I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:13:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories
| | |-+  Ohio to Yellowstone in 6 days
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ohio to Yellowstone in 6 days  (Read 4848 times)
cloud393

« on: July 14, 2009, 09:25:02 AM »

We just took a spur of the moment trip to Yellowstone from Ohio.  We left Monday night and were home Sunday afternoon.  3600 Miles in 6 days.  I use the Baxter Homechoice and had never traveled with it.  Fortunately, everything went great!  At 4 out of 5 hotels I was able to reach The bathroom without unhooking.  My husband just moved the end table or chair and it was no problem. We just made frequent short stops  to sstretch and use the bathroom. So anyone wanting to travel by car but are nervous about doing so, don't be scared, just do it.  It's worth it.

May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 12:56:59 PM »

Spur of the moment? That sounds like a great trip. Did you take any photos?  :pics;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
circleNthedrain

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 01:17:07 PM »

Sounds like a great trip!  I did manual PD for many years and took many trips around the US.  Any pics?

1979 Diagnosed with kidney failure
1979 Right arm fistula
1979 Start hemodialysis
1980 CAPD catheter
1980 Start CAPD
1989 Cadaveric kidney transplant
1995 2nd cadaveric  kidney transplant
2007 Start hemodialysis
2010 Still drawin' wind
dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 01:42:32 PM »

I just want to have the nerve to take a trip any way or where.  I guess it is near impossible on  in center hemo but have been talking to the social worker who'll plan for you.  I know it couldn't be a motor trip, but just to get away for a while would make me feel alive again. 

I am so jealous of you and also happy to hear that you did it.  You give me motivation.

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 02:08:29 PM »

DW I have plans to go to Arizona in November and Washington D.C. next year. I am in center dialysis for the last ten and a half years. Has not stopped me from traveling.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
cloud393

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 09:34:53 PM »

I do have pics but have to figure out how to post them.  We seen a black bear at the end of the day at Yellowstone (only about 30 ft. from the road).  It was just awesome.  Will  post some pics as soon as I can.

May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live.
Lillupie

wedding 12-10-11

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 01:22:45 AM »

Yes I have done something similar, but I was on a 3 week road trip this summer. I too went to Yellowstone. I was on Manuals, and slept in the car with my boyfriend at the time. I had the manuals hanging from the sun visor in the car. We went from Michigan to Arizona, to California up the coast to Oregon, then through Yellowstone. I too saw Bears, and Bisson. They just walk along the road. Also in Colorado I climbed one of the Rocky Mountains.
 The funny thing is we were driving in the middle of nowhere in Utah where I needed the blue clamps for the dialysis, and I threw the drain bag and all out the window!

:rofl; :rofl;

Lisa

Check out my Facebook profile for CKD "Help Lisa Spread Awareness for Kidney Disease"

It is my utmost dream and desire to reach out to other kidney patients for them to know that they are not alone in this, also to reach out to those who one day have to go on dialysis though my book i am writing!

dx with lupus nephritis 5/99'
daughter born 11/2005
stage IV CKD 11/2005-6/2007
8/2007- PD cathater inserted
9/2007- revision of PD Cathater
10/2007 started PD
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »