I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 05:25:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Nothing is wrong with my fistula!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nothing is wrong with my fistula!  (Read 1551 times)
pdpatty

« on: April 21, 2009, 05:19:55 PM »

Had it today(fistulagram) and surgeon says it is  a beautiful  fistula.  WElLL developed and has a thrill like a tank. He cannot understand why they are having trouble sticking it. He also said if he were to present a fistula at a conference,this one would be it.

Also had an ultrasound. Woman who ran it says it is a good one and not really that deep. I do have about a 1 inch piece of tubing that connects fistula to arterry. That may be confusing them.

My thoughts are we have a whole bunch of real crappy techs! Seems as though all the goods ones are going to other clinics.

This leaves only two men that are real good,but even if they are there doen't mean they are in my area.I never have the same tech more than twice in a few weeks. 

How many in clinic dialysis patients here have the same tech/nurse each time for your treatments?
monsterman

Impossible Is Nothing

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 05:25:20 PM »

Great to hear things went well for you, I am in the process of deciding which route I want to take in regards to a Fistula or Graft. Many of the patients who I Dialyze with say its hit or miss when it comes to the number of times it takes the "Techs" to find their Fistula.. Either way I go they will only have 3 strikes with me then their OUT..

Good luck with your future Dialazing  8)

Chris
G-Ma
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 06:20:13 PM »

My surgeon who did the fistulagram told me exactly how to stick and after one bad stick I talked to the Director and she told the techs they have to stick exactly how I tell them and now only trouble is nurses not listening to the alarms.  Why should we have to train everyone????

Lost vision due to retinopathy 12/2005, 30 Laser Surg 2006
ESRD diagnosed 12/2006
03/2007 Fantastic Eye Surgeon in ND got my sight back and implanted lenses in both eyes, great distance & low reading.
Gortex 4/07.  Started dialysis in ND 5/4/2007
Gortex clotted off Thanksgiving Week of 2007, was unclotted and promptly clotted off 1/2 hour later so Permacath Rt chest.
3/2008 move to NC to be close to children.
2 Step fistula, 05/08-elevated 06/08, using mid August.
Aug 5, 08, trained NxStage and Home on 9/3/2008.
Fistulagram 09/2008. In hospital 10/30/08, Bowel Obstruction.
Back to RAI-Latrobe In Center. No home hemo at this time.
GOD IS GOOD
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 06:39:50 PM »

Glad the fistulagram went well. Now if we can just get the techs to learn how to stick!

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 08:32:00 AM »

Nope, the only way to get the same tech consistently is do your own sticks or switch to home hemo with the same partner all the time.
My center only has 3 chairs, and only 5 rotating employees - and I still don't get the same person all the time, although with only 5 possible choices, at least the learning curve was short.

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

hurlock1

THIS MEMBER IS BANNED FROM IHD

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 08:55:04 AM »

I had a fistulagram; the day they did it, there was some sort of problem. I got there @ 6:30 am, like they asked, and it wasn't until they got me in; no food, no water, no COFFEE! I was fit to be tied. Got in, in about five minutes, I was done. It was just undeveleloped. The venus was just deep. So, eventually, They were able to use the fistula. But!    then there was a personel change. They ( the new people) told me I was gonna have to go for a fistulagram. I said "uh uh, already had one the vunes it's just deep"  haven't had any problems since.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »