I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 02:25:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Social Worker
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Social Worker  (Read 4889 times)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« on: July 23, 2009, 02:36:55 PM »

:banghead;

Today the social worker brought me a form that I was supposed to verify.  It had my personal information and insurance.  It said I still lived in Sacramento.  This is the second time I've told him that I no longer live in California... as I'm now in Washington State.  (Dah)

Then he gave everyone the procedure for grievance.  It had a place for the phone number for the place to call and address..... all left blank.  If you don't want us to have it put "address and phone number available upon request".  Same with the travel handout.  The name of our clinic, address, phone number and Social Worker was all left blank.  How hard is it to have that filled in for us. 

So, I complained to him and so he brought me a handout with ALL the networks in the northwest.  Why should dialysis patients who may be sick or old or both weed through all this paper to find a phone number.  Again LAZY!

Then the Emergency procedure says to clamp both ends of the line and unscrew the line to disconnect.  I tried that when I was coming off and there was no way.  It use to say clamp, cut and run and now they don't have scissors at each station. 

I hate this place!!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 02:43:55 PM by Rerun » Logged

willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 03:06:36 PM »

Oh rerun, I am so sorry. I can honestly say that all the dealings I had with Social Workers at the clinic were a joke. Didn't do shit expect collect insurance information. It use to make me so mad I couldn't see straight, I do have to say that the Social Worker at the Transplant Clinic was great, went out of her way to get information and sit and answer your questions. Try not to let it get to you too bad.  :waving;

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 07:12:22 PM »

It is just so irritating that they get paid.

Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 08:30:27 PM »

Geez Rerun, they are Lazy. I can easily scan that document into the computer and type in all that information in nicely and professionally in less than 10 minutes. And then make copies off of that. Even if it was a PDF file that does not allow changes to the document I can do. Tell them to fly me out, pay for hotel, food and a nominal fee and I'll do it for them!  :rofl; :rofl;

Did most of the people that work there come from the school of MORONS!  :rofl; If it's not one thing, it's another with your center Rerun.

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 09:18:15 PM »

Rerun you need to get out the big stick!   :Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik; 

:sir ken;  your center!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Loretta

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 11:34:01 PM »

I have been trying to get some funds to help me with me drug costs.  I fiiled out a series of papers and took them back to my social worker.  I was suppose to get my "no" letter in ten days.  I have been telling her for two weeks that the ten days have passed .I have not gotten my letter.  Finally she told me that she hadn't put the right kind of stamp on it!  You mean she doesn't know how to mail a letter.  In the mean time I try to get by on minimum drugs, and get as many of them as I possibly can, and still eat a couple times a day, and keep my car runnung so I can get to dialysis. :Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik;
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 05:19:35 AM »

I have been trying to get some funds to help me with me drug costs.  I fiiled out a series of papers and took them back to my social worker.  I was suppose to get my "no" letter in ten days.  I have been telling her for two weeks that the ten days have passed .I have not gotten my letter.  Finally she told me that she hadn't put the right kind of stamp on it!  You mean she doesn't know how to mail a letter.  In the mean time I try to get by on minimum drugs, and get as many of them as I possibly can, and still eat a couple times a day, and keep my car runnung so I can get to dialysis. :Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik;

I think you should go to the Unit Manager and tell him/her the situation.  These incompetent people should not get away with this.  You or I wouldn't!

thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 11:41:54 AM »

i refuse (loudly) to sign anything at my unit unless it is completely filled out and filled out correctly. those are legal papers folks, and you can bet your bottom dollar that in any legal situation every single paper you have signed is going to be dragged out and it's going to be pointed out that you signed them!! my sw knows better. when she brought the new sw around (we now have 2) she told her i'm not to be bothered, unless something new has come up, if she's needed, i'll call. i, i hope, have them well trained.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »