I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2024, 03:15:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  Secret Santa Gift - Sent/Received
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Secret Santa Gift - Sent/Received  (Read 78304 times)
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2009, 11:11:57 PM »

Hey Wattle - hope the surgery goes just fine!! :cuddle;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #126 on: December 08, 2009, 08:45:10 AM »

Thanks for sharing with us about the surgery.  No posts on facebook, so I will keep checking here to see how you are.  I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!   :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #127 on: December 08, 2009, 02:10:12 PM »

Good luck and a quick recovery to you!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Mimi
Elite Member

For any who do not like me I use - prayer.

« Reply #128 on: December 08, 2009, 09:03:52 PM »

My SS box is on it's way and I have received mine.  Good luck with the surgery Wattle.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 09:28:19 PM by Mimi » Logged

Death is not extinguishing the light;
it is putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #129 on: December 09, 2009, 02:09:11 PM »

I received my secret santa gift today!!!  Thanks okarol!!!  I won't touch it , shake it or anything until Christmas morning!!  Hubby hasn't received his yet but I'm sure he will before Christmas.  :santahat; :snowman;

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
Mizar

« Reply #130 on: December 09, 2009, 04:18:00 PM »

I have no Idea, Who My SS Gift, is from. I refuse to do the " Hunt and Search " on the Profile Forum, to find out. The last Two Christmas, I spent in the ICU Unit, with My Husband, so I have determined, that this One, will be a Fun time and finding out Who, My, SS, is, will be a " Good Surprise "
                                                                               :popcorn;
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 04:21:00 PM by Mizar » Logged
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #131 on: December 09, 2009, 04:50:02 PM »

Wishing you, Mizar, a wonderful Christmas this year and no trips to the hospital.   :2thumbsup;   :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #132 on: December 09, 2009, 04:54:27 PM »

I know Mizar.  Who'd be low enough  to pull a trick like that?  Shame on them.

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #133 on: December 10, 2009, 06:27:57 PM »

I still have not received my gift

:waiting;

Grandmalady just tell me who has my name so I can watch for it.  That would help me out a lot.

Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2009, 02:40:34 AM »

WAIT!

Call off the Search and Rescue!  I GOT MINE!!  Thank you Secret Santa (Stone from NL??)  It must be from Canada??  I guess I'll see on Christmas Day.

:yahoo;

petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2009, 03:31:41 AM »

Even though Sluff wouldn't let me particiapte in the SS this year, I have two "IHD Secret Santa Replacement" gifts under my tree -- I got one Thursday and one yesterday in the mail!  Apparently, there are some on IHD who still love me!  Thank you to the ones who made sure I wasn't left out this year!!
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2009, 09:01:42 AM »

Even though Sluff wouldn't let me particiapte in the SS this year, I have two "IHD Secret Santa Replacement" gifts under my tree -- I got one Thursday and one yesterday in the mail!  Apparently, there are some on IHD who still love me!  Thank you to the ones who made sure I wasn't left out this year!!

Aren't you lucky ?
Sluff isn't a grinch, petey. Hopefully we don't have to rehash all that went before. It had nothing to do with love.
Anyway, back on topic. Members please let grammalady know if you have tracking info for any gift that should have arrived already. Thanks.

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2009, 09:25:39 AM »

Oh my, I agree that all involved should put the issue behind us and do what we can for a successful and happy holiday.  I think many people are doing that.  Let us not forget, however, that there was a lot of hurt hurled upon people during the episode.  This is just a suggestion but wouldn't it be really great if the two people most involved would have a one on one conversation just to show that all can be forgiven and possibly, in time, forgotten.

I for one want to have a great holiday, but old man depression is trying really hard to creep in.

I hope you get lots more SS gifts Petey.  You've had more than any human should have to bear in the past few weeks.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #138 on: December 12, 2009, 09:58:16 AM »

Aren't you lucky ?
Sluff isn't a grinch, petey. Hopefully we don't have to rehash all that went before. It had nothing to do with love.
Anyway, back on topic. Members please let grammalady know if you have tracking info for any gift that should have arrived already. Thanks.

Karol, I didn't mean to offend Sluff and didn't mean to "rehash" all that went on before.  Simply wanted to be a part of IHD again and participate in its goings-on.  Just wanted to say that I still felt like one of you.  I apologize if it came across any other way.  Of course Sluff is not a grinch!  ...and of course I'm lucky.

Oh my, I agree that all involved should put the issue behind us and do what we can for a successful and happy holiday.  I think many people are doing that.  Let us not forget, however, that there was a lot of hurt hurled upon people during the episode.  This is just a suggestion but wouldn't it be really great if the two people most involved would have a one on one conversation just to show that all can be forgiven and possibly, in time, forgotten.

I for one want to have a great holiday, but old man depression is trying really hard to creep in.

I hope you get lots more SS gifts Petey.  You've had more than any human should have to bear in the past few weeks.

As usual, you're right again, Dan.  I think I'd welcome a one-on-one conversation.  I think the other party knows how to reach me.

And, Dan, what can I do to help you through this time?  As good as you've been to me, I'd be a real heel not to be there for you.  You, too, know how to reach me.  I'm a minute away -- well, not in person, but you know what I mean.
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #139 on: December 12, 2009, 10:10:05 AM »

My gift had to travel quite a distance, but thanks to USPS online tracking, I know it is almost there!   It is like having Santa on radar and figuring out when he will be at your house.   :rofl;   So, if you haven't gotten your gift yet, I know of at least one that will be there shortly   :2thumbsup;

So, to grammalady----my SS gift is under my tree and the one sent is in Santa's sleigh and Rudolf is guiding the way   :yahoo;

pelagia
Elite Member

« Reply #140 on: December 12, 2009, 10:51:40 AM »

Okay, I admit that I was getting a little worried. Then my package arrived.  :2thumbsup;

Like so many others I had to grapple with the decision of whether or not to open the outside box.  The package is meticulously taped, so doing anything to disrupt the perfection was a little disconcerting.  I gave in and after very carefully slitting the tape, I peeked in one end.  I saw an envelope with the words "Start Here."  I then decided to leave well enough alone. I want to be surprised on Christmas morning. :clap;

:snowman; thank you Santa! :snowman;

As for me, I'll borrow this thought: "Having never experienced kidney disease, I had no idea how crucial kidney function is to the rest of the body." - KD
YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #141 on: December 12, 2009, 10:59:15 AM »

My box sits untouched next to my computer since received.  My children offered to open the outside box and check if what is inside is wrapped.  If it is not, then they would wrap it.  I might let them do that on Christmas eve.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #142 on: December 12, 2009, 11:45:06 AM »

I have the SS present stacked with presents I am giving to people.  I have nothing wrapped as usual yet.  But then we are going to my mother's for Christmas.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2009, 11:58:51 AM »

My box is in the closet until the tree gets decorated... hopefully by tonight.  I haven't touched it or shook it or even had the doctor check it with the xray thing.  I'm not the least bit curious as to what is in it.  If somebody told me I would get really angry.  Did I tell you I haven't touched it or even looked up the return address or anything? 

Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #144 on: December 12, 2009, 12:05:11 PM »

My box is in the closet until the tree gets decorated... hopefully by tonight.  I haven't touched it or shook it or even had the doctor check it with the xray thing.  I'm not the least bit curious as to what is in it.  If somebody told me I would get really angry.  Did I tell you I haven't touched it or even looked up the return address or anything? 

Now Dan, you know that donkeys who tell fibs grow big ears... And yours are HUGE!....

Love...

Darth...

P.S... Petey... I lit one of these for you and Marvin ... http://www.lightupalife.ie/ceremony.php ...  Please know that I'm thinking of you... You are one in a million!...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 12:19:05 PM by Darthvadar » Logged

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2009, 12:57:00 PM »

Dan, I am going to need a much bigger shovel to dig my way out of the pile of cr@p you just dished out.
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2009, 01:11:23 PM »

Dan, I am going to need a much bigger shovel to dig my way out of the pile of cr@p you just dished out.

Couldn't have put it better myself!....

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2009, 01:49:06 PM »

Oh snap!  Dan, they're giving it to you good!   ;)

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2009, 02:17:11 PM »

and they had better watch out cause santa is marking his list

Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #149 on: December 12, 2009, 02:20:59 PM »

Are you saying that I'm on the Naughty List???... Yippie!!!... Ambition acheived!...  :rofl;

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »