighted to know that you enjoyed everything!... I am the world's worst shopper, so I decided that rather than buy one big item that could be totally wrong, I'd be better to buy lots of little things, and hope that I got at least one right!... I remembered you mentioning that you liked Monet, so I couldn't go wrong when I saw that personal organiser... The plan appears to have worked, thank God!... That book of poetry, and the kidney stuff is sold to raise money for the Irish Kidney Assoc. who provide such great support to Mum and I... Oh and my disability affects my fine motor skills, so pens with a good grip are a must... I give them to everyone!...

O'Karol...

I wasn't your SS, my mum was!... My name is on the customs declaration because I posted it, and the pain-in-the-a** at the post office wouldn't let the packaged be posted without the name of the person who made the declaration... ME!... Mind you, Mum left me to do the shopping... Glad it arrived safely after the 'Return To Sender' debacle!... Nice to hear that you enjoyed it!... Mum's delighted!...

Love to all... Hope Santa Clause was good to you all...

Now Mum and I have our SS gifts still to arrive and enjoy!...

Darth...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 02:28:45 AM by Darthvadar » Logged

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #257 on: December 26, 2009, 10:58:22 AM »

This is to let you guys know that Lilbajanne and I both received our gifts.  Silly me, I forgot to check the mailbox on the day before Christmas when I would have been able to take the card to the Post Office to collect it (anything bigger than a letter) and was only able to collect our gifts today.
We are both thrilled at what we received.  However, I am not yet sure who our Secret Santas were!!
Next time I post, hopefully I will be able to let you all know what I received (our computer is down and I am only stealing a few minutes on this one to let you guys know that we got our gifts)

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #258 on: December 26, 2009, 10:58:50 AM »

i have pictures but thy are in my brother-in-law's camera, so who knows.......

thank you mizar for my wonderful gifts, especially when i arrived and saw the boxes. as many of you know i have a developmentally disabled son, kevin.. two boxes arrived from my wonderful secret santa and one of them was addressed to KEVIN!!!!!! i cried. it turned out to be a blue glass with snowflakes that lights up from the bottom and sparkles!!! she couldn't have picked anything better. it's as though she's known kevin all his life. i can't wait to give it to him. and i simply love everything i got, too much to list it all. a vanilla candle, some purple candles a tea cup with tea. and especially the cd with pictures from "around town"

however the best gift of any possible gifts was the fun i had matching everyone with someone and reading the various posts while i chased down who had sent or received their boxes. hopefully the ones that have not arrived will show up this coming week.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

« Reply #259 on: December 26, 2009, 10:59:16 AM »

Yes, Darth, I should have read the card again - please tell Elsie how much I loved everything!
 :thx;

Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #260 on: December 26, 2009, 12:45:14 PM »

Yes, Darth, I should have read the card again - please tell Elsie how much I loved everything!
 :thx;

Mum says "You're more than welcome, Karol"... She also says that if you're happy, she's happy!...

Hope everyone who got their gifts enjoyed them, and for those who didn't, it's something to look forward to!...

Love...

Darth...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #261 on: December 26, 2009, 01:22:42 PM »

Kelly, the little woman was made from a tiny dried gourd, by an artist in Montreal.  I loved the springs used to make her "hair".  She is supposed to bring good luck and I thought she'd  be a nice Christmas ornament.  I tried to get things that would compliment the gorgeous colour of your hair.

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #262 on: December 26, 2009, 02:55:58 PM »

I did not include my name on the gift I sent.  Are we suposed to fess up now or keep people in suspense????

I think that's a good idea  :2thumbsup; :shy;
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 04:39:18 PM by Chris » Logged

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #263 on: December 26, 2009, 04:54:35 PM »

:santahat;

Del, thank you so much for being my Secret Santa.  I needed a new address book, and I love the Peppermint Nobs.  I put the snowflake in my window and the card you made me was so nice!  Thank you too for the snowman pin.  So many goodies!  You were a busy little elf!

THANKS !        :yahoo;

Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #264 on: December 26, 2009, 05:06:00 PM »

Peppermint nobs, are they those short pieces of thick candy canes? To many candies come to mind that might fit.

Diabetes -  age 7

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #265 on: December 26, 2009, 06:09:39 PM »

:santahat;

Del, thank you so much for being my Secret Santa.  I needed a new address book, and I love the Peppermint Nobs.  I put the snowflake in my window and the card you made me was so nice!  Thank you too for the snowman pin.  So many goodies!  You were a busy little elf!

THANKS !        :yahoo;

You are very welcome rerun!!  I wanted to send you a little bit of Newfoundland.  Hope you liked the pictures in the address book. Those peppermint knobs are locally made.  They are a different texture than candy canes Chris. 

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #266 on: December 26, 2009, 06:12:11 PM »

Oh Chris you can only buy those peppermint knobs in Newfoundland.  Won't find them at your local walmart. here's a link to the website
http://www.purity.nf.ca/product.html

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #267 on: December 26, 2009, 07:16:14 PM »

Lilbajanne was my SS! She sent me a glass keepsakes box with stained glass dolphins which is beautiful!!! I really like it a lot! PLUS she sent me some herb pepper spice, a beautiful calander of from the British Virgin Islands, and a tea holder, the little metal thing you put loose tea in Plus - some very fragrant mango tea and passion fruit tea!! Everything is so nice, I can't wait to taste the tea....I loved having that mystery box sitting under my tree, it did add some fun and smiles to my families Christmas. Like others, my entire family was waiting to see what was in the box- Thankyou from the bottom of my heart.

Love Julie

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
Slywalker

« Reply #268 on: December 26, 2009, 08:38:10 PM »

DWCrawford was my Secret Santa and I left his gift for last on Christmas Day.... letting the anticipation grow.  We were not disappointed.  I got a beautiful wooden angel.    Thanks Dan.   :clap;
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #269 on: December 26, 2009, 10:06:18 PM »

after all gifts have been delivered i will post a list for all to see on who had who as a secret santa.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

« Reply #270 on: December 26, 2009, 10:15:06 PM »

:thx; Thank you so much for all your hard work thegrammalady!  :clap; :2thumbsup;

dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #271 on: December 26, 2009, 11:01:21 PM »

Finally... a kind of candy that Chris doesn't know!!!!

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #272 on: December 26, 2009, 11:32:54 PM »

Finally... a kind of candy that Chris doesn't know!!!!

The website didn't show it, so I tried their guestbook comments to see if i could get more information. Unfortunately the website doesn't tell if your message has ben sent or not and the page you filled out just stays there. I will do a web search later

Diabetes -  age 7

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

« Reply #273 on: December 27, 2009, 02:56:44 AM »

:flower; :flower; http://www.shopdownhome.com/item.php?id=605

Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #274 on: December 27, 2009, 05:40:43 AM »

Cheese glorious cheese.......I got a wonderful gift from Sluff and Mrs. Sluff. A cheese hat, cheese earrings and pin and cheese mug. My daughter just giggled as she helped me open everything. I love it all. Thank you so much!  :bandance;

My computer is so slow. It takes so long to get on line and read posts.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »