I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:18:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Medical marijuana has gone public and is trading in stocks??
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Medical marijuana has gone public and is trading in stocks??  (Read 14325 times)
paul.karen
Elite Member

« on: April 09, 2009, 11:19:22 AM »

Thursday, April 09, 2009 
 Legalized Medical Marijuana Company Now Public Stock (CVIV)
Current mood:  blessed
Category: News and Politics
If you thought that the legalized Marijuana for medicinal purposes was a controversial, imagine how controversial it would be if a company was public in the sector of legalized Marijuana. Forget the “if” in the equation. This week, a small and formerly unknown company called Club Vivanet announced that it is the first public company to enter the legalized, medical Marijuana business. The company even changed its name to Medical Marijuana, Inc. While it does not trade on the NYSE nor on the NASDAQ, the stock does trade over-the-counter under the ticker “CVIV” and is listed as Medical Marijuana, Inc. (OTC: CVIV) on the pink sheets.

This morning the company filed a patent application for an invention that the company says “potentially satisfies various governmental and the medical Marijuana dispensaries’ needs for tax collection in the medical Marijuana industry.” This is to identify the dispensary’s tax ID number and tax rates for state and local taxes.

Medical Marijuana, Inc. is currently undergoing a 1-10 forward split and a ticker symbol change to reflect its new name in the stock market. The company is spinning off two subsidiaries on a share-for-share basis (pre 10 for 1 forward split) of the shares of Club Vivanet, Inc. (a Florida corporation) and MyNewPedia Corp (a Colorado Corporation).

The company’s description says that it is positioned to take advantage of opportunities as they appear in the emerging legal medical Marijuana industry through an enhanced payment gateway introducing verifiable levels of enhanced security. It also states that a trend is in place that clearly indicates medical Marijuana is quickly becoming a legal enterprise in need of various solutions in numerous areas.

Bruce Perlowin is serving as the company’s new Chairman and CEO. He has been referred to as the “King of Pot” in various articles and was recently interviewed on CNBC’s most popular feature called “Marijuana, Inc.” Here is a link to that video interview.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/28621704

Whether or not this one takes off is something we won’t speculate on. If you ever thought that cannabis, pot, weed, or Hemp were not going to be applied to a public company, it looks like that has changed. The Mustang Ranch, a brothel in Nevada, had tried to come public before. A brothel in Australia did manage to go public at one time. It seems that even for a legalized medical Marijuana company coming public, stranger things have happened.

Track this stock here: http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=CVIV.PK

From the Editor: When we were approached by Mr. Perlowin at Medical Marijuana, Inc. to disseminate their press release, we were truly excited and anxious to get to work with them. Having such respect for Bruce and his team, we decided to give a below cost quote to help them get started. This was our way of saying thanks and instigating a special bond between us, in hopes of building a long term relationship. We quoted Mr. Perlowin the price of 1,000 shares from his new company, in exchange for sending out the company press releases for a period of 6 months. He replied by stating the cost was too low and that he did not feel we were charging him accordingly for the work being done, so he bumped the offer up to 5,000 shares without hesitation. He began speaking about the “Outlaw Code”, saying this was more of a fair deal, going on to say, “I'm not inclined to take advantage of anyone in any business deal - quite a refreshing change from the way public companies are run today and very different from the old days when we ran around with suitcases full of money and did deals on a hand shake.” Bruce Perlowin and his team are real life Cannabis Warriors and very dear friends who we are truly grateful to be associated with. Not only is Bruce true to his word, he’s even printing the shares on Hemp paper!

Thank you Brother Bruce and everyone at Medical Marijuana, Inc.
Rob Griffin - Editor in Chief - 420 Magazine, Inc.

Please visit these websites for more information
http://www.bruceperlowin.com
http://www.medicalmarijuanainc.com

News Hawk- http://www.420magazine.com
Source: 24/7 Wall Street
Author: JON C. OGG
Copyright: 2009 24/7 Wall Street
Website: http://www.420magazine.com/forums/international-cannabis-news/91794-legalized-medical-marijuana-company-now-public-stock-really-cviv.html

Curiosity killed the cat
Satisfaction brought it back

Operation for PD placement 7-14-09
Training for cycler 7-28-09

Started home dialysis using Baxter homechoice
8-7-09
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 11:51:45 AM »

So Paul Karen you posted it what do you think about it?

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theres is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
Blessed are they whohunger and thirst for righteousness, for theywill be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Matthew 5:3-9
paul.karen
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 12:03:52 PM »

Im all for making marijuana legal.
it would give the politicians one more thing to tax and waste our money on.

As for trading it on a market.  I think if it catches on (13 states so far have medical Marijuana laws) it would be a good investment.  But for now i am just watching.  It may never take off.

It would help with the problems at the borders which our politicians refuse to shut down for whatever reason?  Both Dems and repubs.
Prohibition didnt work and this is pretty much the same issue different substance.

Curiosity killed the cat

8-7-09
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 12:09:07 PM »

Well I think it will become legal at some point. I don't think it is as big of a deal as people make it. But as for trading it that is kinda pushing it now. It isn't legal yet, and even though it is medical marijuana its still marijuana.  I think a lot of people are going to take that the wrong way. And if you arnt ready to make it legal then I don't think you should traid it yet.

Blessed are they whohunger and thirst for righteousness, for theywill be satisfied.

paul.karen
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 12:25:26 PM »

Well i agree with you.
And seeing it is legal in so many states now.  And not just for medical purposes.  A few states you can have up to an ounce for personal use.

But as well it is Legal even more so for medical purposes thus i quess is why they want to sell shares of stocks.  Dont be confused.  it wont be in nasdaq or the NYSE.  it will trade over the counter.
But im with you.  Im not sure it will do well.  Least not for now.  But it could be a good start up stock soon with room to grow.  lol  get it

Curiosity killed the cat

8-7-09
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 12:47:41 PM »

haha...you know every pot head is jumping up and down right now. screaming "here we come baby"

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 03:40:28 PM »

Make marijuana legal and then tax it to death!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 04:42:29 PM »

It just became legal in Michigan.  They had a sign-up in Lansing - the tv news showed a line out the door for people waiting at whatever government agency they were at.

They are going to make it difficult, though. (And rightly so, I think.)  The DMV is saying that anyone who has been approved for the medical mj will likely lose their driver's license, since mj takes so long to get out of your system, there's no way to tell if the person using is actually safe to drive. 

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

paul.karen
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 04:47:14 AM »

jbeany

That is funny that they may take peoples licenses?
Maybe the powers that be should sit outside every bar and take people drivers licenses as they leave.
Alcohol is a proven killer and destroyer of hundreds of thousands of families yet is is legal and there are bars on every corner.

Its a crazy world :urcrazy;

Curiosity killed the cat

8-7-09
BigSky
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 07:48:06 AM »

The difference is there is a easy way to measure impairment of alcohol.

Studies have shown that the use of marijuana impairs driving anywhere from 2-8 hours after use.  As of now there is no accurate tool that can be used to measure THC levels on the spot.

So unlike alcohol where it can be measured on the spot and determined if the individual is fit to drive or not, its more likely that there would be a complete ban on having any THC in the system to drive.

Some say that is what should also be done with alcohol.  Regardless it seems government would rather not set levels for it now and just avoid the whole problem is caused by allowing some alcohol in the system to drive.

paul.karen
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 08:22:09 AM »

I would like to see those studies.

I use to drink and i know firsthand the effects it has.
I smoke and dont have any ill effects, other then munchies a few hours later.

I dont slur my words, or stumble or feel like shouting -fighting or even arguing for that matter after a Doobie.  May laugh at something stupid??

A little smoke after work is to me what a few beers is to many others.
A way to relax and unwind

my :twocents;

Curiosity killed the cat

8-7-09
BigSky
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 09:06:33 AM »

I had seen a study on it from Canada about impairment but I cannot seem to locate it now on the web.

However there is this one.

http://www.drugabuse.gov/Nida_Notes/NNVol11N1/Marijuana.html

Again, my thought is government would not rather open up a can of worms like it has with driving and alcohol.  In all rights they probably treat alcohol like other drugs and have a complete ban on it for driving. However Congress getting that $$$$ from the industry probably wont let that change anytime soon.

In a recent case here a guy was fired for testing positive for marijuana at work.

He used the drug under the medical program.  He was given the choice to quit or be terminated.

He sued for wrongful discharge and the courts ruled against him. 

The medical marijuana supporters do not like it. 

I think this is one of the many problems that keep it from being outright legal.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 09:16:55 AM by BigSky » Logged
paul.karen
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 09:31:45 AM »

I hear ya Bigsky.

Govt. wants us to just trust in what THEY Say to suit THERE purposes.

Quit or be terminated at least they gave the guy an option huh??

All i know is some people can smoke weed and EXCELL and be the BEST in the world at what they do.  Like an 8 time gold medalist record breaking swimmer.

Curiosity killed the cat

8-7-09
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 10:26:41 AM »

What I wonder is this:  is medical marijuana, used to combat pain, help with appetite etc. any different than the routinely prescribed drugs such as oxycodone etc. ?  My view is that driving under the influence of any type of drug or alcohol is not a good idea.

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 11:07:11 AM »

You shouldn't be drving while  you drink or smoke or take anything that is going to change your train of thought.   But I do think it is stupid to take away someones driver licenses. If your going to do that then you need to take just about everyones away. Because there isn't one person I know that is 100% straight edge.  Not a drip of alcohol ever, or a toke of something along the line.  I know plenty of people who drink.  Dose that mean every single one of them is going to go out and drive? No.  Stupid people are doing to do stupid things. They shouldn't make everyone who has just a little bit of common sense pay for what stupid people do.

paul.karen
Elite Member

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2009, 11:08:57 AM »

Excellent point Monrein & Welcome back home  :thumbup;

Some of the side effects for legal drugs are crazy.   Worse then what they are meant to help heal or cure.

Curiosity killed the cat

8-7-09
KarenInWA
Elite Member

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2009, 05:49:09 PM »

Excellent point Monrein & Welcome back home  :thumbup;

Some of the side effects for legal drugs are crazy.   Worse then what they are meant to help heal or cure.

Amen to that, Paul!  Take prednisone, for example.  Is driving under the influence of 'roid rage a good idea?  Yet, not everyone who takes prednisone has that side effect.  And then there's all the other nasty side effects that make taking it such a drag.  I've only been on it for short, light doses for gout attacks, but the idea of being on 60mg/day scares the bejeebus out of me!  If I was told that smoking a toke would regenerate my kidneys, I'd be the first one in line, and I don't even know how to smoke!  But alas, that will only be a mere passing fantasy that such a thing could even be true *sigh*.....

KarenInWA

1996 - Diagnosed with Proteinuria
2000 - Started seeing nephrologist on regular basis
Mar 2010 - Started Aranesp shots - well into CKD4
Dec 1, 2010 - Transplant Eval Appt - Listed on Feb 10, 2012
Apr 18, 2011 - Had fistula placed at GFR 8
April 20, 2011 - Had chest cath placed, GFR 6
April 22, 2011 - Started in-center HD. Continued to work FT and still went out and did things: live theater, concerts, spend time with friends, dine out, etc
May 2011 - My Wonderful Donor offered to get tested!
Oct 2011  - My Wonderful Donor was approved for surgery!
November 23, 2011 - Live-Donor Transplant (Lynette the Kidney gets a new home!)
April 3, 2012 - Routine Post-Tx Biopsy (creatinine went up just a little, from 1.4 to 1.7)
April 7, 2012 - ER admit to hospital, emergency surgery to remove large hematoma caused by biopsy
April 8, 2012 - In hospital dialysis with 2 units of blood
Now: On the mend, getting better! New Goal: No more in-patient hospital stays! More travel and life adventures!
casper2636

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2015, 09:40:21 AM »

I have just moved to a state with the law allowing the use of medical marijuana. I have had numerous surgeries on my leg and can't take pain medicine (it drops my BP too low for me to function). I also experience nausea and lack of appetite during and after Dialysis and the day later. I was wondering if anyone has tried marijuana to help with these symptoms and what their experiences were (are)? I hate this as an option, but somethings got to give!
Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2015, 10:03:14 AM »

The people at the medical marijuana dispensary should be able to talk to you about the different options they offer. In general there are big and small differences between the strains, here is a guide with a partial list.

I would suggest stopping by one of your local dispensaries and hear what they say. Ask about edibles, particularly if you are uncomfortable about smoking and ask about strains that are low in THC if you don't want the intoxicating effect. The medicinal effect of marijuana could help with your symptoms but the only way to know is to give it a try. I would also suggest looking at several dispensaries to find one that you're most comfortable working with.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 10:04:47 AM by Bill Peckham » Logged

http://www.billpeckham.com  "Dialysis from the sharp end of the needle" tracking  industry news and trends - in advocacy, reimbursement, politics and the provision of dialysis
Incenter Hemodialysis: 1990 - 2001
Home Hemodialysis: 2001 - Present
NxStage System One Cycler 2007 - Present
        * 4 to 6 days a week 30 Liters (using PureFlow) @ ~250 Qb ~ 8 hour per treatment FF~28
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2015, 10:44:50 AM »

but the idea of being on 60mg/day scares the bejeebus out of me!
I was on prednisone for 3 months; 100 for the first day, rapidly tapering to 10mg doses.

That was enough to give me an advanced case of avascular necrosis.    The side effect must be common - a doc I know socially same me limping, asked what's up, I replied AVN.  His response was "Steroids?".

It required a hip replacement.
Deanne
Elite Member

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2015, 11:12:28 AM »

I developed hypercalcemia in February and was in horrible pain all night, every night for a few weeks. Since the pain was probably neurological, pain killers couldn't touch it. A friend gave me a pot cookie to try and the pain was immediately gone. When I started reading up on pot, I learned that smoking it won't have the same effects. When you smoke it, the effects are instantaneous, but short-lived. It hits your lungs, then your brain, then it's gone. With edibles, it takes a couple hours for it to kick in, but then lasts several hours since it's floating around in the bloodstream. Edibles are also less risky since there's a possibility of fungus in the weed that can be very damaging to lungs.

As a side benefit, I also read there is some evidence that it acts as an anti-inflammatory. Because of this, and because it knocks me out for the night, I still often use some in the evenings. If I eat a dime-sized bite about two hours before going to bed, I sleep through the night. I don't feel high from it because by the time it kicks in I'm asleep.

Deanne

1972: Diagnosed with "chronic kidney disease" (no specific diagnosis)
1994: Diagnosed with FSGS
September 2011: On transplant list with 15 - 20% function
September 2013: ~7% function. Started PD dialysis
February 11, 2014: Transplant from deceased donor. Creatinine 0.57 on 2/13/2014
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2015, 03:29:20 PM »

but the idea of being on 60mg/day scares the bejeebus out of me!
I was on prednisone for 3 months; 100 for the first day, rapidly tapering to 10mg doses.

That was enough to give me an advanced case of avascular necrosis.    The side effect must be common - a doc I know socially same me limping, asked what's up, I replied AVN.  His response was "Steroids?".

It required a hip replacement.

Simon Dog, if you don't mind me asking, what happened to you that required you to be on such a high dose of prednisone?

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2015, 06:31:33 AM »

So I'm originally from the Netherlands where weed has been legal for a long time. When you smoke it, it works for a long time (it's quite strong) > no more bone pain, RLS, and a good sleep. Just like with alcohol you'll get fined when caught driving. (Tests available in Europe)
Most 'users' I knew wouldn't drive at all anyway.

When I was on 120 mg Pred (presumed kidney tumors in the '80s) e.o.d I was completely flipped out, and TTL I wasn't old enough yet to drive anyway.

And I think every substance that alters or can alter ones judgement should be illegal when driving (so that's including alco) In some Scandinavian countries it seems to work?

My  :twocents;

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2015, 01:34:30 PM »

WA State Patrol conducted/sponsored tests of individuals driving before and after smoking pot.  Video is/was available IIRC on youtube.  It was pretty neat, some of the drivers were NOT affected, at all.  Others were to some extent.  Some were toast.

There was no good way to determine beforehand who would be affected and by how much or how badly affected.

But I thought it pretty neat that the State Patrol actually rode along, watched, and evaluated the whole deal.

No one got ticketed or jailed.

I would have volunteered, if I had know and if they would have let me use my Harley!
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2016, 04:04:55 PM »

Simon Dog, if you don't mind me asking, what happened to you that required you to be on such a high dose of prednisone?
Thrombocytopoenia, platelets at 12.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »