I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:30:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  What do you think of dialysis patients that uses the services of prostitutes?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do you think of dialysis patients that uses the services of prostitutes?  (Read 24758 times)
tweetykiss

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2007, 02:24:20 PM »

I also use to waitress graveyard shift and bartend evening way into the night shifts so I saw some of this as well.  I will agree there are a lot of willing participants who pay and those who sell and those who run it as well....all of these kinds came into the bar (I will say all kinds of people came into the bar)......this is not something I support and I agree it is illegal but I still will not be the judge of it even though it is against my faith......also no matter how strict the laws are on this, some will still be a part of this kind of life if they are determined so the only thing I can say is that the cycle has to be broken somewhere but then the question is where and who should break this cycle?

Husband started hemo dialysis on July 30, 2007
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2007, 06:19:47 AM »

Well my 2 cents on this... frankly I don't think it's any one else's business if a person (dialysis patient or not) wants to pay for sex well that's up to them. It's not something I'd do (and so I have gone without for quite some time! LOL) but it's totally up to them.

Perhaps it is a way when you feel you have little control over your body and perhaps find it hard to find a relationship with someone that might lead to sex... well paying for it may well seem like one way to get some sort of "relief" in their life.

It's one way to cope I guess... but not for me.

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
st789

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2007, 06:59:43 AM »

If you are in a healthy and stable relationship, there is no need for the service.

When you are secure about yourself and know who you are.

But when there are distress and hopeless in your life, I can see people looking for services perhap for companionship and solitude.

My 1 cent.
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2007, 12:12:09 PM »

instead of it being a deep dark deed-done because of desperation, lack of self-esteem, etc.....

couldn't it just possibly be a fair exchange for a bit of fun?  That seems to offend peoples sensibilities.

I see so many guys go through the motions (they dont mean)for a little tail- prostitution seems more honest.

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
George Jung

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2007, 01:33:06 PM »

Sometimes you just need to get "centered" and "let it go".  It is always better when someone does it for you and if you have to pay.....well then I guess you just have to pay.  I worry about myself, not about what others do, so if someone wants to pay for sex, I would wish them a nice healthy bank account!

p.s. I can't believe I am replying to this thread, I must be "bored"!!!   ;)
Jaybird

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2007, 03:27:33 PM »

Glitter, I hear ya.

I know lotsa people that spend LOADS of money on women etc, just because they want to have sex with them. They don't say that, they might not even be thinking that. But I know it's what they are basically doing sometimes. It'd be cheaper and quicker if they just talked about it up front. And I'm not saying the women in this are innocents. They know what the guy is doing most of the time. Sometimes they can be fooled, but I know women aren't stupid. (At least from my experience with them, they know what I'm trying to do before i do most of the time. DAMN MIND READERS!  :o)

Jaybird
Ang
Elite Member

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2007, 04:41:14 PM »

going  back  to  the  original  question

no  on  i  don't  think  we  can  pass  judgement  on  anyone,as  we  all  probably  have  /  will  do  some  thing  that  the  rest  of  the  world  considers  to  be  immoral  or  whatever.an  opinion  is   your  right.
 ;D

live  life  to  the  full  and you won't  die  wondering
meadowlandsnj

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2007, 05:00:39 PM »

I beleive in the government keeping out of people's bedroom. And before the flaming begins, yes I do go to church on Sunday if I am not home sick in bed. If a man or woman feels he needs a service for the bedroom then PLEASE use a condom.

It is between two consenting adults so whatever floats yer boat I suppose.  I don't go to church every Sunday, BTW so I'm in no position to pass judgement on anyone.  I just try to do the right thing in life and I do believe in God but not in organized religion anymore.  I was raised a Catholic but I have found in life that you have to follow your own path and try to be a good person.  I know of too many church going hypocrites who wouldn't give you the time of day if you were asking for a glass of water.  That can't be what it's all about. 
So wear protection and be safe if you must use these services.   :bandance; :bandance; :bandance;

Donna

Facebook: DonnaMarieMenard
Chicken Little

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2007, 08:05:55 PM »

I think it's none of my business. 

I admire their energy though.  I don't have to go looking for it and I still don't have the energy. 
st789

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2007, 08:19:02 AM »

Individual choice and lifestyle to pursuit his or her pleasure if you can afford it.

I try to live within my mean limit.

Whether it is moral or immoral, who care.  Let Gods do the judgements.

tweetykiss

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2007, 07:34:28 AM »

Ditto on this st789.......it is God's job to be the judge and certainly not mine so I am not going to say whether it is wrong or not.......all I will say is that precautions should be taken   because of AIDS and many do not want unwanted pregnancies.......

Husband started hemo dialysis on July 30, 2007
stauffenberg
Elite Member

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2007, 01:33:20 PM »

In the 1980s there was a major study done of AIDS among prositutes in Glasgow, and out of the 1000 women tested, not one single case of AIDS was found.  Despite all the fear mongering about AIDS by the media, it is not a normally transmissable sexual disease like gonorrhea or syphilis, neither of which ever focused just on one part of the world rather than another, or on one type of sexual practice rather than another.  AIDS was first identified in the Western world in a sailor in Liverpool in 1959, and if AIDS were a normal sexual disease, nearly the whole world would have had it by now, just as syphiliis engulfed nearly the entire European population after Columbus' crew brought it back to the Mediterranean ports from the New World. As long as people have only conventional sex and only in the Western world, their chances of getting AIDS from a sexual encounter are less than of getting killed in a traffic accident en route to that encounter. Biology will not enforce your morality for you.

Since there are Hindu temples in India which have temple prostitutes, and it is considered an act of religious piety both for the women and their customers to have paid sex in these temples, prostitution is obviously not immoral in any clear, transcultural way.  There is also no clear way to distinguish prostitution from gold-digging, and if a woman marries mainly for the man's money, why does the fact that the commercial interest is limited to one large, permanent exchange make it any more moral than many small-scale, temporary exchanges of the same sort.  Prostitution does not exist in primitive societies where there is marriage, so it has to be regarded as the price to be paid for the artificial shortage of sex partners needlesslly created by prudery and marriage in 'civilized' society.
whitehorse

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2007, 09:12:11 PM »

I think it's criminal for people on disability to use public money to pay for hookers.
It would save money if they jacked off  while watching the dialysis nurses bending over. :bow;
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2007, 04:09:28 AM »

I don't think of disability as public money. I think everyone who has ever worked in their lifetime earned the disability check if they are unfortunate enough to draw disability.

It's their money they can spend it on anything they want. If they want to spend it all on prostitutes then let them. I bought a few houses for my ex-wives, looking back a prostitute would have been cheaper.  J/K Now the moral issue might be different.
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2007, 11:16:42 AM »

I think it's criminal for people on disability to use public money to pay for hookers.
It would save money if they jacked off  while watching the dialysis nurses bending over. :bow;

People on disability EARNED the check -it IS NOT a public handout like welfare is.  And you should be able to spend money you earned any way you please.

your other comment is just disgusting...

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
LightLizard

« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2007, 11:33:16 AM »

People on disability EARNED the check -it IS NOT a public handout like welfare is.  And you should be able to spend money you earned any way you please.

your other comment is just disgusting...

i agree glitter. anyone who would make such a statement is just looking for attention, really.
the suggestion is far more disgusting than employing a hooker could ever be.

nothin wrong with going to a hooker, really, no matter where the money comes from.
civilised places like amsterdam and paris treat it more intelligently.
but we've only been here for a couple of hundred years, so we have a lot to learn, still.
;)

love
~LL~
livecam
Elite Member

World's Best Beach..Lanikai..Oahu, Hawaii

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2007, 12:53:57 PM »

I think it is time to lock or delete this thread and be done with it.  This is one of the all time dumbest and most  irrelevant threads I've ever seen on this site.

How bout it admins?  Please get rid of this.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 12:56:56 PM by livecam » Logged
LightLizard

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2007, 01:05:32 PM »

I think it is time to lock or delete this thread and be done with it.  This is one of the all time dumbest and most  irrelevant threads I've ever seen on this site.

How bout it admins?  Please get rid of this.

so, you don't find the topic worthy of discussion so it should be removed?
why not just stay away from it then?
what do you want to talk about, 'american idol' or 'survivor'? something
worthy of your deep, caring mind?

*SHEESH* :urcrazy;
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2007, 01:06:54 PM »

How bout it admins? Please get rid of this.

Uh oh here's one of those touchy topics that can drive members away from a forum depending on the replies. So instead of locking or deleting this thread which is against what this site is all about. Here goes, I would say it all depends on a number of factors. The first being what are your morals? I won't even begin to discuss the legalities of it because the laws of prostitution vary from country to country, and if your in the U.S.A. well then you could drive to Nevada, but even then only 1 or 2 cities in Nevada allow prostitution. But back to morals what do you believe is right? is it OK to pay a woman for sex? That is something you need to figure out. Second, how old are you? if your young then I say you should try harder to get out and meet people there are many women on dialysis BUT you do not have to limit yourself to female dialysis patients just because you are on dialysis. I say young because you say "Two lonely old men" well what is your definition of old? 40's,50's,60's,70's or 80+ one persons definition of old is young to another. If you are late 60's or late 70's then I understand it is harder to meet people and I understand a man has needs (as do women) even at that age. Another factor you need to consider is diseases, you already have "Chronic Kidney Failure" do you really want to possibly add "Herpes", "Gonorrhea" or maybe even "HIV/AIDS"? Condoms are not foolproof and prostitutes sleep with a lot of men and you never know what they may be carrying. To give you an analogy a beautiful apple may look delicious and tasty on the outside but it can have worms and be rotten in the inside. I hope no one takes offense to that analogy. I would say don't be a follower just because they take the easy road, have you even tried to go on dates and court women? There are many places to meet new people of any age group. When you get out and meet people I would be honest with them and let them know soon after meeting them your situation. It could actually work in your favor, it could be a great conversation starter. Have you ever considered some of the online dating services like eHarmony.com? Unless all you want and care about is sex with no gratifying relationship, after the prostitute leaves you are all alone again until you call her again. Having sex is great and fun but have a lasting relationship with someone that you can laugh, cry, have good times and bad times, and of course have sex with is much more rewarding and fulfilling not only to you but the person you meet. I know this really didn't answer your question but I hope it gives you something to think about.

The Boss has already addressed those concerns. My suggestion for those that find this thread inappropriate to not even read this thread. The title should make known the content of this thread.

Sluff/ Admin
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2007, 01:16:15 PM »

Tbh i dont think this question has anything to do with the fact someone is on dialysis. The question of using 'hookers' could be applied to a lot of shall we say , able bodied people. What it has to do with being on dialysis is really irrelevant isnt it ? Plenty of people without an illness/disability must use them , so is it ok for them ? What i do find funny is ,it is guys who ,when having problems (or not) use hookers. Women just suffer in silence !!!

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
LightLizard

« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2007, 02:06:54 PM »

'silence'? what's that?

heehee

LL
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2007, 02:20:14 PM »

oi ... :rofl;

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2007, 03:20:26 PM »

:rofl; This thread cracks me up, really who cares if someone pays for sex. hmmmmm wait I don't leave the house to work but I sleep with this really good looking guy everynight who gives me money when i want it..... Do i have to start filling for taxes????? HEHEHE

stauffenberg
Elite Member

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2007, 03:35:36 PM »

In some European countries, such as Britain and the Netherlands, the government health service pays for profoundly disabled people, who would otherwise never find anyone to have sex with, to have sex with prostitutes.  The prostitutes used are specially trained to deal only with disabled clients and so they know how to address the special mobility, tactile, and erectile difficulties these patients may have.  These countries regard such government-paid services as addressing a fundamental human need and right.
LightLizard

« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2007, 03:51:17 PM »

ya mean a guy's gotta move to the netherlands for his nether-regions? :o
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »