I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:40:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Be warned - I ramble and I use -'s instead of grammar -- Bubba is in trouble
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Be warned - I ramble and I use -'s instead of grammar -- Bubba is in trouble  (Read 5085 times)
pelagia
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2009, 04:43:03 AM »

Twirl, I am really sorry to hear this.  I know how important playing football is to Bubba, you and your husband.  I'm not sure what he can do, but I think there must be options.  My nephew was recruited to play lacrosse for a school in NY (was on some sort of financial aid) and then he was never playing.  He transferred to another school.  Then he was starting every game and in the end he made the national all american scholars team.  The point here is that there may be options.  Bubba is a good student and he is a good athlete.  I think he needs to start contacting other schools.  Maybe he can't transfer this year, but he could for his junior year and then he would have two great years in a place that appreciates his talents.  The NCAA rules are meant to protect students and promote fairness, but they are one-size fits all.  Just this spring my son was told that he couldn't compete in a race in California (he's a rower) because freshman are not allowed to race.  No matter that he was in the varsity boat as a freshman because he worked incredibly hard to get there.  In the end they had to let him race because he went into college with enough credits to be a sophomore at mid year.  He was right to fight the ruling.  Luckily for him his coach stood behind him.  Sounds like Bubba's coaches are worthless.
 :cuddle;

As for me, I'll borrow this thought: "Having never experienced kidney disease, I had no idea how crucial kidney function is to the rest of the body." - KD
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2009, 04:00:34 PM »

Aww, Twirl, come sit in the corner with me.  I'll cry with you.  You can do anything you want to me, just don't mess with my kids.  Bubba doesn't deserve any of this. You especially, don't need the stress.   I am so very sorry.   :grouphug;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2009, 05:34:41 PM »

I'm sorry you and your family is going through this, twirl.

Who scheduled the Coach's visit to Conroe?  And who told/assisted Allen to get the money?  A&M did all this?

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2009, 05:46:59 PM »

Aww, Twirl, come sit in the corner with me.  I'll cry with you.  You can do anything you want to me, just don't mess with my kids.  Bubba doesn't deserve any of this. You especially, don't need the stress.   I am so very sorry.   :grouphug;

:cuddle; twirl, I'm with paris, we can all get together and cry together and then Kick some Ass.............. together.

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
MIbarra
Elite Member

Stopping to smell the bluebonnets

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2009, 05:57:11 PM »

Any "new" news, Twirl?

Cadaver transplant April 29, 2007
Ang
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2009, 07:51:00 PM »

sorry  to  hear  about  your  dramas  at  the  present  time,as  a  foreigner  who  understands  squat  about  your  game,all  i  can  suggest  is  if  you  can  prove  that  the  person  who  came  to  visit  is  at  fault,  they  can  repay  the  outstanding  monies  and  your son  should  be  alloed  to  continue  trying to  be  the  best  athlete  he  can  without  the  BS

live  life  to  the  full  and you won't  die  wondering
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »