I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 04:28:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Other Severe Medical Conditions
| | |-+  Tell me about medical abuse
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tell me about medical abuse  (Read 4878 times)
qtarsusy

« on: February 23, 2009, 11:37:18 PM »

hiiiii
Few day ago i knew about medical abuse, I searched for it and I knew the actual meaning of it. but one thing I don't understand that how can we get justice from medical abuse. plz give me suggestion.
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 11:50:24 PM »

Unfortunately the only thing that comes to mind, would be to hire an Attorney. Good luck, I hope you aren't suffering from the abuse you say you got, or are getting.

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 05:31:27 AM »

hiiiii
Few day ago i knew about medical abuse, I searched for it and I knew the actual meaning of it. but one thing I don't understand that how can we get justice from medical abuse. plz give me suggestion.

Tell us what happened.  Abuse is a broad term. 

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 02:38:02 PM »

Hello qtarsusy,

Please go to the introduce yourself thread here:  http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?board=14.0 and tell us a little about yourself, just so we can get to know you better.

As far as medical abuse, we call it malpractice here in the Unite States so you would need to contact a good Malpractice Lawyer. They can tell you if you have a case worth taking,and if you find a good Lawyer it should cost you nothing until you win your case and then they will most likely get 30% of the total received from the Doctor, clinic, or hospital.

Sluff/Admin
qtarsusy

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 08:40:07 PM »

My friend was treated in nursing home for serious injury. but when his health improved then the staff of nursing home neglected him therefore again his fall down in serious stage. does anybody there know how can i get justice?
cookie2008

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 06:04:35 AM »

In that nursing home there should be a poster with information about who to contact about abuse and neglect, when my father was in one in new york state they were posted in there.

Started PD in 11/07
Started Hemo in 7/08
Started NxStage 5/09
qtarsusy

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 02:09:46 AM »

In that nursing home there should be a poster with information about who to contact about abuse and neglect, when my father was in one in new york state they were posted in there.
I personally speak to the authority but I can't get solution. They don't want to hear anything.
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 08:46:41 AM »

The same way you get justice for anything else.

1)  You hire an attorney
2)  You pay an attorney
3)  You prove your case

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
LightLizard

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 11:54:03 AM »

the trick is is who you talk to. lawyers cost too much money. even a consult can cost way more than you'd expect.
find out who the CEO is and talk to them. when my wife's mother was in the hospital and left in the bathroom for hours, unattended, my wife was so enraged that she contacted the CEO of the hospital and that ward had a few firings soon after.
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 02:23:10 PM »

the trick is is who you talk to. lawyers cost too much money. even a consult can cost way more than you'd expect.
find out who the CEO is and talk to them. when my wife's mother was in the hospital and left in the bathroom for hours, unattended, my wife was so enraged that she contacted the CEO of the hospital and that ward had a few firings soon after.

I do have to agree with LightLizard that his suggestion should absolutely be your first step.  :clap;  I, personaly, am not one to talk to an attorney right off the bat.  I feel lawsuit threats and pointless suits are way out of hand.  So I will change my original answer to include:

1)  Talk to Supervisor, Upper Management, CEO's, etc. first.   If then you don't get some sort of satifactory "justice" or answers, then you need to at least consult with an attorney if you so choose to spend that money.

Because, yes, Attorneys are outrageous with their fees.  Their postage reimbursements alone can put you in the poor house!  We're living proof of that.   :banghead;
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 06:36:02 PM by kellyt » Logged

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »