I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:20:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Are you prepared for a major disaster?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are you prepared for a major disaster?  (Read 2380 times)
Sara
Elite Member

« on: August 25, 2006, 12:26:22 PM »

Right now in the Southeast US it is hurricane season so it got me thinking about how little we are prepared.  Our city has been very fortunate to not be hit directly by a hurricane in several decades, but it will get us eventually.  This goes for earthquakes, tornadoes, terrorist attacks, longterm power outage, whatever could majorly affect you...how prepared are you?

We have flashlights...the ones you shake up and down to charge and don't require batteries.  That's about it.  Kind of bad considering hurricanes are just around the corner for us.

What about the rest of you?

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 03:21:20 PM »

I know dialysis patients have a list of crap to eat in case of emergency, but I'm going to go with the Nepro Cans.  Complete nutrition for people on dialysis. 

They do have a website:  http://www.ross.com/   then click on Product Handbook at the top and then type in Nepro in the search and it should come up and you can read about it.

You can order as little as 1 six-pack for $13 and that includes shipping.  The number in the United States is 1-800-986-8502.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »