I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 05:25:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Site Requests, Comments, Technical Help.
| | |-+  Why
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why  (Read 10460 times)
Yvonne

Yvonne

Why
« on: May 03, 2009, 11:34:09 PM »

If I write a letter first and then try to add  :welcomesign; one of these at the end of my letter I lose everything I wrote. Yesterday it happened again I wrote this long letter and then decided to put in :Kit n Stik; and then the letter disappeared and I was just Left with  :Kit n Stik; and had to start off my letter with it. Is it supposed to work like that is it is not the first time it has happened very frustrating. Yvonne

2007- since January 2007 carer to my husband John who has the following, allways been a very fit man up till then.
2007 - January Renal failure
2007 - March Diagnosed with a Horseshoe kidney and bladder cancer.
2007 - June One kidney, Prostrate and Bladder removed with stage 4 cancer. Urostomy
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 06:57:56 AM »

It should work by doing it either way. I will look into it Yvonne.
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 11:37:31 AM »

It's just happened to me, I did a message and spell checked it, then went to add  :cuddle; and it all disapperred except the  :cuddle;  I thought it was something I'd done untilI read this.
Yvonne

Yvonne

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 10:28:00 PM »

??? Thanks Rose for confirming this.  I thought it was something I had done wrong the first time, then when it happened again I thought I would ask why. Yvonne

2007- since January 2007 carer to my husband John who has the following, allways been a very fit man up till then.
2007 - June One kidney, Prostrate and Bladder removed with stage 4 cancer. Urostomy
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 10:57:37 AM »

I am going to try and see if it happens to me.  Thanks for letting us know when things don't go right. It is the only way to get them fixed!   Thank you Rose and Yvonne   :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Yvonne

Yvonne

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 10:56:22 PM »

Did you try it Paris?  maybe it only happens to us UK people

paris
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 07:15:41 AM »

Well, that is certainly weird!  I wrote a post, hit spell check, then added a smiley after and poof! everything is gone but the smiley.  I will let Sluff know.  So, it isn't just the UK people  :2thumbsup;    Thanks Yvonne  :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 07:43:15 AM »

I'm so glad it isn't just Yvonne & I - I was beginning to think it was as no-one else had said anything. Thanks Paris!  I'd put a hug for you but this may all disappear!! xxx
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 09:49:44 AM »

I'm testing from my end .   :grouphug;  Well it worked OK.  I used modify to add this second bit.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 09:51:09 AM by monrein » Logged

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 12:35:51 PM »

If you write your post, then hit spell check, then add a smiley all will disappear except the smiley.  If you post, then hit modify, and save, it will all show up.   You shouldn't have to do an extra step.  Not sure if this can be fixed. I will check on it.

monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 01:35:01 PM »

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.   :rofl;  Still worked OK for me Paris.  Weird stuff.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 01:36:09 PM by monrein » Logged

(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 02:38:35 PM »

So add your Smileys before you spellchecK

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 04:14:40 PM »

Yvonne and Rose both had a legitimate question.  I was testing to see if I had a problem.  I found the same thing happened to me. 
Good it is working for others and adding the smiley before spell check is a great idea, but in the meantime two members had a problem.   Since the upgrading of the site, there have been a few quirks and admins have asked to report any problems.   

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 05:15:32 PM »

I was kidding.  :rofl; :rofl;  Sorry if you took it wrong. I went to see if it happened to me, but I could not get it to do it for me.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2009, 06:03:07 PM »

I know, Kit   :cuddle;  Long week, lots of stress.   And this problem is bugging me. Can't figure out why it is different for everyone.  I think I am trying to solve it, because I can't solve anything else in my life right now.  Does that make sense?? 

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 06:43:17 PM »

Let the site work out the kinks. Just report it like you did and relax.  Not your problem anymore.  Relax.  Have an Easter basket.  :basket:

lifenotonthelist.com

paris
Member for Life

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 07:32:28 PM »

:2thumbsup;  You are right.   I'll eat some chocolate  :thumbup;

monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2009, 07:38:45 PM »

Yvonne and Rose both had a legitimate question.  I was testing to see if I had a problem.  I found the same thing happened to me. 
Good it is working for others and adding the smiley before spell check is a great idea, but in the meantime two members had a problem.   Since the upgrading of the site, there have been a few quirks and admins have asked to report any problems.

I also hope you weren't offended by my posts Paris...I was just testing also so you could try to narrow down where the problem lies.  When I typed blah blah blah it was just to enter some text, then try an icon and see what happened.   It drove me nuts after the upgrade when I couldn't log on while others had no trouble at all.  If one member has a problem then we want it figured out.
 :flower;

(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
pelagia
Elite Member

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2009, 07:40:40 PM »

oh Monrein, blah blah blah blah blah  :rofl;  I think it's working right for me blah blah blah blah

(this is what I love about IHD - I can use the words blah blah blah and smileys in the same sentence  :2thumbsup; and Paris won't kick me off  8)  :cuddle;)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 07:42:33 PM by pelagia » Logged

As for me, I'll borrow this thought: "Having never experienced kidney disease, I had no idea how crucial kidney function is to the rest of the body." - KD
Yvonne

Yvonne

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2009, 11:27:33 PM »

:ukflag; Just trying it out again. If you put the icon before you do spell check it doesn't happen :thx;
Do spell check then put the icon all disappears. !!!!!!! Yvonne

paris
Member for Life

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2009, 07:23:19 AM »

Same here, Yvonne.   :thumbup;

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2009, 03:07:42 PM »

Kay I am going to try it. :basket:

Worked for me.  I wonder what is going on with it? :clap;

lifenotonthelist.com

paris
Member for Life

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2009, 04:28:43 PM »

I think the sole purpose is to drive me nuts --- and it is working  :rofl;

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2009, 06:02:50 PM »

Hehehehehhe! Got your mind off other things didn't it?  Thank you IHD.com!  :grouphug; :rofl; :rofl;

lifenotonthelist.com

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »