I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 08:17:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  been 3 days...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: been 3 days...  (Read 8870 times)
thom

« on: September 05, 2006, 03:10:53 AM »

...since i had dialysis and i'm feeling pretty rough. I usually have my sessions from 5pm and because i was a holiday patient over the weekend i was on at 7am instead so it's now been 3 days since i dialised. I look alot worse than  i usually do and i definately feel it. i want to go buy a dvd today but i feel like i look so hideous i can't leave the house! i actually want to go for treatment now! just goes to show how much i actually need it. i don't think i'd last aslong as i thought i would without dialysis. i'm so bloody thirsty too!

(btw the dvd i want is Lost series 2) that show owns!!
tamara
Elite Member

WOO HOO NEW KIDNEY PEEING !!!(Transplant 23/10/07)

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 03:52:47 AM »

So, Thom how much fluid have you put on ?

ABO Incompatible Transplant from my loving Partner 23/10/07
after over four years on the D Machine 

Dialysis Sucks and Transplants Don't.................So Far Anyway !!!!!
thom

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 04:31:41 AM »

So, Thom how much fluid have you put on ?

i'd say a good 3kilo. most i've put on saturday - teusday is 5 kilo. i usually have about 2.5 to take off. i'm just so thirsty all the time i drink without even thiking about it most of the time. i love eating ice too, more than eating (unless it's mexican food). what's the most you've had to take off?
tamara
Elite Member

WOO HOO NEW KIDNEY PEEING !!!(Transplant 23/10/07)

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 04:55:04 AM »

About 4.5 kilos. But just took it off over couple of sessions.

ABO Incompatible Transplant from my loving Partner 23/10/07
after over four years on the D Machine 

Dialysis Sucks and Transplants Don't.................So Far Anyway !!!!!
thom

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 05:03:00 AM »

About 4.5 kilos. But just took it off over couple of sessions.

oh right. i like to get it off all at once. i hate the feeling of fluid on my chest. sometimes i'm a bit naughty and i leave my wallet in my pocket so there's a bit more room for drink!
MattyBoy100

What's dialysis?

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 02:42:43 PM »

hi thom,

bit of friendly advice, you need to be careful.

oh right. i like to get it off all at once. i hate the feeling of fluid on my chest. sometimes i'm a bit naughty and i leave my wallet in my pocket so there's a bit more room for drink!

Being a bit naughty could mean you`re putting more pressure on your heart to pump harder and increase your blood pressure.  I presume you know all this already and don`t need to be lectured.  I`m sure we`ve all gone over our fluid allowance etc but be careful Thom, that`s all.

EDITED:  Fixed quote tag - Goofynina/Moderator
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 02:46:34 PM by goofynina » Logged

SCOTLAND NO.1
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 04:25:20 PM »

This is so, so horrible, but Joe has been having 7, 8, 9 KILOS taken off lately after the weekend.  It's really bad.  I think it's because we've been eating out a lot lately, and all that food is so salty...  He is a big guy, so I don't know if that makes a difference, but I know it's bad no matter how big you are.

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 05:06:29 PM »

The thought of excessive fluid gain always scares me.  I keep on remembering Jamie and how much fluid he had to take off, and how he would be passing out during dialysis because of how his BP would drop.  And this was just before he passed away.  That is a reality check for me!

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
thom

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 02:51:37 AM »

The thought of excessive fluid gain always scares me.  I keep on remembering Jamie and how much fluid he had to take off, and how he would be passing out during dialysis because of how his BP would drop.  And this was just before he passed away.  That is a reality check for me!

Damn that is scary. I think it was because i was away from home and out of my routine, i kept thinking "oh one bottle of coke wont harm" which turns out to be half a litre then i'll want another ect ect. I gotta be morecarefull. I feel alot better today after dialysis last night, i'm not thirsty at the moment so i'm putting off having a drink untill i really can't bare it. thanks for the advice folks
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 03:46:29 AM »

The most I have gotten taken off is 5.5kg I think (maybe 7kg but when I first started hemo I didn't know how much was too much and felt so sick all the time as I had peritonitis and had retained so much fluid from not being able to do good drains on PD without excruciating pain so I would stop my drains too early). My BP used to drop and I used to vomit.

Now the most I have taken off is 4.5kg. For some reason I just can't seem to control my drinks like before. I am always so thirsty.

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
thom

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 04:00:38 AM »

The most I have gotten taken off is 5.5kg I think (maybe 7kg but when I first started hemo I didn't know how much was too much and felt so sick all the time as I had peritonitis and had retained so much fluid from not being able to do good drains on PD without excruciating pain so I would stop my drains too early). My BP used to drop and I used to vomit.

Now the most I have taken off is 4.5kg. For some reason I just can't seem to control my drinks like before. I am always so thirsty.

Tell me about it, when i first started on Hemo i never even thought about fluids, i didn't have a ristriction for a few months. But now if i wake up nad have a drink that's it, i could drink all day. I just love the taste, i love eating ice. it's amazing how a couple of drinks can add up to nearly a litre and that's my limit gone. if i ever get a transplant that's what i'm looking forward to the most, being able to drink a pint of ice cold water, then go to the toillette an hour later and feel fine!

would it be really harsh of me to post a picture of an ice cold glass of cola?
MelissaJean

it's better to find peace than understanding

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2006, 04:09:21 AM »

I can deal with the food restrictions, but the fluid limitations were the worse!  Just knowing I had fluid restrictions made it even worse.  >:D  I was thirsty all the time.

And.... yeay for Season 2 Lost coming out... can't wait to get in on Netflix!

~Melissa~

"just run with me through rows of speeding cars"

- Born with Cystic Fibrosis
- Received double lung transplant 11/9/2001
- Complications from transplant:  Diabetes, Kidney Failure
- Started dialysis 6/6/06
thom

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2006, 04:33:25 AM »

I can deal with the food restrictions, but the fluid limitations were the worse!  Just knowing I had fluid restrictions made it even worse.  >:D  I was thirsty all the time.

And.... yeay for Season 2 Lost coming out... can't wait to get in on Netflix!

Yeah it's the fact that you have a ristriction that probably makes you worse. you always want what you can't have. even if it's just a glass of coke.

yeah i nearly bought series two off play.com today but my friend is sending me it, when they get round to it.
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2006, 12:21:14 PM »

I find Rootbeer ties me over so I don't mis Pepsi which I used to love. But the drink restrictions .. yes DEFINITELY is worse than any food restrictions! I mean .. I love chocolate, pizza, etc but even staying away from them and having maybe a treat once a month with my phosphate binders is easier than every single day's battle of not drinking too much for me  :-[ :-\ :'(

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
thom

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2006, 01:13:59 PM »

I find Rootbeer ties me over so I don't mis Pepsi which I used to love. But the drink restrictions .. yes DEFINITELY is worse than any food restrictions! I mean .. I love chocolate, pizza, etc but even staying away from them and having maybe a treat once a month with my phosphate binders is easier than every single day's battle of not drinking too much for me  :-[ :-\ :'(

Amen. they never even told me about this before i started dialysis. if so i would've made the most of it.
MelissaJean

it's better to find peace than understanding

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2006, 08:46:42 PM »

Amen. they never even told me about this before i started dialysis. if so i would've made the most of it.

Definitely.. one day I was dehydrated and was told to drink more liquids... I thought I died and went to heaven!

~Melissa~

"just run with me through rows of speeding cars"

- Born with Cystic Fibrosis
- Received double lung transplant 11/9/2001
- Complications from transplant:  Diabetes, Kidney Failure
- Started dialysis 6/6/06
thom

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2006, 08:17:30 AM »

Definitely.. one day I was dehydrated and was told to drink more liquids... I thought I died and went to heaven!

hahaha! they told me if i get a transplant immediately after i'll be drinking like 3litres of water a day! oh my god!
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2006, 11:31:00 AM »

hahaha! they told me if i get a transplant immediately after i'll be drinking like 3litres of water a day! oh my god!
oh yes! I remember that! They used to wake me every hour telling me "drink" .. after awhile I wanted to shove the glass up their @$$ as I didn't want my sleep interrupted anymore. Hopefully I find out with my next transplant at another hospital that they don't wake you up during sleep anymore like they used to in 1990!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
thom

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2006, 02:36:37 AM »

oh yes! I remember that! They used to wake me every hour telling me "drink" .. after awhile I wanted to shove the glass up their @$$ as I didn't want my sleep interrupted anymore. Hopefully I find out with my next transplant at another hospital that they don't wake you up during sleep anymore like they used to in 1990!

hell, the idea of someone waking me up for a drink sounds bloody great if you ask me. bring it on!
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2006, 08:19:11 PM »

hell, the idea of someone waking me up for a drink sounds bloody great if you ask me. bring it on!
Actually .. I think this time around I won't hate it like I did back then when I was still able to pee the whole time on PD :P

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »