I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 12:16:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Out of needles???
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Out of needles???  (Read 7295 times)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« on: June 10, 2009, 04:56:22 AM »

The DSI clinic that I go to has been out of 15ga needles for weeks!  Now they are out of 16ga needles.  I guess they are on "order"?  WTF?  So all of us are using 17ga!  I was using 17ga because my fistula was healing but last night I wanted to use 16ga and "oh, we are out of those"?  I can't believe it.  Oh, and we are out of paper tape.  Have been for 2 weeks. 

Have we not heard of overnight express mail?  Oh, that would cut into profit!  Sorry forgot!!!

:Kit n Stik;

ddawson77

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 01:19:08 PM »

I have never heard of that before, and for them to be out of them for weeks really makes wonder about what kind of financial position they are in.

Good luck!!
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 03:42:31 PM »

Forgot to add I'm in the Unites States!  Good old Capitalistic System.

okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 04:00:09 PM »

What kind of clinic do you go to Rerun? Sounds like discount dialysis - no frills!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 04:05:34 PM »

Rerun what the hell?  You poor thing.  Stupid people everywhere!

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theres is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
Blessed are they whohunger and thirst for righteousness, for theywill be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Matthew 5:3-9
Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 11:21:59 PM »

Yeah Rerun WTH

What moron is in charge of ordering? Tell them to employ you as purchasing officer and the place will run a lot more smoothly. Talk about No Frills. Ridiculous.

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 11:57:35 PM »

Tell them that Medicare wants a refund!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Kitsune

Sometimes the dragon wins.

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 07:10:50 PM »

The DSI clinic that I go to has been out of 15ga needles for weeks!  Now they are out of 16ga needles.  I guess they are on "order"?  WTF?  So all of us are using 17ga!  I was using 17ga because my fistula was healing but last night I wanted to use 16ga and "oh, we are out of those"?  I can't believe it.  Oh, and we are out of paper tape.  Have been for 2 weeks. 

Have we not heard of overnight express mail?  Oh, that would cut into profit!  Sorry forgot!!!

Hey Rerun, new sign for your center: We Are Sorry, But Due To Financial Cuts, DSI Dialysis Clinic Will No Longer Be Providing The Following Supplies:  Needles, Tape, Bandages, Heparin, Epogen, Zemplar, Phenergan, Gauze, Chux Pads, Alcohol Wipes, Dialyzers, Saline, Tubing, Syringes, Chairs, Blood Pressure Cuffs, Gloves, Hand Sanitizer, Paper Towels, Hand Soap, Paper Masks, Paper Coats, Toilets, Toilet Paper, Sinks, Emesis Basins,  Bedpans, Competent Staff And Dialysis Machines.

Please Bring Your Own Supplies, But We Have Replaced The Staff You Are Used To With Some People We Found In Costa Rica That Agreed To Do This Because A Pineapple That They Believe To Be Jesus Told Them To Do For Free. (actually, it was our medical director, who hid behind a tree, but...) We appreciate your business, and be prepared to pay exactly the same as you have always done since we continue to give you quality, no frills care for as cheaply as we can!! Thank You- The Management

"Run your mouth when I'm not around
It's easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
Can you hear the violins playing your song?
Those same friends tell me your every word"- Pantera "Walk" (1991)
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 08:39:11 AM »

:rofl;     :rofl;    :rofl;

Kitsune

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 11:23:22 PM »

Hey Rerun,

Also the Costa Rican people are drugged-out 90 year olds with a day's training. And your new medical director is that nurse that injected bleach into 5 people at that Davita Center in Lufkin, Texas!!! :rofl;

It's easy to achieve
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 11:45:19 PM »

Hey Rerun,

Also the Costa Rican people are drugged-out 90 year olds with a day's training. And your new medical director is that nurse that injected bleach into 5 people at that Davita Center in Lufkin, Texas!!! :rofl;

I'm thinking you are right!    :clap;

qwerty

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 11:58:00 PM »

Hey Rerun,

Before you convict that nurse consider a few things. #1 bleach is attached to the back of those machines for "cleaning" and you also use a "syringe" of 10ml to clear the "who" to ensure the machine is clear of biohazards such as Hep 'B and HIV for the next patient on that machine. This nurse was out of school less than a year and Davita trained in thier "one week" course before placing her as thier "Charge Nurse". Can you say "scapegoat".  Of course bleach would show, PCT's didnt check for bleach residual post treatment as too big of hurry to get next patient on. Similar to those of you who feel like crap when put on after reuse because the tech didnt bother to clear the lines and test for renalin before sticking you on that machine. I'm out on that jury till all the evidence is in so it's unfair to blame this girl. I've been in the field for years and guess what ...........what you posted is unfair ....you dont know the mechanics of those machines and the "bleaching" protocol. Dont damn her till u know the facts. Davita needs to pick up for thier responsibilty in putting an in experienced new grad in a charge position!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 12:06:27 AM by qwerty » Logged
Inara

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 11:08:54 AM »

This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard!  How can they possibly justify not having the right needles for WEEKS!?!  Don't they realize (or care?) that they are hurting their patients?  You can't run the blood pump fast enough with 17 G needles which means patients blood isn't getting clean!  I predict that someone's head is gonna roll once they draw the next set of labs! 

Hope they straighten up soon, Rerun!! 

*Primary Caregiver of Leslie, my best friend.  She's been on dialysis for 9 years.
*Dialysis Nurse for 9 years
*HUGE Sci-Fi fan!! (Yes, I'm a dork)
*Recovery from broken leg.....85% healed and that's the best it will ever be.....a slight limp is kinda sexy, huh?
cariad
Elite Member

What's past is prologue

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 05:20:20 PM »

Rerun, I'm so sorry you are dealing with this, but stand in awe that you are able to keep your sense of humor.

I hope this gets worked out for you soon.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. - Philo of Alexandria

People have hope in me. - John Bul Dau, Sudanese Lost Boy
Kitsune

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 09:23:57 AM »

Hey Rerun,

Before you convict that nurse consider a few things. #1 bleach is attached to the back of those machines for "cleaning" and you also use a "syringe" of 10ml to clear the "who" to ensure the machine is clear of biohazards such as Hep 'B and HIV for the next patient on that machine. This nurse was out of school less than a year and Davita trained in thier "one week" course before placing her as thier "Charge Nurse". Can you say "scapegoat".  Of course bleach would show, PCT's didnt check for bleach residual post treatment as too big of hurry to get next patient on. Similar to those of you who feel like crap when put on after reuse because the tech didnt bother to clear the lines and test for renalin before sticking you on that machine. I'm out on that jury till all the evidence is in so it's unfair to blame this girl. I've been in the field for years and guess what ...........what you posted is unfair ....you dont know the mechanics of those machines and the "bleaching" protocol. Dont damn her till u know the facts. Davita needs to pick up for thier responsibilty in putting an in experienced new grad in a charge position!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ummm, she could have always said "No, I don't feel capable of doing this job unsupervised just yet", but instead she wanted the cheese so she agreed to do it. I have never been injected with bleach by anyone working at my center and if I did and survived, there would be one hell of a lawsuit against all involved. It was her fault just as much as theirs, so don't think for a minute that she's some sort of innocent lambie-pie. People died here, so it isn't like she worked in the music department at Wal-Mart and sold someone a Keith Urban CD that skipped or something, so don't pull this murderer out of the muck that she willingly stepped into by doing a job she didn't know how to do properly.

Oh right, you're a tech at DaVita and all you people have to stick together for the sake of "The Village". Never mind those five poor "Village Idiots" that died, right? They can always be replaced by more sick people that you'll end up killing anyway. Unless they're "HIPPERs", then you'll do your very best to accomodate them in all ways, make them comfortable and keep them as healthy as you can. Well, you can tell Mr. Thiry that he can kiss my  :sir ken; because even if my center shut down before I got a kidney, I'd never go to a DieVita center. I'd do daily home hemo first and I can barely do 4 hours a session twice a week without geting crampy and sore.

It's easy to achieve
petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 08:42:49 AM »

Out of needles?  That's ridiculous!  Either the person who orders supplies at your clinic needs to look for another job, or (as I suspect) they're trying to save money.

When Marvin was in-center, they started cutting the chux pads into thirds -- to get three out of every one.  When I questioned why he had this tiny little chux under his arm, the charge nurse said, "We're trying to save money."  I said, "You might as well just place a band-aid under his arm to catch any blood, and she said, "Oh, no, band aids cost more than chux!"  (Stupid me!)  So, I said, "Are you going to reduce the bill you send to Marvin's two insurance companies because you're not using all the required supplies?", and the nurse said, "Oh, no, we love patients like Marvin who have two insurances...they keep us in business."  (Stupid me, again!)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »