I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 01:31:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Products to scrub bathtub/shower stall
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Products to scrub bathtub/shower stall  (Read 1487 times)
RightSide
Elite Member

« on: April 04, 2009, 07:28:20 PM »

My skin has become much drier and much more sensitive, ever since I developed ESRD.

I can no longer use my usual bathroom cleansers (Comet, Lysol, etc.) for scrubbing out my bathtub and shower stall--my skin flares up when I bathe, from even the tiniest bit of residue.

Anybody else have this problem?  What do you use to scrub out your bathroom that's strong yet gentle on sensitive skin?
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 07:36:32 PM »

Have you tried making your own cleaners?  I'm sure there are sites online that would give the best proportions - but try using baking soda, vinegar, lemon juice, etc. . . .

Walmart keeps advertising "green" cleaners, but I'm not sure how chemical free they are.

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 07:47:41 AM »

Hallo, RightSide,
Molly Dye's "Survival Manual" mentions as a Quick Tip: Three cups of vinegar added to a medium size bucket of warm water will clean everything: glass, tiles, chrome, fridges, enamel surfaces, windows, washing machines and floors.
Good Luck!

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 09:41:28 AM »

I use white vinegar to clean lots of things.  I also throw some in the rinse cycle of my towels in the washer.  It is a natural disinfectant.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »