I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:13:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Working for nothing!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Working for nothing!  (Read 6215 times)
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2009, 01:37:01 PM »

No interest. And we were told since it might be paid in a lump sum, we may see SLIGHLY higher taxes with held. The governor also said we aren't really essential employees. Tell that to the Police and Corrections Officers, that is a dirty blow. Next Friday we can file complaints with the Federal Government and hope since they are at least violating laws that state a worker must be paid at least Federal Minimum wage we would have a case. People that haven't been paid at all since the beginning of July have a case now. We got a partial check covering wages worked before July 1st. Next Friday we aren't getting paid at all.
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2009, 03:26:59 PM »

A bridget budget was signed. Most of us will get paid. One group gets paid tomorrow another Monday. There are over 2000 employees that weren't covered. They supposed to lay off at least three hundred people statewide. The House Democrats voted to pay themselves before us. Unreal. The budget doesn't include state grants for Higher Education and Mental Health and Mental Retardation, but money to educate inmates was passed. This is sickening. I am still complaining to my elected so called leaders. This state is messed up.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2009, 05:12:58 PM »

Wow - that's amazing!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
David13
Member for Life

A meow massages the heart.

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2009, 05:41:22 AM »

This whole budget mess and the way in which it is being "managed" demonstrates a total lack of leadership by either the governor or the legislature.  My thought would be to work on a campaign to kick them all out of office - every single one of them.  Maybe a fresh start would be the best thing.  At the very least, I would hope people would not be foolish enough to re-elect any of them when their terms end.

“The first human being who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization” - Sigmund Freud
paul.karen
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2009, 08:56:53 AM »

Cut education for children and pass it on to convicts sitting in prison for various crimes including raping the children we are taking the money from.
This is sick at best and as twisted as ones imagination can get.

We the PEOPLE pay so much in taxs and extra millions come n from lotteries i cant see how any state can be going broke other then we are paying people to do other peoples jobs example Czars.  And we are giving millions and billions to special interst groups, paying silly amounts for stupid things like a 30 million dollar BIKE path when we need money for other things like say??  Education for children or money to pay to state employees.
The list goes on and on. 
Maybe if we didnt bail companies out we would be able to try and budget an ever increasing budget.  But it seems that isnt an issue congress is more about spending and spending even more.

And David im not even sure our votes count anymore.  Politicians have way TO MUCH POWER and get away with just about anything these days.  I dare say even tampering with the American votes wouldn't surprise me.  The only way to stop blatant disregard for laws and policies would be to set term limits IMO.  We dont need career politicians who are only worried about there agenda and not what is best for the people and our country as a whole.  Congress and politicians are out of touch with real life and reality.

Curiosity killed the cat
Satisfaction brought it back

Operation for PD placement 7-14-09
Training for cycler 7-28-09

Started home dialysis using Baxter homechoice
8-7-09
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2009, 06:33:14 PM »

Our Governor signed the State budget today.  After many employees took furloughs and days without pay. 

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »