I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2024, 09:31:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Pushed to the limit
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pushed to the limit  (Read 3540 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: May 24, 2009, 04:51:25 AM »

Do you know i should be sat here telling everyone what a nice night i had last night, but im not. Im sat here in tears , pushed to the limit. Once again last night my car was vandalised , 3 weeks ago they smashed all my windows. Last night they smashed my wing mirrors off. I know its only a car but i dont know how much more i can take , i totally depend on my car to get out and about. Everyone one of us is so fragile coping with dialysis that it doesnt take alot to push us over the edge and im sat here feeling totally flattened , drained and upset. Why? Why me? Ive talked to the neighbours and no one will name names but they all say its the same lot that did it last time. i havent fallen out with anyone , i keep myself to myself and dont bother anyone. Now im just sat here thinking whats the point ,why struggle ,why try and keep a decent house , have a little car,and deal with kidney failure. I now have to go to the garage to get it fixed as i dont have anyone to help me ...but its left me feeling very vunerable..do they know im ill and alone?  Why?

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 04:59:03 AM »

I know how frustrating it is and I hope they catch the idiots that did this to you. I don't think it is personal I just think it was opportunity for them to do something and it just happens to be your car. Could you rent a garage near by? Is there anyway you could set up a security camera which records onto the computer so next time you have proof who it is?  :grouphug;  I'm sorry these idiots have to pick on someone vulnerable, but some people think so little of themselves that they get pleasure bringing others to their level.  You are a much better person than that please take some deep breaths and don't let the acts of these cowards ruin your day.  :grouphug;
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 06:12:11 AM »

please do not give up,
I think you are an easy target -
I was going to say to sleep in the back seat where you can sneak up it they come back
but that is stupid b/c they might hurt you -
sorry SOBS-
cowards -
can you get an alarm -
I am so sorry -
what do the people say that fix your car ?
or is it a setup to get them customers -
I might watch to much Monk -
people may be afraid to talk -
they might be next -
could you start a neighborhood watch -
hope you have better luck
twirl
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 10:13:05 AM »

Call your local paper. Ask them to do a story about this.
Vandals that do damage like that think it's funny.
The true story is that for someone like you it can be a serious set back.
I think that communities rally when they see an injustice.
Best wishes to you. Sorry you've had this happen.
 :grouphug;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 11:15:54 AM »

Tell your local Police that you believe this is a "Hate Crime" - that someone is deliberately targeting you because you are 'disabled' (I know that may not be the case but this is what you have to say), they have to treat Hate Crime seriously, there are set procedures for it, they have to visit you and offer things like CCTV to help you.  Please get in touch today, if you don't want to go to the Police your local council (District, County or Unitary) will have a Hate Crime reporting procedure, although they will be closed until Tuesday- please use it, it could really help you.  I can't give too many details but a similar thing happened to a lady here who had a 'motability' vehicle - jealous neighbours targeted her (yes jealous of a 65 year old disabled lady!!), she reported it as a Hate Crime and CCTV was put in place amongst other things, she now lives her life in peace again.  It is up to the victim to say if it is a Hate Crime, if you say you believe it is the no one can argue and the procedures have to be followed.  Please do it.
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 12:07:11 PM »

Kickstart, I just want to cry with you.   I think Rose gave excellent advice.  Please let the local Police know and the local news.  I am so sorry this has happened again. You don't need extra stress or the expense.   :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 12:09:32 PM »

Thanks Rose i didnt know that ! Well the police have been and it seems there might be a good chance of getting whoever did it , they left a nice trail of blood down my car , so CSI have got a sample and said they should get a match because they are pretty sure who it was ..but just need proof. So fingers crossed..but its really upset me today ive been sick but i think thats a combination of nerves and stress.Its not the material thing , its feeling vunerable thats doing it.

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
paul.karen
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 03:14:04 PM »

Flat out Punks.
I am glad to hear one of them hurt themselves.  I hope it is serious and leaves a BIG SCAR.
Little cameras for computers are pretty cheap.  Hard to plead innocent once on tape.

Sorry you have to live on the edge,  so uncalled for.

Curiosity killed the cat
Satisfaction brought it back

Operation for PD placement 7-14-09
Training for cycler 7-28-09

Started home dialysis using Baxter homechoice
8-7-09
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 03:19:48 PM »

This is not good advice, but I would be tempted to sit in the bushes with a pellet gun. 

:cheer:

Hanify
Elite Member

Hadija, Athol, Me and Molly at Havelock North 09

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 03:30:25 PM »

Thinking of you Kickstart - it's just awful.  Hopefully they'll get whoever it is.  I don't think they'd have any thought of you being disabled.  People like that don't actually think!  I'm sure we all agree that we wish we could do something more for you - but we'll all just have to send you our good thoughts.

Diagnosed Nov 2007 with Multiple Myeloma.
By Jan 2008 was in end stage renal failure and on haemodialysis.
Changed to CAPD in April 2008.  Now on PD with a cycler.  Working very part time - teaching music.  Love it.  Husband is Paul (we're both 46), daughter Molly is 13.
BETTY55111

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 03:38:00 PM »

I am so sorry that this happened to you. I am praying that the sorry people that did this to you are caught and punished.
Betty
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2009, 04:06:57 PM »

Thanks Rose i didnt know that ! Well the police have been and it seems there might be a good chance of getting whoever did it , they left a nice trail of blood down my car , so CSI have got a sample and said they should get a match because they are pretty sure who it was ..but just need proof. So fingers crossed..but its really upset me today ive been sick but i think thats a combination of nerves and stress.Its not the material thing , its feeling vunerable thats doing it.

Rose, this is a good start.  It is good they may know who did it  :thumbup;  It doesn't fix your car, but it may solve the problem. I hope so.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
BigSky
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2009, 06:54:27 PM »

This is not good advice, but I would be tempted to sit in the bushes with a pellet gun. 

:cheer:

I personally like the 12 gauge style pellet guns. ;D
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2009, 07:32:39 PM »

Owning a security business, it's sad to say we deal with dirtbags like this all the time.  When you are the victim it's far worse.  I'm just trying to protect other people's property, but I feel horrible and violated for them when they get hit.  I hate, hate, hate people who steal!

I'm sorry Kickstart.  You don't deserve what's happening to you!

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2009, 08:42:13 PM »

KS, I hope the police can in fact do their job and stop this stuff from happening to you.   :grouphug;

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2009, 08:50:56 PM »

Kickstart- I am so sorry you have to deal with this, its scarey to feel vunerable. I hope they catch them quickly. Stupid people -don't get that its not just a prank, it your life! I hope they get caught and shamed! Shame on them!   :boxing;

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2009, 09:36:11 PM »

All I can do is send you hugs!  :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug;

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2009, 10:41:25 PM »

Thinking of you - hope the Police treat it serosusly now, don't let it drop.  :grouphug;
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2009, 02:16:43 AM »

I do hope the police take it seriously
and are able to assist you.
I think of you and feel very sorry.
All the best! :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
donnia
Elite Member

me and my donor Joyce

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2009, 06:15:42 AM »

Kickstart this is just horrible.  I can't believe there are such jerks in the world (ok, yes I can). 

You have gotten great advice... report it as a hate crime..... go to the local newspaper, tv stations, and if you cant sit in the bushes with a pellet gun then try to set up a video recorder... if you dont have one, see if you can borrow.

I hope and pray this is the last time you have to deal with this.  You have enough on your plate dear!

:flower;

Born with one kidney 1972
Ureter re-constructured 1975 (reflux had already damaged the kidney)
Diagnosed and treated for high blood pressure 2000
Diagnosed ESRF October 2006
Started dialysis September 2007
Last dialysis June 4, 2008
Transplant from my hero, Joyce, June 5, 2008
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2009, 05:38:57 AM »

Well the police have just rung me this morning saying ..someone has come forward with more info and hopefully they will be able to arrest this person now  :yahoo; I have to make a statement just about the incident .no problem.. and then they think they have enough without waiting for the DNA to come back ..so fingers crossed. Only trouble is they will probably just get a smack on the back of the hand and told not to do it again  :Kit n Stik;

paris
Member for Life

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2009, 09:32:13 AM »

Thank goodness something is being done.  I hope an arrest happens soon.  If nothing else,  at least the stupid people who did this will know they are being watched and the neighborhood knows who are they.    :thumbup;

rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2009, 11:21:33 AM »

I'm so pleased that they have taken some action and I hope this never happens to you again  :cuddle;
David13
Member for Life

A meow massages the heart.

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2009, 11:28:01 AM »

Glad to hear there is some progress in catching the person responsible for all of this trouble.   :grouphug;

“The first human being who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization” - Sigmund Freud
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2009, 11:31:06 AM »

That is progress.  We are so happy that something is actually being done.  Let us hope that the person(s) get(s) hit with the full extent of the law.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »